ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Damn you, Paul McCartney! Return to archive
02-18-03 11:08 AM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy Sir Paul's media machine has done a few very clever things recently.

1)They've announced his European tour. It ends with days of the Stones's triumphant entry into Europe. So at this point, if people haven't bought tickets already for a show and are looking at the two $250-$350-a-seat-classic-rock-extravaganzas, McCartney's will be up first, sucking dry a new market for the Stones if they want to add dates.

Well, it was nice of him to at least wait a while until the Stones's tickets had slowed down a bit. I was actually hoping he'd get up there and play "Live With Me" with the boys. Still hope for Ringo Starr to show up and sing "I Wanna Be Your Man" with Mick... hahaha... that'd be something.

2) This "Back In The World" CD that's coming out soon, which, I understand, has *four different tracks* plus a few new mixes of the *same exact tracks* on his old live album. Now, honestly, Paul, this is just scraping the bottom of the barrel. At *least* release some sound-check tapes. The songs the guy does for his soundchecks are often better than the songs he does live, because they're not the same tired numbers he's been doing for the past fifteen years - they're old rock and blues standbys. Release those! Take a page from the Stones's book, man!

That's just sad, the way his machine's milking the fans like that. I ain't buying this new album, no sir. I'll check the web, find these so-called "new mixes", get them, get the four different tracks, and be done with it.

The Stones, at least, keep shuffling things up. A supposedly 'new' live album? Now that just takes the cake. Sorry, Sir Paul, I love your music and all, but that's just really, really, really low. Hope your fans can scrape through enough to find some of those soundchecks.

Note to Stones: Don't be like this. And get Chuck a real piano, while you're at it.

-tSYX --- Bring it on home, bring it to Jerome...
02-18-03 06:07 PM
steel driving hammer Brang it to Jerome!

Fuck the Beatles.

I hope to God that Paul doesn't play after the Stones leave.

So then, Paul can say he's been on stage last.

Fuck Paul.
02-19-03 02:11 AM
Madafaka Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees!
F U C K T H E B E A T L E S!
Rolling Stones rulez that fuckin' world! Thak you God for the greatest R n' R band in the world! Thank you for the magic! Please, come back to Buenos Aires! Hehehe
02-19-03 05:21 AM
F505 A thread about Paul McCartney without a post by JB? What's the matter wit him? Is he ill?
[Edited by F505]
02-19-03 07:16 AM
egon too busy in the chat room
02-19-03 07:24 AM
corgi37 just what i like to read on a stones page. info on some fucking pop wanker. rock is the name of the game, and macca dont rock, the gutless fuck. no more posts about what this loser is up to in the future will suit me fine.
02-19-03 07:25 AM
Nellcote Xyzzy;

You have got to get with the program. Great posts on most occasions, but please, lose the Sir Macca bit. He is a lightweight. On stage with the Stones, please. Keith would hammer him with his gitar like he did to the fan in Hampton '81. Macca is a touchole in the first degree, there is no other.

02-19-03 07:37 AM
egon Paul McCartney met Beatles-hits naar Arnhem
Van een onzer verslaggevers

Paul McCartney komt, voor het eerst sinds 10 jaar, naar Nederland. Op 25 april treedt de ex-Beatle op in de Gelredome in Arnhem als onderdeel van zijn Back to the World Tour 2003.

McCartney brengt een twee�neenhalf uur durend programma, waarin hij 22 liedjes zingt van The Beatles, aangevuld met de grootste successen van zijn band Wings en enkele solonummers. Een aantal van de Beatles-songs zijn nooit eerder live ten gehore gebracht in Nederland.

Met deze show brak hij het afgelopen jaar alle verkooprecords in de Verenigde Staten. Daar kreeg het concert niet alleen de bijnaam 'grootste hits show op aarde', maar ook de prijs voor 'tournee van het jaar' van het muziekblad Billboard. Volgens McCartney is het niet eerder voorgekomen dat zoveel Beatles-nummers in ��n show zijn samengebracht. Bij de keuze van zijn repertoire zegt hij nadrukkelijk naar de wens van het publiek te hebben geluisterd. ,,Ik ben in de huid van een bezoeker gekropen en heb daarbij de vraag gesteld 'welke liedjes zou ik van hem willen horen'
02-19-03 04:38 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat Ok, let's all go to see Paul and bring things to throw to him.
02-19-03 04:47 PM
F505 Yes, Paul loves flowers!
02-19-03 04:50 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat Flowers? No fucking way!
I was thinking about tomatoes and stones and stuff!
02-20-03 06:27 PM
corgi37 no, dont throw tomatoes and other fruits/veges at the bastard. He's a vegan!! He'd love that. Throw raw, bloody meat at him. The slut will run off crying into the arms of his wife, who will re-assure him and cuddle him. SHe may even give him a "leg up" back to the stage. Ohhhhhh, Corgi, cruel, but cute.

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST