ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© Francesco Scavullo
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Movies I saw yesterday Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
02-09-04 01:13 AM
FPM C10
quote:
Joey wrote:
Lost in Translation is an abysmal flick that Murray walks through like he's there for a paycheck . Please don't see this putrid , turgid , turbid mess of a movie and thank me later .

WHY must you make the Old Monkey weep and shit liquid?! WHY??!WHY??!!WHY!!??

You may NOT touch my monkey, tonight or any other night!

Flacky!
02-09-04 08:39 AM
Nasty Habits
quote:
gypsy wrote:
Nasty, I thought it was so extremely boring...the dialogue...I never felt any kind of connection between the two characters...nothing...everything about it was so boring...I just wanted it to end (kind of like sex w/ Joey).
Now, what did you like about it?

Gypsy, I thought the karaoke scene almost excused the millions of hours wasted on that particular pastime.

And as a woman who recently entered into such a disastrous and tragic marriage as yours and Joey's, I would have thought you'd empathized with a character who realizes just how wrong a decision getting married can be. . .

And Joey, you may never touch any of my monkeys.

Don't monkey with some other monkey's monkey, as the song says . . .
[Edited by Nasty Habits]
02-09-04 09:56 AM
Joey " joey, don't you think Murray should do something about his acne scars? I bet joshy has a great dermatologist in Florida. "

Yes my Princess , those acne scars of his have been bothering me for two and a half decades now . Murray is NOT a leading man , never will be , and has no right to play one on the big screen .

Where is William Holden when you REALLY need him ?

Fleabit , I saw " Open Range " last evening and LOVED it !!!

Now THAT is a real " Man's Man Movie " !!!!!!!!! Not the best Western that I have ever seen , but light years ahead of that crap movie " Lost in Translation "

NINEA ABS SHAE MONKEE !!!!!!!!

Ninea !!!!

Jercee !

02-09-04 11:47 AM
telecaster gypsy I hated "Lost In Translation" and love dogs and I think Oklahoma is the 2nd best state behind Hawaii

What are my odds?
02-09-04 11:54 AM
Joey

Oh , I too love dogs .

" Anything you wana hear Ronnie ! "

Jercee Joe !
02-09-04 11:59 AM
telecaster You know who really, really loves dogs?

Maxlugar!

Man was that guy a great poster or what? What a use of the english language. Always fresh and crisp, direct, to the point. Insightful, cutting, always a kind word

Why did you run him off joey?

I made the transition and all I got was this lousy t-shirt
02-09-04 12:04 PM
Joey " You know who really, really loves dogs?

Maxlugar!

Man was that guy a great poster or what? What a use of the english language. Always fresh and crisp, direct, to the point. Insightful, cutting, always a kind word

Why did you run him off joey?

I made the transition and all I got was this lousy t-shirt "

When I first started posting , Maxy used to write like John Lennon wrote circa 1967 / 68 .

Now Maxy writes like John Lennon wrote circa 1975 .

Shiver ..............................................

Why ?!?! WHY ?!?!?!

Jacky McCartney !

02-09-04 02:23 PM
FPM C10
quote:
Joey wrote:

Fleabit , I saw " Open Range " last evening and LOVED it !!!

Now THAT is a real " Man's Man Movie " !!!!!!!!! Not the best Western that I have ever seen , but light years ahead of that crap movie " Lost in Translation "

OK, Joey, I understand the whole hatred of "Lost in Translation" thing was a sad ploy to get back in Gypsy's pants. But liking "Open Range" is just beyond comprehension, and I can't imagine ANY woman liking it - so whose pants are you trying to get into with THIS review?

I don't believe for a second that you liked this awful bit of offal. Neither Kevin Costner or Robert Duval had Chinese Eyes, for one thing. And don't you think they were doing "it" with the cute young Latino cowpoke who grew up eating "Cafe garbage"? Eeeeew!
02-09-04 02:53 PM
Joey " I don't believe for a second that you liked this awful bit of offal. Neither Kevin Costner or Robert Duval had Chinese Eyes, for one thing. And don't you think they were doing "it" with the cute young Latino cowpoke who grew up eating "Cafe garbage"? Eeeeew! "

Fleabit , you are right : All the Best Cowboys DO Have Chinese Eyes !!!!!!

" Open Range " is not a bad movie ..................A solid B+ Western Flick . You were too harsh on Duvall and Costner ( who is now " dating " a hot twenty-nine year old model by the way ) .

.........as for the Latino Cowpoke , Well ................ , there WERE some gay overtones there ( sort of like listening to Pete Townshend's Rough Boys off his Masterpiece " Empty Glass " )

Jacky Townshend !

02-09-04 04:24 PM
egon talking about movies;

yesterday i was in my video store.
(or i should say my crappy video store).

as usual they had nothing that i hadn't seen.
so in the end, stupid stupid me, i rented an autumn in new york.

I am still recovering.
02-09-04 05:01 PM
Joey " I am still recovering. "

Egon , you make Joey smile .

Joey !
02-09-04 10:31 PM
glencar I saw "The Big Lebowski" on the weekend & it was "eh" & I really wanna see "Lost In Translation" as I'm a huge Murray fan. He's been robbed of Oscar afr too many times now. The middle-brow types in the Midwest find him dull. Go figure!
02-09-04 11:01 PM
FPM C10
quote:
glencar wrote:
I saw "The Big Lebowski" on the weekend & it was "eh" & I really wanna see "Lost In Translation" as I'm a huge Murray fan. He's been robbed of Oscar afr too many times now. The middle-brow types in the Midwest find him dull. Go figure!

I felt the same way about "The Big L", and that bothered me because I love the Coen Bros. I just really don't like Jeff Bridges much. The Coen's MADE me like George Clooney, but couldn't pull the same trick with Bridges. PLUS, how many botched kidnapping movies do they have to make?

I still think Joey's pulling my leg about LIT. Murray's brilliant in it and I will bet Joey a Janet Jackson ninja nipple star that he wins Best Actor Oscar. (Murray, not Joey.)
02-09-04 11:05 PM
glencar He's not pulling your leg. He wrote last week that he didn't like LIT. I must see it now as I've heard wildly divergent opinions about it. But first on my list if LOTR Part 3 in the theater.
02-09-04 11:08 PM
BILL PERKS I SAW LOST IN TRANSLATION AND AMERICAN SPLENDOR THIS WEEKEND AND THOUGHT BOTH WERE AVERAGE...NOT JUSTIFYING ALL THE ACCLAIM BOTH MOVIES HAVE GOTTEN..IT'S JUST THE STATE OF FILM TODAY
02-10-04 12:51 AM
FPM C10 Yeah, there's certainly a bit of THAT in my admiration for the movie - the fact that movies in general SUCK makes me over-react when I see something good. LIT is a smart little movie that Sophia Coppola made pretty much by herself, and I just really loved it. It's not the best film I've ever seen.

The way Murray took his regular schtick (especialy the karaoke scene) and turned it into something a little deeper was excellent.

Haven't seen "American Splendor" yet, but it sounds cool.

By all means, Glencar, see LOTR3 in a theater. It too is not the best film I've ever seen but it's up there, and from a guy POV the battle section is absolutely amazing.
02-10-04 05:08 AM
mac_daddy LOTR #3 was pretty good, although they should have rolled credits after the wedding... the last 20 minutes was too crammed, and the plot points didnt really matter because Jackson doesnt even include the scouring of the Shire, which is really the only reason to give a shit that Sam returns there and stays... but the movie is still solid; I happen to think the second was the best movie of the three...

true story: when I went to see the Big Lebowski in the theater, I went with my then-girlfriend. I thought the movie was absolutely hilarious, as did most in the theater (I still feel that way). when we came out, I was all smiles. I looked at my old lady and she was in tears... "What's the matter with you? you didnt like the movie..? what made you cry..?" She replied - "that guy just reminded me too much of you..." Needless to say, we didnt last much longer. fwiw, my wife says that indeed I do resemble the dude (for better or worse), but she also thinks the flick is classic. I obviously made the right choice...

The Dude is right - the Eagles f*cking suck!!!!
[Edited by mac_daddy]
02-10-04 09:49 AM
Joey " I still think Joey's pulling my leg about LIT. Murray's brilliant in it and I will bet Joey a Janet Jackson ninja nipple star that he wins Best Actor Oscar. (Murray, not Joey.) "

Bet Taken !

I once read where the movie that wins the Oscar for Best Picture reflects the social mood of the country .

Let's hope L.I.T. is nowhere to be found on the 29th .

Developing ..................................

Shiver ...................................

Jercee !

02-10-04 11:06 AM
glencar The Oscars have nothing to do with shit. If Diane Keaton wins does that mean old lady nudity is the hot new thing? {{{{shuddering}}}}
02-10-04 11:23 AM
Joey " The way Murray took his regular schtick (especialy the karaoke scene) and turned it into something a little deeper was excellent "

Yeah , he WAS pretty good at the lead vocals on THIS one :

I could feel at the time
There was no way of knowing
Fallen leaves in the night
Who can say where they're blowing
As free as the wind
And hopefully learning
Why the sea on the tide
Has no way of turning
More than this - there is nothing
More than this - tell me one thing
It was fun for a while
There was no way of knowing
Like dream in the night
Who can say where we're going
No care in the world
Maybe I'm learning
Why the sea on the tide
Has no way of turning
More than this - tell me one thing

" Stones Rule You Bastards ! "

Jercee !

02-10-04 10:06 PM
gypsy I rented "Thirteen" today...it was very good.
02-11-04 09:33 AM
JaggaRichards I just watched 'Things To Do In Denver When You're Dead'.
Good cast-Walken, Chris Lloyd, Buscemi.
02-11-04 11:44 AM
Martha I rented "Pirates of the Carribean" and "Seabiscuit"..but haven't gotten around to watching them yet....anyone seen either? Or Monster? Did anyone else see Monster?

I loved the Coen's brothers film..."Fargo". I never laughed so hard in a movie theater as I did when the two idiots (Buscemi and the Marlboro Man) are driving for hours in the car and not talking to one another. Priceless!

Joey, you don't REALLY like Kevin Costner movies do you?????
02-11-04 11:54 AM
Sir Stonesalot Martha....It's just another sad joey-ploy to get attention.

It's lucky for him that his pals see through that.

Otherwise we'd think he was quite gay.
02-11-04 11:56 AM
mac_daddy
quote:
JaggaRichards wrote:
I just watched 'Things To Do In Denver When You're Dead'.
Good cast-Walken, Chris Lloyd, Buscemi.

good movie...

too bad they didn't use Zevon's song.
02-11-04 12:00 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
Martha wrote:
Or Monster? Did anyone else see Monster?

I have not - my wife saw it, and said it left her with a fucked-up feeling for days. She likened it to the way she felt after seing "Requiem for a Dream" (walking in expecting Pi 2). That movie was very weel done, but I felt like I had been beaten up when I walked out of the theater...

The Freidmans documentary is a trip, too.
02-11-04 10:48 PM
glencar I saw "Pirates of the Caribbean" & "Seabiscuit" in the theater & both were good. I preferred "Pirates" as "Seabiscuit" ended way earlier than the book.
02-12-04 12:58 AM
Madafaka I've seen 21 Grams tonight. Excellent! What do you think?
02-12-04 11:23 AM
glencar 21 Grams was great. One of the best of last year.
02-12-04 11:40 AM
Joey " Joey, you don't REALLY like Kevin Costner movies do you????? "

I like his women but not his movies .

Actually , " Open Range " is not bad ( thanks to Duvall ) and the music is conducted by none other than Michael Kamen ( R.I.P. )

Great Scenery too ( it was filmed in Alberta , Canada ) and the town was constructed right on - site .

I like how they shot the dog too .....................

J.

Page: 1 2 3 4

BEST VIEWED HIGH