ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© Francesco Scavullo
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Exile book by Genesis publications Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
02-12-04 01:40 PM
SoulSurvivr Just wondering if anyone has (or has seen) this book by that Tarle guy. I believe Genesis stopped producing it and I'm trying to find a copy. Any help is appreciated - Thanks!
02-12-04 02:07 PM
mac_daddy good luck...

I am looking, too...

Throbby and I were just talking about this book in this thread...

here is a link to the book you are referring to - make sure you have a towel to soak up the drool

http://www.genesis-publications.com/books/exile/
02-12-04 02:38 PM
throbby Hey SoulSurvivr!

I was fortunate enough to get a copy of the book. It is simply stunning. Beautiful photos and interesting insights into the making of Exile. A great interview with Keith about the early days.
02-12-04 03:38 PM
SoulSurvivr I saw the book when it was 1st being sold through the Genesis website - but balked because it was overseas from me (I'm in the US) - BIG Mistake lol

Exiles the best thing they ever did (IMO) - theres alot of mystique surrounding the recording of that album. I just recently read Blown Away & the Sanchez book (for the 1st time in years) - both of which have lots of insight into the South of France period and got the bug for this time frame. So I then rolled out copies of the "Ladies & Gentlmen..." and "Cocksuker Blues" videos and watched them. Then I figured I'd look online for any leads on the Exile book. Theres a website that was dedicated to A.Pallenberg and it had lots of cool photos posted from Exile - but the webmaster took the photos down for some reason?

Anyways - I wished they vidotaped the Exile recordings ala Aerosmith's "The Making of Pump" - that would have been killer to have.
02-13-04 07:49 PM
throbby

Dominique Tarle
02-13-04 07:52 PM
glencar When was this book done? '97?
02-13-04 08:05 PM
throbby Hey glencar! 2001
02-13-04 08:06 PM
throbby
02-13-04 10:25 PM
throbby

"Exile", photo by Dominique Tarle
[Edited by throbby]
02-13-04 11:07 PM
exile I would also love a copy of this book....
02-13-04 11:58 PM
SoulSurvivr I know - me too. I saw one one Ebay last year and it was going for over 400 dollars. Thanks to whoever posted those pics. I've actually got a book from 1971-72 that has interviews, stories and actual sheet music and the book has lots of Tarle's photos in them. I'm still pissed I didn't buy the damn book when it was 1st published. I actually just emailed Genesis publications to see if its possible to obtain a copy of the book (or if there were any plans to issue a second print) - and they emailed me back saying it wouldn't happen. Whats out there - is out there.
02-14-04 01:24 AM
beer
quote:
SoulSurvivr wrote:
Theres a website that was dedicated to A.Pallenberg and it had lots of cool photos posted from Exile - but the webmaster took the photos down for some reason?

you might be talkin about Gypsys site. It is great!! it has exellent photos and tons of cool stuff ; but like you said, i think she took the exile pics down. unfortunately. still an excellent site tho. but i don't think gypsy likes me.
02-14-04 02:02 AM
gypsy beer, you know i like you! ugh!
anyways, i ran out of room for my pics...and the exile album had to come down. but all the pics are still saved to disc...i am working on a lot of huge projects right now...and plan to put them up as soon as possible. throbby, i would pay you for a couple of snapshots of anita p. if you are able. if not, don't worry about it.
god, i want that book so bad.
02-14-04 08:17 AM
throbby Hey Gypsy! Here are a couple of Anita.

"EXILE", photos by Dominique Tarle
[Edited by throbby]
02-14-04 12:16 PM
gypsy Thank you so much, Throbby! I love those! I've got the first one...and the second one, Voodoo scanned for me...but just the face, and that one that you did has the rest of her body/chest area. Thanks so much! I love finding Anita pics...they are so hard to find. I appreciate it!
02-14-04 02:58 PM
glencar Those were the days. Anita doesn't look like that anymore!
02-14-04 05:58 PM
gypsy Aaah! I love those pics! Throbby, I owe you! Thanks so much!
Glencar, Anita looks great considering what all she's been through. I find it refreshing that she hasn't gone and had a bunch of plastic surgery done...and we know she could have had she wanted to...Keith is very generous to her.
02-14-04 06:32 PM
mac_daddy sh*t Throbby, I am going to have to buy one of the cheap-o digicams just to keep my putland thread in contention

nice pics.

thanks again.
02-14-04 06:44 PM
glencar That's to her credit, gypsy. I saw her up close a couple of years ago. She looked somewhat fragile. Interesting clothing though.
02-14-04 06:55 PM
throbby
Dominique Tarle
02-14-04 07:50 PM
gypsy keep 'em coming, throbby. you are making my valentine's day.
i'm at work...and it has been unbelievably busy today! i've done 40 exams already in only nine hours...which is a lot for this hospital, which is usually VERY slow. it sure is making the day go by fast.
oh, and i wish i had a camera cellphone to take pics of all the frumpy housefraus in their valentine applique sweater vests.
02-14-04 08:00 PM
glencar Sounds like Anita's wardrobe!
02-14-04 08:04 PM
gypsy glencar, stop! ha! have you seen anita's clothing line? it's called 'burn' and is sold at a boutique in london called 'zoltar the magnificent,' that is also owned by dan macmillan (ex-boyfriend of jade jagger and kate moss...also good friend of marlon richards').
02-14-04 08:17 PM
glencar Nah, I haven't seen burn. I did see her wearing all black. She was interesting-looking. Somewhat spooky yet somewhat intriguing.
02-15-04 04:48 AM
Jacques I also got a copy. It's a GREAT book with a lot of excellent pics in Nellcote and around. Dominique Tarlé is an excellent photograph and a nice man.
02-15-04 08:25 AM
throbby
Dominique Tarle
02-15-04 09:27 AM
nankerphelge Those really are amazing shots -- all of them.

Yep, to be hangin' with the world's greatest rock & roll band, in Keith's French palace, in yer jammies for the most part apparently, everything in abundance, while they record their masterpiece.

Goddam!

02-15-04 11:15 AM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy More... more... more...

-tSYX --- Headin' for the overload...
02-15-04 11:35 AM
L&A I went to the exhibition of D.Tarle here in Brussels, but the book was already out of stock...
02-15-04 11:41 AM
L&A And btw, that was the ad for the exhibition (alreday posted before...)

Page: 1 2 3

BEST VIEWED HIGH