ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© Francesco Scavullo
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Should i be worried? Return to archive
02-15-04 02:34 PM
marko
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/afp/20040211/en_afp/finland_it_internet_040211195603

Its a news,about a finish guy near me,being arrested trading
bootlegs,by using his internet pages.
If i remember correctly,,,,he also sold them.Thats what was
here on papers.
02-15-04 02:42 PM
Soul Survivor couldnt they bust anyone that has ever traded a bootleg?
02-15-04 02:44 PM
marko Thats what i was thinking.....thats a LONG ROAD,also,IF,
they want bootlegging to stop,,,,,internet must be closed.
Every PKG opened etc....impossible.
02-15-04 02:48 PM
Soul Survivor exactly. so i would say your pretty safe
02-15-04 02:59 PM
steel driving hammer Brother, with the collection as large as yours and the many long years you spent collecting Stones, you should be concerned.

But you don't sell them, only trade and give as gifts, but still you have a goldmine of Stones that should be locked away from the police and the self assurance that your collection is safe and sure.

If Keith knew what you have, he'd not turn you in but maybe buy you a drink.

I don't think I could live if they took away all my Stones.
02-15-04 03:05 PM
Angiegirl Still, if I read the article, it could be me they're talking about, or any of us. Hmmm... I'm offering my tradelist on my website too .
02-15-04 03:09 PM
steel driving hammer Words Of Wonder...............................

02-15-04 03:40 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:
Still, if I read the article, it could be me they're talking about, or any of us. Hmmm... I'm offering my tradelist on my website too .

Maybe you better remove the list.
02-15-04 06:28 PM
mac_daddy I sent that article to Marko this morning...

two things that made my eyes pop out...

1 - the suggestion that the penalty would be stiffer if the cat was doing the taping... yikes!

2 - nowhere in the article does it say this cat sold anything. it just says he traded...

granted, I don't live in Finland, but still...

in any US Post Office, you will see a sign that says something to the effect that all media mail is subject to search...

don't know what the policy is in the Netherlands, Angiegirl (which is where you reside, correct..?), but this is one of the reasons that IF I had a list, I would certainly keep it private...
02-16-04 07:09 PM
mac_daddy the more I think about this, this cat should definitely fight this...

first of all - only two bands acts listed in the article are anti-trading: Alanis and Madonna (both on the latter's Maverick label). I know the Cure allows trading, and HIM has trade links on their official website...

apparently the "detailed info" up on the accused's website included his home address, which probably isn't the greatest idea (for a whole host of reasons)...

if they are going to do this sh*t to anybody, they should troll ebay, and do this kind of heavy-handed stuff to the dill-holes that SELL boots on ebay, not simple traders...

but it looks like the time when it was mellow to have a list up on the web has definitely come and gone...

[Edited by mac_daddy]
02-17-04 04:03 PM
glencar This guy traded Alanis Morrisette stuff? Prison will be painful.
02-17-04 04:35 PM
Joey " This guy traded Alanis Morrisette stuff? Prison will be painful. "

You make Joey smile
02-17-04 04:37 PM
glencar What I'm here 4.
02-18-04 06:06 AM
Ronnie B. Wood marko, where are you from, im asking you beacuse you have Balkanian name, i am from Serbia, and maybe you are near, and we could change some boots...
02-18-04 07:45 AM
Angiegirl Marko is from Finland Ronnie, you could walk over there from Serbia ...

BEST VIEWED HIGH