ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Jigsaw Puzzle? Return to archive
02-19-03 10:33 PM
Mr. D Is there a reason the boys don't play this one live? I thought with this tour's album sets, they would break this out when Beggers came around. It's my favorite on the Banquet and one of my favorites of all time! This and Time waits for noone stand as two songs I pray they'd play live.
02-19-03 10:37 PM
riffhard64 i was hoping for Jigsaw puzzle too,that and Dear Doctor but they did play Parachute Woman at the Orpheum and She Smiled Sweetly was a huge surprise at Roseland...Keith's backing vocals on that one is just incredible..knocks me out!
02-20-03 05:17 AM
gypsymofo60 As I've so often said; "one of two or three of their most underrated songs, along with 'Fingerprint File'& 'Hey Negrita'....Bring it out! See my sig.
02-20-03 01:16 PM
dkmonroe "Jigsaw Puzzle" is a really obscure, eccentric song. The slide guitar is almost painfully dissonant, and the lyrics are an impenetrable jungle of in-jokes and charicatures. I'm sure that the song was a direct product of the wacked-out personal relationships between the Stones in '68, and as such the Stones probably consider it really dated. I'd be suprised if they ever perfom it live.

I do think it's a great song, but for Mick and Keith, it's probably just a sack of very distant memories.

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST