ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

©
Madafaka Click the image to enlarge it
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Stones Riddle Return to archive
February 19th, 2006 10:30 PM
Woody I was given a tape years ago...not likely an actual stones album..but a collection of their songs..it started with "LADIES AND GENTLEMEN>>>>WOULD YOU WELCOME PLEASE>>>THE ROLLING STONES!!!!!!!! Then it went into a song that started with an insane guitar riff....maybe "can't you hear me knockin"....anybodywith any thoughts on what song it might have been and where I can score the same tune with the introduction? thanks for your help...Woody
February 19th, 2006 10:33 PM
Altamont Nevermind, I thought it was the Still Life record but it's not.
[Edited by Altamont]
February 19th, 2006 10:53 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Woody wrote:
I was given a tape years ago...not likely an actual stones album..but a collection of their songs..it started with "LADIES AND GENTLEMEN>>>>WOULD YOU WELCOME PLEASE>>>THE ROLLING STONES!!!!!!!! Then it went into a song that started with an insane guitar riff....maybe "can't you hear me knockin"....anybodywith any thoughts on what song it might have been and where I can score the same tune with the introduction? thanks for your help...Woody

do you have any of the lyrics...many here can probably recognize it by just a few words?
February 20th, 2006 01:17 AM
the good It sure sounds like still life to me. Was it live?
February 20th, 2006 01:30 AM
Paranoid_Android THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR WAITING NEW JERSEY...WOULD YOU PLEASE WELCOME...THE ROLLING STONES!!!

I was at the show...it's my favorite part of the album...because of the memories of the show ...and besides...the rest of the album is a total trainwreck!!!

The song that opens is UNDER MY THUMB (there's a woman...who once had me down)
February 20th, 2006 02:17 AM
Altamont Well, my original thought was Still Life but when I listened to it, it didn't match up to the topic description. Anyway, I'm glad I listened to Still Life again. What a fucking opening! Under My Thumb in 81 was excellent
February 20th, 2006 03:22 PM
gimmekeef If you want pandemonium at the start...try their first official live album..Got Live If You Want It....Guy screams out..Its all about to happen The Fantastic Rolling Stones.....great stuff.....
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)