ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Buenos Aires - February 22, 2006
Alex (Chile), Voodoo (México), Cucho (Perú), Bjornulf (Norway) and Marcelo (Argentina)
http://rocksoff.org/foro
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: what was the best/worst thing about the concert in brazil last night Return to archive
February 19th, 2006 09:54 AM
nationalnews worst: somewhat boring setlist

best: "oh no not you again," "Wild Horses," the huge crowd
February 19th, 2006 10:18 AM
sirfito no "worst" for me.
February 19th, 2006 12:01 PM
Soldatti Worst: I didn't go
Best: all the rest
February 19th, 2006 02:20 PM
Gazza No complaints about the setlist. If they did that setlist in Chicago or New York where they play a lot, then I could understand that. For a non-Stones audience who had never seen them before, it was pretty much ideal. Its a bit hard to appreciate "Sway" or "Worried About You" when you're 2 miles from the stage with a million people in front of you.

As with every Stones show now, the first half is the more interesting.

Excellent performance. "Midnight Rambler" was outstanding (my heel was digging into the floor here so hard during it that my neighbours probably thought I was drilling for oil), as was "Night Time" (one of the highlights of this tour for me). Of the warhorses, "IORR" was especially good with "Rain Fall Down" being the best of the new songs.

Whisper it, but I actually thought "You Got Me Rocking" was very good too.
February 19th, 2006 02:29 PM
marko Best,JJF,Iorr,ygm and rambler also night time.
Worst:Wild horses
February 19th, 2006 02:30 PM
Riffhard Is it just my computer or is the feed dead now on AOL? I keep trying to check it out,but it never plays! I had to work last night so I could not watch live.

Riffy
February 19th, 2006 02:36 PM
Angiegirl I'm watching now, just started Night Time. Tumbling Dice is the only one that won't start playing.
February 19th, 2006 02:46 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Gazza wrote:
No complaints about the setlist. If they did that setlist in Chicago or New York where they play a lot, then I could understand that. For a non-Stones audience who had never seen them before, it was pretty much ideal. Its a bit hard to appreciate "Sway" or "Worried About You" when you're 2 miles from the stage with a million people in front of you.

As with every Stones show now, the first half is the more interesting.

Excellent performance. "Midnight Rambler" was outstanding (my heel was digging into the floor here so hard during it that my neighbours probably thought I was drilling for oil), as was "Night Time" (one of the highlights of this tour for me). Of the warhorses, "IORR" was especially good with "Rain Fall Down" being the best of the new songs.

Whisper it, but I actually thought "You Got Me Rocking" was very good too.

I almost didnt mention it either, but you deserve support on this...Keith used a tone more consistant with the studio version of You Got Me Rocking and I must admit, I enjoyed its performance.
February 19th, 2006 02:57 PM
Nellcote Evryting Arie Mon!
Break out another fatty, sit bahk and injoy da whole ting agin....
Gazza, you find dat oil, you be a reech mon....
February 19th, 2006 03:26 PM
Gimme Shelter The show rocked!!!! Period!!!
February 19th, 2006 04:21 PM
Lazy Bones Midnight Rambler and Satisfaction were the highlights.

...imo!
[Edited by Lazy Bones]
February 19th, 2006 04:25 PM
mrhipfl
quote:
nationalnews wrote:
worst: somewhat boring setlist

best: "oh no not you again," "Wild Horses," the huge crowd

I actually though ONNYA was kind of weak, but may be it was just the mix...seemed like the vocals were turned up too high, especially the back-up singer.
February 19th, 2006 04:50 PM
winter Absolutely loved the show.

Realistically speaking (i.e., recognizing that they can't go too deep in the catalog for a show like this), I wished they made the following changes:

1. She's So Cold in Place of IORR

2. Get Up Stand Up in Place of Night Time is the Right Time - Would have loved to have heard the crowed going :ee-oh-oh-oh with Mick at the end. And it would have been a more appropriate cover given the tropical vibe

3. Added one more song for a 21 song set list - Gimme Shelter (this would have preceded Get Up Stand Up), so Lisa would still be showcased with the absence of Night Time is the Right Time

They still absolutely kicked ass last night. Can't wait to see this one in at the movies.

wintah
February 19th, 2006 04:52 PM
winter oh, one other thing - the worst part about the show, was that I wasn't there.

wintah,
February 19th, 2006 06:17 PM
Gazza I liked the way MIck re-started "Night Time" after it finished. I could have listened to another few minutes of that quite happily...!
February 19th, 2006 06:36 PM
luxury1 gazza--he did restart it in Albany, and the band picked up and played with him--he was scat singing it, sort of, I guess. I loved it. Did you notice Lisa was not reaching for the high notes last night? But she still rocked. I just cant get enough of her "style"--from singing to dancing--she is too cool, and her clothes were kickin' last night.
I liked how Keith forgot how Rough Justice started, adn Chuck came out to whisper it in his ear. Classic Stones.
ALso a highlight--Mick's nipples......
February 19th, 2006 07:39 PM
ebmp The worst thing: NO GIMME SHELTER GODDAMN IT!!

The Best thing: The crowd, the energy, the peace, Mick Fucking Jagger, Keith Richards, Ronnie Wood, Charlie Watts.. It was my best night ever and I dont think anything will top it... Ever
February 19th, 2006 07:46 PM
charlotte the bands determination from the opening chords of JJF to Satisfaction to entertain over a million people as only they can...and the front man's exhausting performance
February 20th, 2006 01:04 AM
voodoopug
quote:
mrhipfl wrote:

I actually though ONNYA was kind of weak, but may be it was just the mix...seemed like the vocals were turned up too high, especially the back-up singer.

I have been posting about my concern towards the mix for a while now with regards to this show....I was also disappointed in the mix during ONNYA!
February 20th, 2006 01:35 AM
Bruno Stone I WAS THERE.

The worst: No Gimme Shelter

The best: the sound of the guitars. Chuck very low. Mick moving and singing like he was still a young singer (well, he is ) trying to impress the audience of the Marquee times.

Holy shit, you will never understand how great it was. Ronnie was sober and PLAYING all the time, he played a killer solo to YCAGWYW. Keith drived the whole show. Midnight Rambler was perfect. Holy shit, I saw it all..... and it was my first Stones gig!!!!!!!! Can't you believe how fucking lucky I am?!???!!!
February 20th, 2006 05:06 AM
Gazza
quote:
luxury1 wrote:
I liked how Keith forgot how Rough Justice started, adn Chuck came out to whisper it in his ear. Classic Stones.

Listening to it again, I think Keith went to start "oh No, Not you Again" by mistake

The 2 songs have swapped places in the show quite frequently on this tour so that would be an understandable oversight, although Keith seemed to have overlooked the fact that theyd played it less than an hour earlier..a case of "Oh No, Not Oh No, Not You Again.."

February 20th, 2006 05:11 AM
Jumacfly the show started great but it seems the guitar sound went down in the mix.When Mick plays guitar, the sound of the 2 others suddently turns tiny...
I mean, JFF was powerful and strong, so was iorr and you got me rocking(please god forgive me for saying that )but then the voices were higher and higher.
good show for me, not more.
February 20th, 2006 05:16 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Gazza wrote:

a case of "Oh No, Not Oh No, Not You Again.."

LOL
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)