ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© Francesco Scavullo
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: What have you been listening to lately Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
02-17-04 09:56 AM
Joey

Actually , been watching some DVD's I just got in :
( tis 's the season for THE WHO whilst the STONES Rest )

WHO Chicago '79 ( Chicago Amphitheatre )

WHO Camden '02 ( Pro - Shot )

WHO Essen '81 ( Rockpalast Pro - Shot )

WHO Albany '96 ( Quadrophenia Tour -- Pro Shot )

WHO MSG '00 ( Pro - Shot )

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm ! Tasty WHO HEAVEN !!!!!

" The Kid will live and learn Ronnie ! "

Jacky T.

02-17-04 11:39 AM
Nasty Habits Lord Kitchener
U Roy
Jack Blanchard & Misty Morgan
Simply Saucer
Black Limousine from the Stripped Companion (genius)
Swamp Dogg -- Gag a Maggot/Cuffed Collared and Tagged
Cubop --- Art Blakey and His Jazz Messengers with Sabu and a Bongo
Al Green - I Can't Stop
The Dial Story -- Ace Double CD
Gladys Knight and the Pips -- Greatest Hits (Motown)
Ernie K Doe (50s/60s Recordings)
Them Dirty Blues Box Set on the Jass Label

But mostly I've been listening to:

THE GROUNDHOGS -- SPLIT

Nice signature, Throbby!

[Edited by Nasty Habits]
02-17-04 05:06 PM
Riff-Hard-Fan Hi! I've been listening to and watching the Four Flicks, it's awesome! Keith is amazing isn't he? On the Paris concert they did Stray Cat Blues It was unreal. And on the extras the Soloman "Rev" Burke it was great and the interview with Keith was even better (and better looking) hahahhaha WE LOVE YOU KEEF! KEEP ROCKIN!!!!!!
02-17-04 05:32 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Riff-Hard-Fan wrote:
Hi! I've been listening to and watching the Four Flicks, it's awesome! Keith is amazing isn't he?

Yeah, he is. Mick would have been just another face in the crowd without him.
02-17-04 05:36 PM
glencar Nah, Mick was bound for glory in any case.
02-17-04 05:47 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
glencar wrote:
Nah, Mick was bound for glory in any case.

Well, that's probably true. In something. I mean it's been said a million times but a band is greater than the sum of its parts. But Mick solo just sucks, comparatively speaking.
02-17-04 11:04 PM
John Wood Listening to Detroit 02 right now! It really rocks what a great show, maybe the best stadium of the Licks tour? Listen to Ronnie's solo's on Undercover, YCAGWYW, CYHMK. WOW!
02-17-04 11:54 PM
Riff-Hard-Fan Been listening to the song The Worst by Keith.... If hes the worst kinda guy then the worst is the best. If anyone agrees say Amen!
02-18-04 01:06 AM
Angiegirl Alice in Chains, Mad Season, Air, Jeff Buckley, Placebo, Stereophonics, The Cure, Janis Joplin, Stones outtakes 70-78 (just felt like spinnin' these boots that I don't play enough), Cream, Eleven, Tool, Suzanne Vega. That's what's been lying around here these last few days.
02-18-04 02:09 AM
Taptrick *Zip-Mouth Angel - nice boot I ran across
*Taj Mahal Live 1971 at the Filmore East
*Roger daltrey - After The Fire
....and been looking for a solo album by Nick Mason (Mason & Fenn) with no luck

02-18-04 06:01 AM
Ronnie B. Wood Rolling Stones recording session in the chess studios, Chicago... great album...

how can you listen Red Hot Chili Peppers?
I dont understand people, how can you listen modern music... It's very bad.. it's sad but it's true...
02-18-04 07:28 AM
scratched Not everyone thinks that way Ronnie! There's some good modern music around if you open your ears to it! There is some crap floating around the airwaves but there always has been. Some of the modern music mentioned in this thread is worth a listen. I'm listening to the Roots, Air, DJ Shadow, Dr John, Sly & The Family, The Stones (as always), Mars Volta, Outkast etc. A mixture of old and new!
02-18-04 07:43 AM
Angiegirl What a load of bull Ronnie...
What Scratched said. There has always been good and bad music and always people who like different kinds of music. Thank God, imagine we all liking one and the same beat, come on! There's loads of GREAT modern music, maybe you just need a decent radio station (KinkFM rules )!
02-18-04 07:50 AM
Zeeta Undercover!
12" Version of Miss You.
The Libertines
Bob Dylan, Desire
Playgroup

Incidentaly The Strokes suck - all I wanna say is that in a few years people will regret ever liking them esp their shitty 2nd album. I sincerly cannot listen without laughing at their conceited, baby music crap - melody like a nursery ryhme! REAL TURD! Yeah they look good, but boy the sound shit and that's what it's all about to me.

Charles and Eddie - would I lie to you (long version) [tounge firmly in cheek] but what a great pop song!
AC/DC - Highway to Hell, I hadn't listened for a while and remembered how GOOD it is! their best IMO
Iggy Pop and The Stooges Raw Power - I only can listen to this BEFORE I go out, otherwise I would be SO hyped and never sleep!

02-18-04 07:57 AM
scratched
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:
Thank God, imagine we all liking one and the same beat...

I like your style! Take note Ronnie...
02-18-04 08:32 AM
justforyou Listening to the Werchter '03 show, that second source is awesome... IORR, Sympathy, Before they make me Run, Respectable - amazing! Get it so it can get you....
02-18-04 11:37 AM
hotlicks
Meat Puppets - 2
Four Tet - Rounds
Husker Du - Zen Arcade
Sigur Rus - Agaetis Byrjun
Gang of Four - Entertainment
Franz Ferdinand - Franz Ferdinand
The Minutemen - Double Nickels on the dime
Dinosaur Jnr. - You're living all over me
Johnny Cash - San quentin
My Morning Jacket - It still moves
The Gun Club - Fire of love
Mark Lanegan - Whiskey for the holy ghost
Queens of the Stone age - Songs for the deaf
Willard grant conspiracy - Regard the end
Sonic Youth - Sister
The Complete Stax/Volt singles
The Rolling Stones - Everything!

02-18-04 12:08 PM
Highwire Rob Greatest Hits of Counting Crows & Sheryl Crowe (A bit of a theme there

The first one's already one of my favorite greatest hits. They're excellent musicians... I hope I get a chance to see them in concert. I really dig the "Einstein on the Beach" song which had been hard to find before this CD.

--Rob.
02-18-04 01:56 PM
Angiegirl Counting Crows are amazingly good live, they tend to re-arrange their songs for live playing and that's done by the best musicians imo. I've seen them 3 times so far, all fantastic.
02-18-04 11:15 PM
BILL PERKS FOUR FLICKS
HOWARD STERN-GILBERT GOTTFRIED COMPLETE WORKS
SLAVE (REMASTERED)
MELLENCAMP-TROUBLE NO MORE
GEORGE MICHAEL-OLDER
02-19-04 12:42 AM
Trey Krimsin Speakerboxx/The Love Below - Outkast
Talking Book - Stevie Wonder
The Very Best of Linda Ronstadt
A Crow Left of The Murder.... - Incubus
It's Only Rock 'n' Roll - The Rolling Stones
The Duke-Wake Forest radio broadcast (GO DEACS!)
02-19-04 01:07 AM
FPM C10 Stones: Stripped and Bridges To Babylon.
Dylan: Another Side of Bob Dylan and Oh Mercy.
Jimmy Rogers The Singing Brakeman: Greatest Hits
White Stripes: White Blood Cells
Steve Earle: Train A'Comin'
Van Morrison's new one
02-19-04 01:29 AM
mac_daddy train a comin is excellent!!!

great call.
02-19-04 01:49 AM
FPM C10
quote:
mac_daddy wrote:
train a comin is excellent!!!

great call.

That album KILLS me. Just pure brilliance - the songwriting is so strong and pure. Like "Sometimes She Forgets" - he was obviously dared to write the best crying-in-yer-beer country western song EVER, and did it with a minimum of muss & fuss. And "Ben McCullough" is the greatest civil war song ever written (well, I haven't heard what Jack White wrote for "Cold Mountain" yet). But by far the gem of that album is "Goodbye" - he did that when I saw him on the "Transcendental Blues" tour, and people were weeping. I know because I was one of them.
02-19-04 07:57 AM
Factory Girl I am Angiegirl's biggest fan. I'd love to hear your thoughts on Mad Season &AIC.

FPM, are you coming to DC for his Bobness on 4/3?
02-19-04 08:01 AM
Factory Girl Zeeta, I don't like the Strokes' 2nd album. But, I thought they were great live when I saw them open for the Stones.

Plus, I have tix to see the Strokes on 3/9!

Zeeta, did you see them live recently? I need your opinion.

02-19-04 08:11 AM
Zeeta Nah I don't like them enought to go and see them live. Sorry!
I have tix for the Libertines tho! although i saw the NME awards last night and they seemed fairly arragant but still like em.
02-19-04 08:41 AM
Honky Tonk Man Factory Girl, you don't need Zeeta's opinion! I have seen them live and I'm TELLING you, it will be great!

Zeeta, the Libs are absolutely awesome live! Full of energy. Your lucky, you are getting to see them with Pete Doherty, I had to put up with some reserve guitarist! Are you going to the latest show they added? I was almost going to get tickets for that, but was unsure of my money situation. Ahhhh, doesn't matter TOO much, have the Who next month and the Yeah Yeah Yeahs the month after!

Alex
02-19-04 08:51 AM
Zeeta
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:
Factory Girl, you don't need Zeeta's opinion! I have seen them live and I'm TELLING you, it will be great!

Zeeta, the Libs are absolutely awesome live! Full of energy. Your lucky, you are getting to see them with Pete Doherty, I had to put up with some reserve guitarist! Are you going to the latest show they added? I was almost going to get tickets for that, but was unsure of my money situation. Ahhhh, doesn't matter TOO much, have the Who next month and the Yeah Yeah Yeahs the month after!

Alex

yeah mate it will be the latest date they've added - Sunday i believe which should be interesting. Who (pun!>?) is playing the who's bass and drums these days?

Did you know that Roger is alamost blind in one eye because Gary Glitter whacked his with his microphone?!!? True! Roger said he'd have knocked him out if only he'd known he was a
paedofile back then.

YYY's would be a riot live - I'll see if I can get tix!

02-19-04 03:20 PM
FPM C10
quote:
Factory Girl wrote:

FPM, are you coming to DC for his Bobness on 4/3?

Highly doubtful, Princess. Are you going?

I am more tempted by the Tower Theater show he just added 3/29, but may miss that too.
Page: 1 2 3

BEST VIEWED HIGH