ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Gunface? Return to archive
02-19-03 12:46 PM
StrangeStrayCat What do you think of this song? I think this was the best song from BTB and an overlooked gem.
02-19-03 12:50 PM
T&A It was definitely my favorite at first-listen. Not sure that it's held up that well over the last five years...actually, I'm not sure the album holds up that well, but that's another story...
02-19-03 12:51 PM
nankerphelge I love it -- good ol' "don't fuck with me" Stones a la Hand of Fate!!
02-19-03 01:04 PM
jb Not particularly good..but better than "Might as well get juiced".
[Edited by jb]
02-19-03 01:10 PM
Martha I just bought a copy of Bridges and really like a lot of it. Gunface is cool but not my favorite of the album. I loved 'Saint Of Me" immediately and "Flip the Switch" always sets me to rockin' immediately a real toe-tapper hip-shaker.
02-19-03 01:34 PM
StrangeStrayCat It's a great song for Charlie ... the little roll to start the song, then the pounding fill in the last verse. Drums are pretty dominant as well.
02-19-03 01:37 PM
jb Sounds the same as the beginning of 'Everything turning to gold".
02-19-03 02:15 PM
T&A good call on "gold" JB....

funny, my fave on B2B is Juiced nowadays - underneath the sheen and glitz, you got a real ballsy blues tune that coulda come straight outta Exile (minus the sheen and glitz, that is)...also thought they nailed it live the one time they tried it at MSG '98...Ronnie and Keith both doing some fine slide work...
02-19-03 06:05 PM
100 Years Ago juiced is sublime...pure Stones blues mixed with whooshing techno sounds, great slide work from Ronnie...would've made an interesting single for alternative rock radio

my main fault with B2B is too much Waddy Wachtel and not enough Keith
02-19-03 06:12 PM
Gazza ..maybe, but Waddy's guitar coda at the end of Anybody Seen My Baby is the highlight of the entire album for me - maybe even the most beautiful piece of music on any Stones song in a couple of decades
02-19-03 06:20 PM
~AzQb

Hellooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo...........................................................................................................................................................................can ya ear my muffled cries emanating feebly from this here iglooooooooooooooo?

~ RoTfL
02-19-03 06:34 PM
full moon It is a great song and has held up fine.. Why wouldn't it?? That song kicks ass...

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST