ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

©
Madafaka Click the image to enlarge it
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Ronnie In Copacabana - Playing Great! Return to archive
February 20th, 2006 02:19 AM
Bruno Stone I was there. I saw it all. Mick was fantastic, Keith was fantastic, Charlie was fantastic.

Let's talk about a boy who lately is being punched in many ocasions here: Ronnie Wood.

The guy rocked. He was totally sober and actually PLAYING. I'll never forget his solo in YCAGWYW and i'll smash the DVD if it come turned down. It was loud and nasty, holy shit... He played the rock'n'roll last night and he played loud and consistent.

I think I don't need to talk about Midnight Rambler.

I love you Ronnie, stay sober e keep on rocking!!!!!!

Ps.: Can't you believe it was my first show? Bruno, the luckiest guy in the whole world!!!!!!!
February 20th, 2006 08:25 AM
gimmekeef He was fabulous in Atlanta too...what a difference in sound when he and Keith are weaving...instead of waving...
February 20th, 2006 08:37 AM
Jumping Jack Listen to Ronnie playing in Atlanta:

http://s64.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2Z35CIL8QLQGQ0UV54JI5XSGJZ
[Edited by Jumping Jack]
February 20th, 2006 09:05 AM
gustavobala if stones let ronnie free to do the solo, we never more miss MICK TAYLOR....

IN RIO HE WAS FANTASTIC!

AND I DON´T LIKE SO MUCH, I LIKE TAYLOR!
February 20th, 2006 10:13 AM
RollingstonesUSA Couldnt agree more, absolutley fuckin great and on fire!
February 20th, 2006 10:16 AM
Gazza The warm weather must be agreeing with Keith's arthritis and Guinness must be hard to find in South America, because both Keith & Woody were monstrously good on Saturday night - much more consistent than usual.

February 20th, 2006 10:23 AM
voodoopug
quote:
Gazza wrote:
The warm weather must be agreeing with Keith's arthritis and Guinness must be hard to find in South America, because both Keith & Woody were monstrously good on Saturday night - much more consistent than usual.

I have never doubted that Ronnie has the chops. (Keith has surprised me this tour as this is his best playing in years, technically as well as his level of inspiration, he is playing great). Ronnie just seems to get bored up there. In CHicago when they were playing Start Me up on the small stage (1.23) he missed his solo because he was trying to talk to some girls in the front row and make sure they got a guitar pick. Sometimes he hits wrong notes, and i dont think he is drunk...I just think he is bored and not "into it" as much as other times. YCAGWYW on Fenway 2 and several songs from Rio...the man was on fire!
February 20th, 2006 11:32 AM
gimmekeef Pug et al....wait till you hear Sway from Atlanta...wow...Did I hear our friend Drake has this boot bout ready?....
February 20th, 2006 01:50 PM
Jumping Jack Ronnie was good in Rio, but messed up a bit on SMU and a few others.

Ronnie was excellent in Atlanta. He was being encouraged by a very large group of hard core maniacs directly in front of him.

From Drake:

"Hey Steve!

I'd say that the actual sound came out better than Columbus or Memphis. The only difference between this recording and the others is that there's a lot more crowd participation on Atlanta. So soundwise, best I've done. I'll be glad to send you a copy when its finished."

A lot more crowd participation is an understatement, the crowd went nuts from the get go and brought out the best in them. No humiliation in Atlanta!!!

ATLANTA DESERVES A THIRD SHOW. SEE Y'ALL AT THE FOX THIS FALL!!!

February 20th, 2006 01:55 PM
gimmekeef Thanks JJ...Very encouraging..If its better than Memphis then my guess is it may challenge Houston for best audience recording so far..(considering Rio sources like XM will be awesome).That would be so sweeeeeet...And yes we did it up well in the ATL!!!
February 20th, 2006 06:46 PM
tumbling dice I was there. they weaving a lot,In Oh no not you again they were great !
February 20th, 2006 07:24 PM
CraigP As if Ronnie responded to "our" recent ball busting complaints of his laziness on this board about his guitar playing live, he responded to us with a much-welcomed kick in the balls starting with the SuperBowl performance, Atlanta, and the latest Rio show.
I knew he has it in him to actually play, and play well despite his age.
February 20th, 2006 10:56 PM
PeerQueer Yes to the pro-Ronnie posts!

He slacks off sometimes, but when he is so low in the mix I can't blame him for that.

Lately the guitars have been front and center, and both Ron and Keith appear to be responding with the increased burden of pulling off some more inspired playing.

While I was happy with Ronnie's Rio chops, it was Keith who really brought some charge to those chords - best Keith in some time!

I thought he shone brightest during that show - which is saying a lot, as they were all quite good.

Welcome back Keith - hope you decide to stick around for a spell!
February 20th, 2006 11:03 PM
voodoopug
quote:
PeerQueer wrote:
Yes to the pro-Ronnie posts!

He slacks off sometimes, but when he is so low in the mix I can't blame him for that.

Lately the guitars have been front and center, and both Ron and Keith appear to be responding with the increased burden of pulling off some more inspired playing.

While I was happy with Ronnie's Rio chops, it was Keith who really brought some charge to those chords - best Keith in some time!

I thought he shone brightest during that show - which is saying a lot, as they were all quite good.

Welcome back Keith - hope you decide to stick around for a spell!

When Ronnie has an "ON" night....he is out of this world
February 21st, 2006 08:01 AM
tumbling dice Ronnie was drinking a little champagne before the gig. I read in a Rio newspaper.After the concert ,he stay awake and just went to bed at 8;30 AM.
February 21st, 2006 08:18 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
tumbling dice wrote:
After the concert ,he stay awake and just went to bed at 8;30 AM.

thanks to the good coke of Rio!
[Edited by Jumacfly]
February 21st, 2006 08:54 AM
gotdablouse
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
Listen to Ronnie playing in Atlanta:

http://s64.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2Z35CIL8QLQGQ0UV54JI5XSGJZ
[Edited by Jumping Jack]

Wow that's bad, sounds like he's hearing the song for the fist time, are you serious ?!
February 21st, 2006 09:01 AM
Jumping Jack Lucky you. Stay home and save your money for Macca who plays it just like on the CD.
February 21st, 2006 09:26 AM
nanatod "Wow that's bad, sounds like he's hearing the song for the fist time, are you serious ?!"

IMO you are missing the point behind live performance. If you want to hear "perfection" listen to studio CD's where an engineer can mix and remix notes until a band gets the exact sound it wants.

I prefer live performance. The whole purpose of live performance is to interact with an audience. The audience gets a reasonable facsimile of the studio sound, but more importantly, they get the adrenaline rush that comes from seeing the musicians artistry, charisma, and showmanship right in front of their eyes and ears.

For example, when you see Bob Dylan live, the audience is playing "Name That Tune," as Bob changes tempos (and maybe chords) from that of the studio version for each and every song he plays live.

"Bad" or "sloppy" live playing is often endearing because it shows that the musicians are human, not machines.
[Edited by nanatod]
February 21st, 2006 10:10 AM
HardKnoxDurtySox
quote:
PeerQueer wrote:

Exactly. I havn't heard Atlanta or Rio yet but his guitar was so loud at the Super Bowl that he had no choice but to concentrate on what he was doing. And he did, delivering a great performance. Obviously the guy has had his problems with the bottle, but I tend to agree that it's easy to get lazy if all you hear are vocals, drums, and Chuck Leavell.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)