ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

©
Madafaka Click the image to enlarge it
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Well behaved Stones' fans Return to archive
February 20th, 2006 07:59 AM
Ten Thousand Motels STONES GIG STAYS CRIME FREE

LATEST: The huge police presence at the free ROLLING STONES concert in Rio De Janeiro, Brazil, on Saturday (18FEB06) night paid off - only 10 of the two million-strong crowd were arrested.

Ten thousand officers were drafted in to marshall the Copacabana beach show, including military police who occupied the city's favela slums to prevent gang activity.

The spectacle passed without any major offences - although 203 fainting fans were treated by paramedics.

During the concert - the second largest in history - Stones guitarist KEITH RICHARDS told fans, "It's good to be here. But then it's good to be anywhere," a line borrowed from legendary comedian GEORGE BURNS.

20/02/2006 03:21

February 20th, 2006 08:27 AM
egon
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
During the concert - the second largest in history - Stones guitarist KEITH RICHARDS told fans, "It's good to be here. But then it's good to be anywhere," a line borrowed from legendary comedian GEORGE BURNS.

Soemhow that sounds familiar
February 20th, 2006 08:30 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
STONES GIG STAYS CRIME FREE

my sources told me that 30 wheels chair have been stolen during "this place is empty"...
February 20th, 2006 08:34 AM
egon keef really should stop singing live.
it sounds good on record.
It does NOT sound good on stage.
February 20th, 2006 08:39 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
egon wrote:
keef really should stop singing live.
it sounds good on record.
It does NOT sound good on stage.

Agree.
it s good to be here....boring
February 20th, 2006 08:46 AM
egon i saw him live in 1992.
he was good. still had the strenght to sing
through a whole show.
seems it went wrong round about voodoo lounge.
it really is terrible now, and it's sad that he
doesn't seem to (want to) realise it.
February 20th, 2006 09:06 AM
Ten Thousand Motels Usually there's a baby or two born at events this size.
February 20th, 2006 10:08 AM
Gazza ..yeah, and they're usually Mick's......
February 20th, 2006 10:09 AM
GotToRollMe I have to disagree with you, guys. Let's face it, Keef never had the greatest voice to begin with, and the guy does have a lot of extra miles on him - but I wouldn't trade watching him perform "Happy" or "This Place Is Empty" for anything in the world. There's only one Keith Richards, and once he's gone, he's gone - so I'm taking anything I can get while I can, and gratefully. Just my two cents.
February 20th, 2006 10:15 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:
I have to disagree with you, guys. Let's face it, Keef never had the greatest voice to begin with, and the guy does have a lot of extra miles on him - but I wouldn't trade watching him perform "Happy" or "This Place Is Empty" for anything in the world. There's only one Keith Richards, and once he's gone, he's gone - so I'm taking anything I can get while I can, and gratefully. Just my two cents.

happy in 2006 sounds terrible imho.
but if you like it, that s ok for me
February 20th, 2006 10:19 AM
Moonisup I like it when keith sings live, but could do without Happy, Little T&A or b4 TMMR would be cool.
February 20th, 2006 10:25 AM
mrhipfl I think Keith should still sing, but Mick should be on the stage singing with him, like in the earlier days.
February 20th, 2006 10:35 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
mrhipfl wrote:
I think Keith should still sing, but Mick should be on the stage singing with him, like in the earlier days.

That s nice to dream.they got a contract about that since 1981.
it s not only rock n roll
February 20th, 2006 10:41 AM
gustavobala little t&a would works better than happy for the crowd

happy 2006 is like UNhappy!
February 20th, 2006 11:07 AM
jb
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:

That s nice to dream.they got a contract about that since 1981.
it s not only rock n roll

100% correct sir!!! mKeith's ego precludes Mick from being on satge sicne 81 and also provides for 2 songs in set since 89 forward..and truthfully, as anyone could tell. Mick no longer wishes to be on set during the Keith set s he uses it to rest and is probably somewhat embarrassed....
February 20th, 2006 11:18 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:
Let's face it, Keef never had the greatest voice to begin with, and the guy does have a lot of extra miles on him - but I wouldn't trade watching him perform "Happy" or "This Place Is Empty" for anything in the world. There's only one Keith Richards, and once he's gone, he's gone - so I'm taking anything I can get while I can, and gratefully. Just my two cents.

Well Dylan doesn't actually "sing" all that well either. That, of course, is not the point.
February 20th, 2006 01:32 PM
keefjunkie
quote:

Well Dylan doesn't actually "sing" all that well either. That, of course, is not the point.

he used to
February 20th, 2006 02:50 PM
Lucy_Bandersnatch "Memory Motel" in Chicago with BOTH singing was very, well, memorable for the harmony as well as the the overall "glimmer" double team effect. There's nothing in this world like those two.

I'd like to hear "Infamy" more often just because is has such a nice funky beat.
February 20th, 2006 03:04 PM
nankerphelge Gazza wrote:

"..yeah, and they're usually Mick's......"

You make nanky laugh out loud!!!
February 20th, 2006 03:44 PM
gorda This analogy is going to sound awful, but this is how I feel. Keith is an acquired taste, like menudo.

When I was little I hated the Mexican soup, menudo. My mother would serve me a bowl and I would sit and whine and only eat the hominy. Later as an adult, on the weekends, I'll travel for miles, just for a bowl of menudo.

Hearing Keith sing at the SBC Park in San Francisco. It was such a beautiful experience. Sad, but beautiful. His voice was so broken down, and the words he was singing, "Slipping away". I just wanted to cry. He touched my heart!
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)