ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

©
Madafaka Click the image to enlarge it
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Both shows in Argentina to be broadcast live on webradio!! Return to archive Page: 1 2
February 17th, 2006 05:25 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Thanks to Estela and all the fine people at Banquete de Pordioseros ( http://rocksoff.org/foro ) it will be possible to listen the shows absolutely live on the webradio

It's Radio Spika http://www.radiouno.com.ar/ there click the icon "RADIO ON LINE" or go directly here http://www.radiospika.com/vivo/envivoSpika.php

The Radio station is owned by the local Promotor DG, the show will cut some songs

[Edited by VoodooChileInWOnderl]
February 17th, 2006 05:26 PM
pdog Do you think it will come through in good quality?
February 17th, 2006 05:30 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl yes, take a listen right now clicking HERE
February 17th, 2006 05:32 PM
pdog
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
yes, take a listen right now clicking HERE

So I need not ask the obvious... All I can say is YAY!!!
February 17th, 2006 05:53 PM
Tom So fucking great!! THANK YOU
February 17th, 2006 06:28 PM
Soldatti The second show will be on national TV too.
February 18th, 2006 12:29 PM
Paranoid_Android So...will folks be able to download this in full on 5.1 or at least stereo?
February 18th, 2006 01:13 PM
charlotte thanks big G!!!!!! you have central/south america covered!!! as always!!

great timing...I just heard the stones promo!
[Edited by charlotte]
February 19th, 2006 10:41 AM
Madafaka Some hosts radio speaks over the songs, but it could be a great to listen live.
Maybe not a great bootleg. Do you know what I mean?
February 21st, 2006 10:08 AM
deuce About what time will this air in the EST zone
February 21st, 2006 10:35 AM
Gazza 1) what time is tonight's show due to start?

2) Please torrent these recordings if theyre on ordinary radio in Argentina (and the video of the TV broadcast too!)
February 21st, 2006 10:53 AM
Soldatti Tonight's show starts at 21:30 local time. I'm leaving in three hours.
February 21st, 2006 11:23 AM
Gazza have fun, mate

you've all waited a long time and deserve great shows

bring your tape recorders!!
February 21st, 2006 12:06 PM
Soldatti Thanks Gazza. We've had an amazing party last night with many friends from Argentina and guests from around the world(pics later)

Many people is on the stadium right now, it's a very hot day BTW

2 hours ago

February 21st, 2006 08:17 PM
gotdablouse Tried to tune in on that radio, looks like there might be some server overload, been buffering for 2mn...
February 21st, 2006 10:44 PM
J.J.Flash
quote:
Gazza wrote:
have fun, mate

you've all waited a long time and deserve great shows

bring your tape recorders!!

Been lurkin' and couldn't forget to wish the same as Gazza. You deserve hermanos. Have fun Soldatti, you rock!
February 22nd, 2006 12:29 PM
jb Why do they insist on giving away another freebee? South America really owes the Stones a lot....they give 878,212 a free show, then this....Yet, U2 sells over 1 million in S. America/Mexico ...and no freebee's, but Bono showing up with Prez.
[Edited by jb]
February 22nd, 2006 12:32 PM
jb
quote:
Soldatti wrote:
Thanks Gazza. We've had an amazing party last night with many friends from Argentina and guests from around the world(pics later)

Many people is on the stadium right now, it's a very hot day BTW

2 hours ago

Any sex going on?
February 22nd, 2006 01:06 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:
Why do they insist on giving away another freebee? South America really owes the Stones a lot....they give 878,212 a free show, then this....Yet, U2 sells over 1 million in S. America/Mexico ...and no freebee's, but Bono showing up with Prez.
[Edited by jb]

Sadly, the market/money is not there to sell the tickets at the high prices that should be commanded, so the show is then broadcast by stations in exchange for a fee (brilliant Cohl marketing!!) The fans in S.A. are regarded by many (myself included) to be the best fans as far as participation/excitement (no "salt lake incident" here).

Regretfully, U2 can still obtain income suitable to their goals without selling broadcast rights, or giving free shows in exchange for large sponsorship revenue.
February 22nd, 2006 01:10 PM
jb ABB still not gold domestically
February 22nd, 2006 01:15 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:
ABB still not gold domestically

The release and subsequent large post christmas returns of "Rarities" has soured many new fans, as a new "starbucks" market was reached and immediately alienated with a poor release.

I hope this goes gold before June, otherwise I will be disappointed.

February 22nd, 2006 01:42 PM
jb 490k at last count
February 22nd, 2006 02:27 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:
490k at last count

It will be very difficult for me to explain to my son why I enjoy listening to a band so much, yet their best release in several years cannot go gold domestically. He will probably be very disappointed in me and will inform my youngest son once he is old enough to understand!
February 22nd, 2006 02:40 PM
Break The Spell
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

It will be very difficult for me to explain to my son why I enjoy listening to a band so much, yet their best release in several years cannot go gold domestically. He will probably be very disappointed in me and will inform my youngest son once he is old enough to understand!

Sadly, its still not 500k just yet, maybe if they would have gone the sell-out route and had slick videos, back-up dancers, guest rappers and pseudo-intelluctual / political rants at concerts they'd be platinum plus by now. If it don't appeal to people's short attention span it seems, they won't buy it no matter how good the music is.
[Edited by Break The Spell]
February 22nd, 2006 02:47 PM
jb My prediction is it will not hit gold until late summer....and never reach platinum until perhaps 2027.
February 22nd, 2006 02:51 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:
My prediction is it will not hit gold until late summer....and never reach platinum until perhaps 2027.

when it was repackaged with the bonus DVD did that count for two sales as it is a double disc (special edition?)

Perhaps if this is packaged with "Jump Back" or 40 Licks as a two disc special, we can increase sales at a more acceptable pace.
February 22nd, 2006 02:58 PM
Break The Spell Didn't they already certify it platinum, even though it hasn't sold a million yet?? Usually they certify it by how many they ship.
February 22nd, 2006 03:55 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Break The Spell wrote:
Didn't they already certify it platinum, even though it hasn't sold a million yet?? Usually they certify it by how many they ship.

perhaps internationally, but I would be shocked to see it platinum in the US already, if it is...than Young Jake is better than even I thought and making the numbers come out right!
February 22nd, 2006 04:05 PM
Break The Spell
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

perhaps internationally, but I would be shocked to see it platinum in the US already, if it is...than Young Jake is better than even I thought and making the numbers come out right!

Yes he is!! I know some albums have multi-platinum certifications even though they've sold nowhere near what their certified as. It has something to do with how many are shipped and not just sold.
February 22nd, 2006 04:47 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Break The Spell wrote:

Yes he is!! I know some albums have multi-platinum certifications even though they've sold nowhere near what their certified as. It has something to do with how many are shipped and not just sold.

all hail young jake
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)