ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

©
Madafaka Click the image to enlarge it
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Ricky Williams Return to archive
February 20th, 2006 11:43 AM
Jumping Jack Is there anyone on this planet dumber than Ricky Williams?
February 20th, 2006 11:53 AM
voodoopug
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
Is there anyone on this planet dumber than Ricky Williams?

see our PMs from Shidoobee
February 20th, 2006 11:59 AM
Lazy Bones This is, what, number 4?
February 20th, 2006 12:12 PM
jb 1972= #1 @17-0........perfection can never be beaten!!! Ricky smokes a little ganja(like no one else?) and they keep this proud African-American man down!!! NFL is racist IMO!!!
[Edited by jb]
February 20th, 2006 12:17 PM
Jumping Jack Dude, where's my career?

February 20th, 2006 12:33 PM
gimmekeef Too bad they didnt get that deal done with Denver!...lol...the only thing dumber than Ricky...was Ditka in that Ricky wig after the draft!!!!
February 20th, 2006 12:53 PM
mac_daddy what happened to ricky..?

February 20th, 2006 12:57 PM
chevysales
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
Is there anyone on this planet dumber than Ricky Williams?

he missed a drug test... more to story than we have been told... if he is in india he is off the hook... if not well damn we just lost a 3rd rounder from denver on a trade.
February 20th, 2006 01:03 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Team loyalty be damned....stick with the winners.
February 20th, 2006 02:04 PM
mac_daddy i hope he is india...

there are guys like that, though - that play because they can, not because they love the game...

i was rooting for ricky. and he was looking better as the season went along...

i must say - saban impressed the hell outta me. he has those guys believing in themselves, and they were winning some football games towards the end. they were definitely moving in the right direction. if williams starts, i wouldnt be surprised to see them get a wild card next year. if he is a starter, and his off-season progresses the way it should (not like the way it apparently is), he would be very close to being a top10 back again in 2006...

he should've played professional hoops - they dont test for the rope in the nba

[Edited by mac_daddy]
February 20th, 2006 02:12 PM
mac_daddy sorry guys - i promise to use google before asking questions...

quote:
SKOLNICK: Williams saga goes in a sad direction

Let this not be true.

Let this be shoddy testing. Shady sources. Switched samples. Sabotage. Something.

Let this be some sort of explainable mistake, instead of the widely predicted end.

Say this won't stick, Rick.

Ricky Williams didn't fail another drug test. He didn't subject himself to another suspension, this one at least a year. He didn't prove right all the wiseguys who said he could never stay clean. He didn't jeopardize his financial health.

Did he?

Those were the disturbing reports Sunday, from Mile High to the Magic City. Those were the knowing chuckles from everyone who said this would happen. This observer had been one of those once. I was against his 2005 return, after he ditched the team just before 2004 began. I couldn't comprehend why Nick Saban WOULD open the guest room to the man who burned the last house down. I feared the distraction, the disruption.

I had been proven wrong.

Ricky Williams didn't just rebuild his reputation. He reinvented himself. He worked. He tutored his replacement, Ronnie Brown. He was Mr. Team Guy, far as anyone could tell. Heck, he was the co-winner of the media's Good Guy Award, for speaking openly and without end. Maybe he hadn't changed at his core. Who does? But he adapted. With debts over his head, and a contract below par for his ability, he did not complain. He made the best of it.

He got you to root for him, even if you had been reluctant.

And, for some of you at least, he did it with how he was acting as well as running.

So this isn't about the drugs, even though the drugs may have done him in again --again, if reports are true. You can take issue with the nation's marijuana laws and with the league's enforcement, and still believe that an employee should obey his profession's stated rules, especially with the alternative clearly known.

This is about a seemingly decent man continuing to do harm to himself.

So there is no shock or outrage at this news, as there was when he left teammates in a lurch in 2004.

Just disappointment, and just for Williams. For the Dolphins? Why? Many fans will bemoan the loss of Williams' trade value, but what was the most you could reasonably expect, considering Williams' circumstances? A conditional sixth? Is that the pick on which this franchise's fate will rest?

Williams is a wizard at what he does. He may not love football enough to protect his right to keep earning pay for it, but he sure can play it. He lost weight in the year off, not his natural gifts -- just ask the tacklers he juked in Jacksonville in the preseason. When he had his chance again near season's end, he was dynamic as ever, with 280 yards over his final two games. He finished with 743, on a healthy 4.4 average.

He is a more instinctive, more explosive runner than Ronnie Brown right now, but the Dolphins had too much invested in Brown to stay with Williams much longer anyway. So this won't hurt them much. They had prepared themselves for this prospect -- some would say inevitability -- in a way the previous regime could not. They knew they could lose this player, even if they chose to keep him.

The story here was about the person. It was a redeeming story, the sort of story we like to see in sports, even if we must strain to see it. That person had seemingly turned a better, less self-destructive direction. All season, during his fascinating postgame chats, Williams spoke of wearing white because it represented purity. It was one of countless interesting revelations from an interesting, appealing, intelligent guy who has this terrible habit of leaving us blue.

http://www.newsday.com/sports/football/sfl-0220rickyskolnick,0,4355622.column?coll=ny-sports-headlines
February 20th, 2006 02:27 PM
jb Legalize pot!!!!!
February 20th, 2006 04:28 PM
bob kidrock ritchie "Is there anyone on this planet dumber than Ricky Williams?"

Other than me? Vanessa Williams.
February 20th, 2006 06:30 PM
Some Guy Free Ricky
February 21st, 2006 08:49 AM
chevysales
quote:
jb wrote:
Legalize pot!!!!!

legalize it and i will advertise it

[Edited by chevysales]
February 21st, 2006 10:08 AM
gypsy Ricky Williams likes to smoke cock.
[Edited by gypsy]
February 21st, 2006 10:28 AM
nanatod Gypsy, that's libelous.
February 21st, 2006 11:23 AM
gypsy Ricky Williams is a Howe graduate.
[Edited by gypsy]
February 21st, 2006 12:14 PM
Joey " Is there anyone on this planet dumber than
Ricky Williams?"
February 21st, 2006 01:53 PM
Break The Spell

[/quote]

A look that says "I just learned to spell my name".
February 21st, 2006 02:17 PM
Joey
quote:
Break The Spell wrote:

A look that says "I just learned to spell my name".

funny !!!!!

Great Postin' !!!!

-- " He is relentless...a relentless GENIUS!!! Long may ' Break The Spell ' and his keyboard live!!!", Paul Couzzo- Posting World Magazine.
February 21st, 2006 02:23 PM
Break The Spell
quote:
Joey wrote:

funny !!!!!

Great Postin' !!!!

-- " He is relentless...a relentless GENIUS!!! Long may ' Break The Spell ' and his keyboard live!!!", Paul Couzzo- Posting World Magazine.

The awards just keep rollin' in, I'm a humbled man by all the love.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)