ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Buenos Aires - February 22, 2006
Alex (Chile), Voodoo (México), Cucho (Perú), Bjornulf (Norway) and Marcelo (Argentina)
http://rocksoff.org/foro
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Feb. 18, the worst day of my life aka "I'm leaving" Return to archive Page: 1 2
February 18th, 2006 02:21 PM
FotiniD
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

What Riffy said.

Yeah, don't you pull a Wyman on us!
February 18th, 2006 03:48 PM
egon JJ!!!

You ain't going nowhere my friend.

You is gonna stay right here.

You is a pasionate man, and even with your "special" (and well understandable) english,
you've always had more interesting things to say on this board
than i ever will.

Of course you need to put life in front of our beloved group at this moment.
That's normal & completely understandable

but when things are getting back in order (and they will!),
i will see you right back here.

Tonight i shall down a bottle of rosé wine in your honour
and smoke a whole pack of marlboro (red!)

I WILL see you soon my friend.

Take care,
Egon

February 18th, 2006 06:36 PM
IanBillen
JJ FLash:

I guess I take a shot at this...

I really do not understand why you're leaving? Because you cannot see The Stones on tour? Hmmmmm. I do not understand? Is that necessarily a reason to stop posting? Maybe, I don't know, I am not in your shoes.

All I WILL say is everyone goes through their low points. And if you do not get chances to see The Stones that CERTAINLY would be frustrating....all the way man.

I am not sure I would give up totally on caring about them.

I took a lot of flack here. People made fun of me and chose to disagree with whatever I said no matter if they really felt that way or just CHOSE to disagree because it was me posting it. Sometimes I was wrong (nobody will forget the thoughts I had on the cover of Tattoo You , or the Bonjovi stance I currently stand by) and sometimes, at the end of the day, it turns out I was, and sometimes am, still correct in my forthought. That's right.....I HAVE turned out to be right on some issues here that were debated>Yet I STILL, To this day take more flack than anyone on this board.

>>>>>>But guess what. I am still here here. I stuck it out. In different states, and in different area's of the country. Now this isn't a pep talk. Now that would be silly. A pep talk coming from Ian himself. Currently I am in Granada Hills California. It is just outside LA and a skip from Burbank, and a touch a ways from Hollywood. I am renting a room in someones house. I am currently in their sewing room because that is the only place I can get an internet connection. See and I still like telling folks what I think. And I think I gained some respect here by sticking it out.

So I in closing I say good luck if you do. And Good deal if you stay.

Ian
February 18th, 2006 06:37 PM
pdog You're young, there's way worse days ahead than this...
Just kidding, hope you hang in there, we need you.
February 19th, 2006 06:51 AM
J.J.Flash Thanks everybody, with no exceptions, every single post you replied on this touched my worried mind and confused heart.

I really would like to write a quick review of what I've seen on TV <== I only ask for your patience, since today I've got that exam to perform and must keep some level of concentration. I woke up early and felt that I had to thank you all and write some simple words to show my gratitude. But, then, I knew that on Sunday, I knew what was going to happen after I would opened my eyes. Yes, I think a lot of shit really serious have so far happened to me, like when I lost one of my best friends, or when I was struggling not to fall when my old man, my hero was serious ill of a depression, at the same time my girlfriend went through this illness. But I think I've been tough enough to avoid dropping a tear - but the first thing that happened to me this morning I couldn't take, I tried hold them, but I really cried. And I can't explain why, but this weird thing happened. I felt like that was the end, because while each of us devoted, long time fans would love to have them playing forever, we must accept that sooner or later, maybe if they keep releasing albums, such a HUGE CIRCUS (this superb show) is faded to disappear of our lives.

I'm gonna write a quick review as soon as I can. Still hope that until the end of 2006, I could attend some gig over Europe or America(if they come back again for another extra leg).
[Edited by J.J.Flash]
February 19th, 2006 07:22 AM
UGot2Rollme Hey Fausto,
Hey Hey My My Rock and Roll will never die.
There's more to the picture, than meets the eye.
Hey Hey My My.

Sorry you missed Rio, but you were there in heart and soul, brother. Keep postin - there's no reason to hide.

Keep on rollin, &

God bless,
Stan
February 19th, 2006 01:33 PM
MrPleasant

Get your ass back here now.
February 19th, 2006 01:46 PM
voodoopug
quote:
IanBillen wrote:

JJ FLash:

I guess I take a shot at this...

I really do not understand why you're leaving? Because you cannot see The Stones on tour? Hmmmmm. I do not understand? Is that necessarily a reason to stop posting? Maybe, I don't know, I am not in your shoes.

All I WILL say is everyone goes through their low points. And if you do not get chances to see The Stones that CERTAINLY would be frustrating....all the way man.

I am not sure I would give up totally on caring about them.

I took a lot of flack here. People made fun of me and chose to disagree with whatever I said no matter if they really felt that way or just CHOSE to disagree because it was me posting it. Sometimes I was wrong (nobody will forget the thoughts I had on the cover of Tattoo You , or the Bonjovi stance I currently stand by) and sometimes, at the end of the day, it turns out I was, and sometimes am, still correct in my forthought. That's right.....I HAVE turned out to be right on some issues here that were debated>Yet I STILL, To this day take more flack than anyone on this board.

>>>>>>But guess what. I am still here here. I stuck it out. In different states, and in different area's of the country. Now this isn't a pep talk. Now that would be silly. A pep talk coming from Ian himself. Currently I am in Granada Hills California. It is just outside LA and a skip from Burbank, and a touch a ways from Hollywood. I am renting a room in someones house. I am currently in their sewing room because that is the only place I can get an internet connection. See and I still like telling folks what I think. And I think I gained some respect here by sticking it out.

So I in closing I say good luck if you do. And Good deal if you stay.

Ian

jb and I take far more of a pounding here than most others, yet we do not back down from our stances either. We have even been threatened with Violence (see the group of east coasters who wish to do me harm!) I disagree with you often and shall continue to...but do not back down!!
February 19th, 2006 09:22 PM
IanBillen
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

jb and I take far more of a pounding here than most others, yet we do not back down from our stances either. We have even been threatened with Violence (see the group of east coasters who wish to do me harm!) I disagree with you often and shall continue to...but do not back down!!

"Never Stop, Never Stop, Never-Never-Never Stop."!

Ian
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)