ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© Francesco Scavullo
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: jiving sister fanny Return to archive
02-16-04 06:05 PM
mac_daddy while we are tracking down the skinny on some old tunes, this one popped into my mind...

how many different versions of this are there (I know of a few), and where would one find them..?

TIA
02-16-04 07:14 PM
jpenn11 From Nico Zentgraf's site:

17th April - 2nd July: London, Olympic Sound Studios.
- Jiving Sister Fanny I (MJ/KR) -Nicky Hopkins on piano, unknowns on brass; early mix of III
- Jiving Sister Fanny II (MJ/KR) -Nicky Hopkins on piano, unknowns on brass; 'Black Box'-version with female vocals, unverified
- Jiving Sister Fanny III (MJ/KR) - Nicky Hopkins on piano, unknowns on brass; Metamorphosis-version

A version of Jiving Sister Fanny also appears on Trident Mixes and Hillside Blues (not sure which version though).
02-16-04 08:16 PM
corgi37 I absolutley adore this song. Top MT solo too!
02-17-04 03:49 PM
glencar That song "Family" is sick & I've heard a couple of different versions of it.
02-17-04 04:13 PM
Joey " That song "Family" is sick & I've heard a couple of different versions of it. "

Paging Dr. Warren Kruger .................

02-19-04 12:06 AM
Zack Jiving Sister Fanny sounds just like the Faces. I think the version on Hillside Blues is the same as on Metamorphosis and the Singles collection. Love MT's work on it.

BEST VIEWED HIGH