ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

©
Madafaka Click the image to enlarge it
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Is Dublin Still On? Return to archive
February 21st, 2006 05:26 PM
glencar I was told by an Irish friend today that a dispute with/between a oair of Irish promoters has led the Stones to cancel the Croke Park show. Anyone else have info about this?
February 21st, 2006 05:31 PM
Gazza The show was never at Croke Park, but Phoenix Park (which is a public park as opposed to Croke, which is a massive stadium)

That rumour has been going around for a few weeks, plus the show was removed from rs.com but a newspaper report a couple of weeks ago suggested it would indeed take place :

From "The Post" sunday newspaper:

Rolling Stones gig confirmed

05 February 2006 By Ian Kehoe
The British rock group has committed in writing to play the event and stated that Aiken will be the promoters, according to reliable sources close to the company. The promoters are applying for a concert licence from Dublin City Council and the gig is expected to take place on August 18.

Doubts about the concert surfaced last week when it emerged that the band’s official website did not mention Dublin on a list of European cities it will play this summer. But it is understood that a date will be added once Aiken Promotions receives formal confirmation from the council.

The concert has been at the centre of a High Court action involving rival concert promoters MCD and the Office of Public Works (OPW) over the staging of the gig. Late last month, the High Court adjourned a challenge by MCD, the concert business controlled by Denis Desmond, against the OPW’s decision to award the concert to Aiken Promotions. The action is due to be mentioned again in three weeks time.
February 21st, 2006 08:04 PM
PeerQueer It better be on! I'm planning on attending!
February 22nd, 2006 09:07 AM
Joey " I'm planning on attending! "

February 22nd, 2006 02:50 PM
glencar Dublin will not get omaha'd!
February 22nd, 2006 03:27 PM
jb Hopefully off as they cannot compete with the 750k U2 sales
February 22nd, 2006 03:28 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:
Hopefully off as they cannot compete with the 750k U2 sales

February 22nd, 2006 03:29 PM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
Dublin will not get omaha'd!

Actually , we had one HELL of a set list

...you are jealous of :

February 22nd, 2006 03:30 PM
glencar They're trying to fill 75K seats or so. Good luck. My Irish friends are talking about Paris/Brussels & damn if I'm not thinking of joining them. Yes, I hate the Frenchies(except for those on this board!) but I'd love to see them on the Continent.
February 22nd, 2006 03:30 PM
glencar
quote:
Joey wrote:

Actually , we had one HELL of a set list

...you are jealous of :

Joey, that was a HELLISH setlist. I'm sorry but you need to know the truth, Ruth.
February 22nd, 2006 03:31 PM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:

Joey, that was a HELLISH setlist. I'm sorry but you need to know the truth, Ruth.

You make Joey sad
February 22nd, 2006 03:34 PM
glencar Can I send you some CD's to cheer you up? Just not one from Omaha as that show lacked a certain je ne sais quoi...
February 22nd, 2006 03:36 PM
Joey " Just not one from Omaha as that show lacked a certain je ne sais quoi..."

February 22nd, 2006 03:37 PM
erikjjf
quote:
jb wrote:
Hopefully off as they cannot compete with the 750k U2 sales

252k saw U2 during their three nights at Croke Park.
February 22nd, 2006 03:38 PM
glencar erikjjf, what about my initial post? Have you any info?
February 22nd, 2006 03:38 PM
glencar
quote:
Joey wrote:
" Just not one from Omaha as that show lacked a certain je ne sais quoi..."

Maybe the Nebraska Powerballers will bring a better show to the benighted state...
[Edited by glencar]
February 22nd, 2006 03:41 PM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
lacked a certain je ne sais quoi...

Is she as pretty as Paris Hilton ?!?!
February 22nd, 2006 03:43 PM
glencar You know it!
February 22nd, 2006 03:44 PM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
You know it!

[ Edited by Pauli ]
[Edited by Joey]
February 22nd, 2006 03:48 PM
glencar Joey, we've known each other via the www for what, 8, 9 years now? Please don't ever post a Pauly Shore pic on my thread ever again, even if Paris is in it. Even if Bush is in it. Even if Mick is in it. No more Pauly Shore ever again. Thanks for listening...
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)