ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© Francesco Scavullo
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: What have you been listening to lately Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
02-19-04 03:26 PM
gypsy I've been listening to "Moonlight Mile" a lot lately...one of those cycles where I keep hitting the 'repeat' button on the car CD player over and over. I may be missing Joey...I can't explain it.
02-19-04 03:32 PM
Joey " I may be missing Joey...I can't explain it. "

I can't Explain ?!?!

I CAN'T EXPLAIN ?!?!?!

Then please ................Explain THIS :

" Pete announces 2004 -2005 plans for the Who!

16 Feb 2004 - Rumors of imminent US Tour announcement surface!!
Australian Radio claiming a visit due, as well as Japan, All RUMORS so far ... stay tuned "

www.kathyszaksite.com

02-19-04 03:39 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
Factory Girl wrote:
I am Angiegirl's biggest fan. I'd love to hear your thoughts on Mad Season &AIC.

. Aren't they amazing? I remember being in our (at that time) favourite bar in '93 or '94 or something and they played 'No Excuses' by AIC. I went to the DJ and asked him for the name and artist of that song. When he told me I had heard of AIC but didn't know their work, so I went out next Monday to buy the cd. I've played it over and over, just great!

Later on, in '95, we were in that bar again and that guy came up to me and asked me if I had heard the new Mad Season album yet. I was like 'Mad what?'. So he told me about this side project and he played 'I'm above'. I was sold again and the trip to the cd store was made again. That Mad Season album has become very special to me, maybe even more than the AIC works, as I could find comfort in the great lyrics. Amazing album. I've played it less often these last few years, but still tend to find them in my collection.

Last week I took all of 'em out again and played them again, which was great. It sounds a bit dated now, their music, but that makes it only more special and brings a smile to my face when I hear it, even 'Wake Up' .

Hope this helps FG?

Edit: btw, too bad Layne Staley is gone tho, makes the albums more exciting knowing no new albums will ever come out!

[Edited by Angiegirl]
02-19-04 03:54 PM
Factory Girl Thanks for your thoughts, Angiegirl. I saw AIC in 1990 when they opened for Iggy PoP (in a biker bar in Baltimore, MD).

If you like Mad Season, may I recommend video Mad Season Live At the Moore. You'll see Mike McCready play double-neck guitar (like Pagey)-very cool! You can get it through tower.com. I think you'll enjoy it a lot!
02-19-04 03:55 PM
Angiegirl Thanx Factory Girl, that sounds great indeed!
02-19-04 05:04 PM
scratched Derek and Clive.
02-19-04 05:27 PM
quackenbush The Rolling Stones--Forty Licks (I don't Know whY)
Speakerboxx--The Love Below-----Outkast
Page: 1 2 3

BEST VIEWED HIGH