ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Enmore setlist, pix and reviews P2 Return to archive Page: 1 2
02-18-03 09:31 AM
fmk438j This is not in order, but I think it is pretty much complete (from memory only).

Midnight Rambler (very suprised to see this as opener, but was fucking great)
Tumbling Dice
Dead Flowers
No Expectations
Can't Turn loose
Everbody needs somebody
that's how strong my love is
Slippin Away
Happy
Start me up
neighbours
going to a go go
Rock me baby (with Angus and Malcom Young!!!!!!)
HTW
Brown Sugar
Iorr
EDIT EDIT EDIT
stisfaction

too fried

Post this now, and then story, so you can read this quicker.
[Edited by fmk438j]
02-18-03 09:32 AM
marko How were guitars?
02-18-03 09:38 AM
fmk438j keith was loud, but we were right in front directly in line with his amps.

02-18-03 10:24 AM
fmk438j The story. Before I go on I should put in the disclaimer that this is kinda my first show, with the other being in 95 of which i remember little. So I more or less lost my stones virginity tonight and will have viewed it much differently to old-timers.

We drove an hour an a half to be in line at 910am. There were four guys ahead of us. The next two people after us to arrive were two dutch dudes, one of whome I got talking to quite a bit and is real cool guy (Roberto, he is going to all the euro club shows!). We wait and wait. I give SIA a few updates over the phone. He arrives about 1 I think. We are anxious but all very pumped. Roberto tells me of his amazing stresses to get shephards bush tickets.

Security is in all sorts. Won't go into too many details needless to say they came close bringing on my own nervous breakdown. At about 6:30 they call all the "door 7's" up out of the line (not us!). We sit watching as people from way back in the line are ushered ahead and into the gating they have erected. Turns out everything is cool.

THese two dudes got gyped by scaplers for $1000 a ticket enmore FAKES. THey went and confronted him (he dribbled shit about not being his fualt) and managed to squeeze half they're money back plus buy some legit ones in time (what a ride).

We had a car parked on the street along the line for a little while playing all old tunes and this really old guy, probably 75+ comes down the street dancing and shaking like you wouldn't believe. He was having the time of his life.

The Japanese couple that I'm told went to every US show (the ones with the ronnie signs) were there.

Finally after nearly having heart failure we make it in and run straight up and get on the little barracade on keith's side about 1m from the catwalk. We are just taking deep breaths, spinning out that all the work has actually come together. SIA stands to the catwalk side of me (he later manages a great jump-and-grab to secure a keith pic!)

We see Bernard move in the back of all the equipment during the support. The support finished up.

Keith sneakily made his move before they flew on with Rambler. Man this was the song I had to hear. They open with it and keith is within metres. I am BEAMING, I just turn to my dad and we both look at each other with an expression of "this is fucking unbelievable" (many of these looks are repeated throughout the night).

Mick is a machine. You can feel the whole audience respond to him. Such a showman, he is a force.

I see ronnie looking over and I hold my shirt out with the drawing he sent to Gerardo on the front and he sees me, he did that crouch kinda thing he does and shook both his fists out to his side (it was like he was taking the piss a bit, at my pure adulation, but maybe he saw the print also).

Dead Flowers was nice. I see what i thought Mick's pic fall to th ground. he continues and ronnie comes up and offers his, but mick declines as it seems he still has his. Not sure what it was that fell.

No expectaions was great.

Bobby is doing it real tough in the heat. He's swaying his head and looks like he could collapse, but he keeps on going.

There seemed to be slight confusion on the running order of the setlist. Keith had to ask what key neighbours was in.

The band intro. When chuck is introduced SIA and I simultaneously look at each other and piss ourselves with laughter. Charlie gets a huge ovation which breaks into a chant of "char-lie, char-lie, char-lie" (very embarrassed as usual).

Keith I think repeated a few too many of one verse. Happy was cool. He started this and a few others right on the cat walk.

Rock Me baby. The lights were dimmed a bit and I see this guy coming out with a guitar around his neck and I'm thinking "why is this roadie got the guitar like that rather than just outstreached for keith, is something wrong?". Then it hits me, it's ANGUS friggin Young. I can't say i am an AC/DC fan but this was very special and I would not have guessed it. To see the four guitars working at once was kinda odd but very very cool. The crowd goes ballistic of course. At one point toward the end Angus goes over to keith and seemed to be saying "I didn't know what I was doing right there" (probably humbled in Keith's presence) but Keith just responds in congratulations/thumbs-up kinda thing.

HTW is cool. Not sure if they usually do this but Bernard does some mock butt-fuck/doggie pounding of lisa's arse which was fucking great.

Having keith just 1m away from my nose, kneeling and playing, you can see everything, his face, fingers, it is fucking unbelievable and I was very lucky to be able to slap his hand. I posted in the setlist that JJF was the encore, but I imagined this as this is what I told my dad it would be for sure. At this time I am so high I am spinning. Why does the show have to end? I could have watched them do the final bows for an hour.

There's sure to be a shitload of typos above but it is 220am and I am not gonna correct them.

It's really strange for me to make an acurate judgement of how th show was in the grand scheme of things because this is my first and I was really awestruck. I don't really want to have to think about it in terms of where it ranks because for me it was a dream come true.

I don't know how the other shows will be, but I just can't see them topping tonight.

[Edited by fmk438j]
02-18-03 10:35 AM
telecaster Great reviews. AC/DC? Just shows who cool and secure
The Stones are to have them on stage in Aussie.

Sounds like an awesome night.

This I need a bootleg.
02-18-03 10:37 AM
Monkey Woman What a story, fmk438j! I'm so happy for you!
The part about seeing Angus as a roadie is so cool!!! And congrats for getting to touch Keith and be aknowledged by Ronnie! I was definitely your night!
02-18-03 10:38 AM
jb Congratulations on a great show...as AC/DC says, "for those about to rock, we salute you".
02-18-03 10:45 AM
fmk438j One of the coolest things was looking just over to the other side of the cat walk and seeing Roberto, and Marko his friend, plus all the guys I know from Downunderstones which we had qued with all day. Just exchanging glances of our shear delight and everyone knowing what it meant to the other to be this close.
02-18-03 10:49 AM
Fiji Joe Opening with MR...that's queer indeed
02-18-03 10:52 AM
jb Queer...but better than YGMR....as queer as a 3 dollar bill..
02-18-03 11:06 AM
parmeda fmk...What a show!
And you got ANGUS to boot! I am soooooo jealous!

Thanks for your story...
02-18-03 11:43 AM
LadyJane FMK, we've all been in your shoes and can totally relate to your feelings!! .

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us!!

LadyJ.
02-18-03 01:34 PM
Martha fmk...what a wonderful review..made me feel I was almost there myself and that is as good as it gets right now Ronnie! Hey, how did you get that Ronnie cake shirt????

I want one BADLY!

Madly in fact!!!!!

Wanted to wear it at the Staples show.

You got the gold ring my friend! Ride the wave as long as you can!

Unforgettable..that's what I call the Rolling Stones Ronnie!

Just give me the low down...........
02-18-03 01:39 PM
throbby fmk! Great fucking read! Thank you!
02-18-03 02:01 PM
Mother baby
quote:
fmk438j wrote:
Rock Me baby. The lights were dimmed a bit and I see this guy coming out with a guitar around his neck and I'm thinking "why is this roadie got the guitar like that rather than just outstreached for keith, is something wrong?". Then it hits me, it's ANGUS friggin Young.

I'da had a heart attack.....
02-18-03 06:27 PM
corgi37 Fmk, what a top read. I am so rapt for you, SIA, and the others for being so priviliged to witness such a great show. In your post you mentioned a Japenese couple that have been to every show. I havent heard about them before, what's the deal with them? Must have a bit of dosh to throw around. The news showed a guy sitting on a couch outside the Enmore, and the crowd outside was about 10 deep. Did they keep the doors open for them? One thing i would have done, is try to get a photo of the marquee out the front. It looked so cool to the ROLLING STONES, TONIGHT on such a small marquee. Good luck to ya, i still got 8 damn days to go. I am simly DYING here!
02-18-03 06:34 PM
fmk438j
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
Fmk, what a top read. I am so rapt for you, SIA, and the others for being so priviliged to witness such a great show. In your post you mentioned a Japenese couple that have been to every show. I havent heard about them before, what's the deal with them? Must have a bit of dosh to throw around. The news showed a guy sitting on a couch outside the Enmore, and the crowd outside was about 10 deep. Did they keep the doors open for them? One thing i would have done, is try to get a photo of the marquee out the front. It looked so cool to the ROLLING STONES, TONIGHT on such a small marquee. Good luck to ya, i still got 8 damn days to go. I am simly DYING here!

These Japanese people I was unaware of, but am told by more worldy folk that they went to every US show, and that the stones security know them. They envited them in early. If you get to see the HBO show they are the ones holding up the flashing Ronnie sign.

Not sure what the scene was outside during the show exactly (just read in a paper that crowd of 10 deep outside doors), but when we came uot they had closed the street and a big crowd was milling about. I will post a couple photos from outside, including the marquee in this post when I get round to uploading them (not very exciting compared to the nice ones I'm sure someone will have got from inside). We took a crappy disposable in and will see if anything comes from that. I could have easily got my digital camera in, but the stress of the waiting all day with the possibility of getting stoppped as i walked in would have been unbearable.

Two virile Australian men

Come all ye faithfull. SIA, Roberto in the background and the arm of the japanese woman.'

if these don't work, try these.

http://www.pbase.com/image/13175055/large

http://www.pbase.com/image/13175696/large

I just heard on the radio that the young's came with marianne, and that it was not planned at all. If this is true, this makes it all the more sweeter.

[Edited by fmk438j]
[Edited by fmk438j]
02-18-03 08:42 PM
exile Man i am with you
I think i saw you up there Daniel

I was right in front of mick so close it was unbelievable

I JUST missed out on getting keiths pic

i just woke up and still am in shock a about how great the concert was it really was everything I had hoped for AND more

how great was mick
02-18-03 08:48 PM
exile also what about Micks cool stones tounge logo shirt
with sydney in silver writing across it

see you at glimmer gathering
02-18-03 09:42 PM
gypsymofo60 Great review Fmk, especially when you were still so high from the show. Your first Stones show is always gonna be something out of the ordinary, but for you it's just begining. See ya on the 25th.
02-19-03 07:31 AM
corgi37 hey fmk, good pics outside the enmore. i loved the one about the trivia night having to be moved to another night. that was a priceless pic.
02-19-03 08:01 PM
parmeda
quote:
exile wrote:
also what about Micks cool stones tounge logo shirt
with sydney in silver writing across it

see you at glimmer gathering

I fell in love with that shirt a few weeks ago, exile...isn't it the baddest thing he's worn so far!!!

Damn, I wish they would market it.
I'll take 2, please!
02-19-03 11:24 PM
FPM C10 One thing I just noticed from the header pic - the Young Brothers are using Keith & Woody's guitars. Doesn't Angus generally play an SG? And his brother grabbed that Dusenberg - can't say that I blame him!

Wonder if this was all spur-of-the-moment? That would be VERY cool. I'm not a big AC/DC fan but I'm psyched for my many friends who are.

If someone else already discussed this I apologise.
02-20-03 10:08 AM
nankerphelge You need Angus therapy my friend.
High Voltage
Let There Be Rock
Powerage
Highway to Hell
a '76 drop-top eldo going 90 mph down the blue ridge
mucho chiba
and a cross-section of C10 to help you bang your head on the dashboard!
Then you'll like them just fine!
02-20-03 10:22 AM
Sir Stonesalot LOL Flea!

Great minds think alike. Check out Part one of the Enmore thing...

This is exactly why we are an unbeatable Pictionary team!
02-20-03 12:43 PM
Maxlugar Angus Young is a fellow shirtless guitar player.

Like so many of us great ones.

and now....

(long, slow, deep breath)

MAXY!!!!
(that oughta hold the sons of bitches)

Oh my God, was that mic on?
(Laugh track)
02-20-03 08:25 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
fmk438j wrote:
The next two people after us to arrive were two dutch dudes, one of whome I got talking to quite a bit and is real cool guy (Roberto, he is going to all the euro club shows!). We wait and wait. I give SIA a few updates over the phone. He arrives about 1 I think. We are anxious but all very pumped. Roberto tells me of his amazing stresses to get shephards bush tickets.

Did he happen to mention a girl with whom he stressed to get tix? It is I!! I was in the UK for 2 weeks with Roberto at that time, it was amazing we got tix. Ask Gazza! LOL
02-20-03 08:38 PM
fmk438j
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:
Did he happen to mention a girl with whom he stressed to get tix? It is I!! I was in the UK for 2 weeks with Roberto at that time, it was amazing we got tix. Ask Gazza! LOL

He mainly atlked about being on a train and not knowing how many tickets they would release, catching acab and being number 503 or something like that in line. He said how stressed he was because maybe they would release 500 tickets and he would miss out. He couoldn't eat or sleep in the days leading up to the show.

He tells some great stories, all about getting the euro club tickets, especially the german ticket site not working. Great bloke. MArko got som great photos from enmore. One is absolutely amazing of keith crouched down playing, fantastic.
02-20-03 08:50 PM
Angiegirl Shepherds Bush was stressful, it cost me 10 years I think, lol. The owner of the hotel in Sheffield gave Roberto and me and Gazza and his wife a ride to the Sheffield train station so we could catch the first train to London! Luckily Gazza had a cell phone so we got updates on how many people were already in line at Tower Records...aaaahhh.
Marco told me about his Enmore pix, I'll want to see them as soon as they come back here!! LOL.
02-21-03 02:48 PM
icydanger

seemed so intense.... ty

midnight rambler...
Page: 1 2

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST