ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

©
Madafaka Click the image to enlarge it
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Coliseo de Puerto Rico, San Juan de Puerto Rico - February 11, 2006 setlist, pix and reviews Return to archive Page: 1 2
February 12th, 2006 04:23 PM
jostorm I'm with the knight(even if he's into lard-asses) : the jacket is simply ghastly!
Mick: it has to go....sorry...but if we don't tell you, that androgynous coathanger of a girlfriend of yours sure ain't gonna say a word....("ooooohhh.....but Mick, gold is the new blaaaaack"....)

What gets at me is the bloody PR newspaper, that plasters a photograph of the ageing boys with the caption "Alternative for the Third Age(the old fogeys..)" above that refers to some Open University thingy for retired people....how very original!

cheeky buggers, I'm getting a bit tired of the constant reminder they aren't 20 anymore, and I would hate to know how ad nauseam pissed off the Stones must be....
February 12th, 2006 05:34 PM
monkeyman62 well at least we now know mick is not wearing a wig, lets
put that to rest
February 12th, 2006 05:38 PM
monkeyman62
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Yeah, well, when E wore the gold suit it was considered wild and flashy....50 YEARS AGO. NOW, however, it's just silly and cheesey.

you could say the same about hugh hefner, if its good enough for him its good enough for mick, hefner has about twenty years on mick and he still tries to act young so whats the problem
February 12th, 2006 07:33 PM
lotsajizz yeah...news flash, old people have sex

and they sometimes even like it

friggin' 20-something know nuthin's!!!

February 12th, 2006 08:06 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Some more now by David Villafañe

February 12th, 2006 11:17 PM
CraigP That jacket makes me wanna spew (vomit).
February 13th, 2006 05:46 AM
corgi37 Old people have sex??? Get the fuck outta here! Old people only good for Soylent Green.
February 13th, 2006 08:59 PM
khalil78 Nice pics and incredible setlist!!!
If they do it in BA, I can die that night!!!!
February 13th, 2006 09:56 PM
speedfreakjive A truly apalling jacket.

Good setlist though, hehe
February 15th, 2006 04:22 PM
luxury1 If Mick only realized what an old gay fart he looks like in that jacket.....
L'Wren must have a hand in this--to keep the young groupies at bay I suspect. And he trusts her......better wise up, front man. SHe's got you out there like Liberace.
February 16th, 2006 11:53 AM
jb My sources called me at Boca Community Hospital after Brooke was born, and informed me, that incredibly, the audience seemed bored and lackluster when the Stones came on, compared to the dancing in the ailes and great enthusiasm for the opening act-apparently a favorite in Puerto Rico. Can someone confirm or deny this as my source was there, and claimed it was very disappointing . Where we humiliated by the great Common Wealth of PR?

February 16th, 2006 11:55 AM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:
My sources called me at Boca Community Hospital after Brooke was born, and informed me, that incredibly, the audience seemed bored and lackluster when the Stones came on, compared to the dancing in the ailes and great enthusiasm for the opening act-apparently a favorite in Puerto Rico. Can someone confirm or deny this as my source was there, and claimed it was very disappointing . Where we humiliated by the great Common Wealth of PR?

have seen that traditionally when the stones play a market that they rarely visit, war horses is what you get. Chuck made mention of this with regards to the Calgary show earlier this year in his diary. Boston, NYC, Chicago, and LA generally get a lot more variety as they have played these cities far more than most others in the last twenty years (Philly may be up there too, but not as much as the big four stones towns as judged by amount of shows).

I also received late word that the P.R. crowd was much more impressed with the opening act than the stones themselves. Sadly, this may mark the last time the band ever performs there as they surely do not like to be upstaged (see Jake Cohl and his fantastic Virtual Ticket, which shall not be upstaged. Mick sees this, and I am told he sees Jake as almost like another son!)
February 16th, 2006 02:21 PM
jb You Sir, are absolutely correct!!!! Keeping people informed even when we are fced with neo/post-natal issues!!!!!
[Edited by jb]
February 16th, 2006 02:34 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:
You Sir, are absolutely correct!!!! Keeping people informed even when we are fced with neo/post-natal issues!!!!!
[Edited by jb]

we are truly "Jake Cohl'esque"
February 18th, 2006 05:40 PM
Rambler Just for effects of the record and as someone who knows spanish.....endi.com covered the show all the way through,created a site with stones trivia,etc,gave reports on everything including Mick's outing the night before at the yo rican pub in san juan.His salsa dancing that night,etc.lol
After the show,the press rightfully portrayed them as everthing from "immortals" to anything else you can think of.
Endi.com also has an extensive forum on many topics and one of the threads that is still there is about the Stones show.
There isn't a single message there that has anyone saying that the show there wasn't the best thing they had ever witnessed.
From a friend of mine who assisted I got the info that some people were just a bit put off by the fact that they had to wait over an hour from one act to the other.
As usual the Stones were terrific and a lot of people on the island enjoyed the show to it's fullest.Many hope the stones will return.
Just wanted to clear up the misconception or assumption that show somehow wasn't appreciated.:-)
February 20th, 2006 12:21 PM
jb
quote:
Rambler wrote:
Just for effects of the record and as someone who knows spanish.....endi.com covered the show all the way through,created a site with stones trivia,etc,gave reports on everything including Mick's outing the night before at the yo rican pub in san juan.His salsa dancing that night,etc.lol
After the show,the press rightfully portrayed them as everthing from "immortals" to anything else you can think of.
Endi.com also has an extensive forum on many topics and one of the threads that is still there is about the Stones show.
There isn't a single message there that has anyone saying that the show there wasn't the best thing they had ever witnessed.
From a friend of mine who assisted I got the info that some people were just a bit put off by the fact that they had to wait over an hour from one act to the other.
As usual the Stones were terrific and a lot of people on the island enjoyed the show to it's fullest.Many hope the stones will return.
Just wanted to clear up the misconception or assumption that show somehow wasn't appreciated.:-)

Muchas gracias senor....we are alwasy pleased to be wrong if it means the Stones are held in higher esteem. God bless and may Christ bless you and yours, Pug and family, and the great Commonwealth of PR!!!!
February 20th, 2006 08:59 PM
Rambler LOL...many are saying that it's the best concert the island has ever seen and also they are thankful the stones concert proved that major events can take place there as opposed to the past.;-)
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)