ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© Francesco Scavullo
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: No Security Soundboards Return to archive
02-15-04 01:31 PM
Phog Does anyone here know the quality of the Anahiem and San Jose soundboards? Are they really soundboards, and if they are, are they flawed like the Philly '99 show? A friend of mine is considering buying these shows and wanted my opinion of their sound. I've only heard them in audience quality. Thanks for helping.
02-15-04 02:38 PM
marko Anaheim is nice sbd,but still mono.San Jose is actually
audience recording,a VERY nice one.
02-15-04 06:41 PM
Phog Thanks, Marko. I'll forward that information along.
02-16-04 01:55 AM
T&A There are NO soundboards from the tour. Anaheim and Philly are ALD's and bad ones at that - they are both virtually absent of Keith's gtr channel. They should be avoided.

The San Jose (4/20 - last US show of the tour) is actually sourced from a wireless connection. It is NOT an audience as an above poster suggests. I circulated this one and know the person who provided the source. It has drop-outs on several songs and has a very (too) prominent low end which can be adjusted with EQ. When it's good it's versy enjoyable - the whole b-stage is killer.

The best overall source from '99 is the Stuttgart ALD. Some say this is an audience -and that's just not true. It has very clean stereo separation - and it's a first-rate show.
02-16-04 02:05 AM
marko Sorry to say,but there are more sources than you think.
My San Jose,both days are audience recordings.
1st VG+,with a hiss
2nd EX aud.
period.
02-16-04 02:13 AM
T&A true - I have multiple sources of both SJ shows - but I definitely have a "non audience" source - are you saying you don't think I do? It's referred to as a soundboard - it's not...like I said it was rccorded off of an in-house signal. I circulated this to several Stones boards a couple of years ago after a bootleg group opted against it due to several drop-outs present.
02-16-04 02:58 AM
marko OH ok,,interesting.....is it worth of getting,i have very
good EQ.
02-16-04 04:54 AM
Jumacfly Phog you got PM!!
02-16-04 12:28 PM
T&A marko:

yeah, until the Stuttgart showed up I thought it was the best recording from the tour (with the Oakland opener and the Toronto audiences vying for second). It's got some surface (signal) noise, but I love the Some Girls, Moonlight Mile, and the b-stage - absolutely killer GOOMC and MR...
02-16-04 06:31 PM
Gazza >The best overall source from '99 is the Stuttgart ALD. Some say this is an audience -and that's just not true. It has very clean stereo separation - and it's a first-rate show.

better sound quality than Wembley 11.6.99?? if so, it must be amazing. I presume this is a relatively newly circulated version of Stuttgart?
02-17-04 12:53 AM
T&A Wembley never impressed me that much....kind of a lame show - it was clear they needed to end the tour. The recording is nice, though. I would rate Stuttgart higher in both sound and performance (by far). one of the best recordings/performances of the nineties. yes, I think it's a relatively new source - I got it about 4 months ago and hadn't heard squat about before...
02-17-04 12:26 PM
exilestones@netscape San Jose may be worth listening too since it was a great concert. Maybe there is some great songs in the mess? I'd love to have it. Anahiem is an Audio Listening Device and missing a guitar so to me it is worth less.

Wembley was technically a Babylon show. The tour laminates all changed back to Babylon. I didn't care for the Wembley show.
02-17-04 12:29 PM
exilestones@netscape
quote:
T&A wrote:
I would rate Stuttgart higher in both sound and performance (by far). one of the best recordings/performances of the nineties.

I'm not familar with Stuttagart. Is that a soundboard?
02-17-04 12:34 PM
exilestones@netscape "I would rate Stuttgart higher in both sound and performance (by far). one of the best recordings/performances of the nineties."

"SJ shows - but I definitely have a "non audience" source - are you saying you don't think I do? It's referred to as a soundboard - it's not...like I said it was rccorded off of an in-house signal. I circulated this to several Stones boards a couple of years ago after a bootleg group opted against it due to several drop-outs present."

Hi Todd,

I'd love to get San Jose and Stuttgart. Would you consider a trade or treeing these?

Thanks
02-18-04 07:44 AM
marko I need also better Stuttgart! I WAS THERE!Its the best 99
stadium show,,,,,,and best of the year,if you ask me.
02-18-04 07:51 AM
Angiegirl Yep, Stuttgart was the very best (and hottest) '99 Euro non-club show for sure. Amazingly almost immediately followed by the worst one: Groningen (aaaaaaaarrrrrrggghhhh, I am still undecided about which show being the worst: Groningen '99, Paris Stade '03 or Amsterdam 1 '03).
02-18-04 01:20 PM
glencar The Wembley '99 shows were rather dreary as far as the performances went. Ronnie could barely stand up.

BEST VIEWED HIGH