ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Buenos Aires - February 22, 2006
Alex (Chile), Voodoo (México), Cucho (Perú), Bjornulf (Norway) and Marcelo (Argentina)
http://rocksoff.org/foro
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Feb. 18, the worst day of my life aka "I'm leaving" Return to archive Page: 1 2
February 17th, 2006 05:11 PM
J.J.Flash Feb. 18, the worst day of my life aka "I'm leaving"

I know that lately I wasn't posting as much as I used to some time ago here at the most prodigious of all Rolling Stones Message Boards, and quite frankly, I don't believe that most of you have noticed my absence. Anyway, I think it would be better or at least FAIR if before I leave, I could write some words explaining the reason behind the decision (see Transition). Just when I thought I finally started learning what "good /top notch postin'" was all about...

I'm gonna miss this place and most of you fine gentlemen and smart, gorgeous ladies. Your skilled knowledge about Rolling Stones stuff have made me learn a lot of things I wouldn't figure out alone. Of course, not just your knowledgeable minds, but mostly the central point of Message Boards, which stands for the sharing of a common passion. And I must tell, wherever I go, NOBODY UNDERSTANDS my devotion and love for this "wrinkly" <== Rockers that with more than 44 years on the road of Rock'n'Roll, have so far been paving the pathway of this lifestyle. But here at this Message Board, things have been different, because I could speak with people around the World that would understand WHY I feel like this when it comes to Rolling Stones. Only talking with people that think like me, I finally could make myself understood WHY I would join a pub fight just because somebody told something bad about Keith Richards or Mick Jagger. So to make it shorter, I really will miss www.novogate.com/board/968, make yourself sure that I really will.

The fact is, for your ASTONISH, I ain't gonna to the Rio gig.....

****************BLANK FRIGGIN' STARE**********************

Yeah, I knew this annoucement would cause such surprise. At first, I was mad about the Free Beach Concert, since we are real fans and we don't need chairity. I wrote too many things about my anger on this issue, but just to refresh things and for the record, I've stated that a Free Concert is not fair with the REAL STONES FANS, with the craziest, maddest, "frenziest" fans.

Unfortunately, we are not fortunate enough like you yankees or europeans that oftenly are able to see their performances. So, this kind of concert, can't give us QUALITY. WE WANT to see them with no worries, with no discomfort. I don't mind paying for a ticket, and I'm sure that we would have fill 2 gigs for Stadiums in a matter of hours, mostly considering the ticket prices for our argentinean neighbours, really CHEAP.

Anyway, I had decided I would attend the Free Concert with great pleasure, UNTIL something really fucked up, a real proof of bad luck happened to me - as some of you may know, young Jay precociously tried to start his own business, running his own office, working with Information

Technology (software development, and this sort of thing). But again, as some of you may know, things weren't going well. A lot of expenses and lousy ammount of income. So, in order to keep it going instead of giving up, young Jay accepted the advices of friends and family to find a parallel job while my own business wouldn't show positive results. So, two months ago the local, municipal office (of the mayor building) opened a public test to hire professionals of IT area.

Of course I had registered myself and started studying some things. So, 3 weeks ago what I've most feared really come true - THE EXAM WAS SCHEDULED TO FEBRUARY 19, the day before the concert in Rio. The problem is that I'm 900 Km away from Rio, and even by airplane, I couldn't attend the EXAM. The problem with this kind of thing is that oportunities like that don't happen every day.

Remember that if I succeed on this EXAM, I could have some deep breath to hold on and keep my own business going, without having to close the office.

What makes me more sad is that every motherfucker in the streets and on TV are talking about this huge happening. Seems that now everybody with no exception loves the Stones, like I do. It's not fair for Christ sakes. I followed them, loved them and always stated that after Jesus Christ and my own old man, my beloved father, Keith Richards was the only man I really admired and loved.

I don't want watch them in 2008 or whatever..... mostly because I doubt they will keep this circus going any longer after this huge World Tour. Of course I believe that they are going to release some Blues albums, another R'n'R album, some singles, and even some appearances over America and Europe, sort of private gigs, but they NEVER WOULD COME BACK TO BRAZIL AnD ARGENTINA ever again.

I lost the thrill, that's sad REALLY SAD, I am pretty sad and don't have will to keep this devotion going. So I decided that it would be better if I stop posting here. Maybe I will keep lurking once in a while, maybe post any real question about any issue which I need information.

I really appreciate if you spent some of your precious minutes reading my relief.

Keep something in mind, because I'm still young, but I'm mature enough to have learned that in life, there's nothing worse than REGRET..... regrets that consume our soul, day by day...... and as they say, "it's worse to regret something you didn't make, than something you have made"

If any of you would like to talk to me, send me a PM with your e-mail addy and we could still talk and have some sort of friendship.

I would like to apologize for all this years, that you kept understanding my poor english speech.

At least, even with the lack of thrill, I still have some hope that until the end of 2006, I could afford attending any gig over Europe or America.

Take care people, you had been great, at least most part of you. Bye Bye Johnny!

J.J.Flash as know as Fausto Sarkis Mira
[Edited by J.J.Flash]
February 17th, 2006 05:14 PM
nankerphelge No way
get yer ass back here!
February 17th, 2006 05:22 PM
Joey

Hell , I leave the board every ten minutes ....

... GET BACK HERE !!!!!

Joeykins !
February 17th, 2006 05:27 PM
BILL PERKS I SAY I'M LEAVIN EVERY TIME JOEY POSTS A PIC OF THE QWEST CENTER...
February 17th, 2006 05:29 PM
voodoopug I am truly disappointed to see this (as I just mentioned you in a post yesterday!), but you must do what you have to do, So few here are wise enough to see that "real life" matters much more than a band/message board. When it comes down to it, providing for yourself (or family) should be each persons top priority.

I commend you for your classy way of walking away with your head held high. I will PM you my email address and look forward to continuing our online friendship.

I am sure the true quality posters on this board would welcome you back with open arms at any time, and for that matter should understand your decision to step back.

You will be sorely missed!

John
February 17th, 2006 05:32 PM
Joey
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:
I SAY I'M LEAVIN EVERY TIME JOEY POSTS A PIC OF THE QWEST CENTER...

Funny ..... FRIGGIN Funny !!!!!

|
|
|
V

February 17th, 2006 05:34 PM
pdog I stay because of Joey... He is now and always will be the 2nd greatest poster in the world. We know who number one is...
February 17th, 2006 05:34 PM
Joey
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

I commend you for your classy way of walking away with your head held high. I will PM you my email address and look forward to continuing our online friendship.

For My Baby ! :

February 17th, 2006 05:36 PM
Joey
quote:
pdog wrote:
We know who number one is...

My Baby Josh !!!
February 17th, 2006 05:39 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Dear J,

I understand your state of mind, it's pathitic the way it was handled in Rio, probably a mix of one free show and other "paid" gig was the best approach to rock your country

I hope yours is just a momentary state and soon you will be back here, your home

It was great to having that long conversation on the phone with you, I will call you later we need regulars like you baby

Anyway you will be always greeted by the voodoo
Altamont
Angiegirl I noticed your absence JJ. And sorry to hear about your troubles. Do what feels right, but I think you're making a mistake. This is a great place to vent, to get comfort, to laugh, for distraction of the day-to-day shit we're all going through. Anyway, good luck in keeping things together and just come back here when you're feeling better about life (my advice to you, free of charge!).

Oh, and BTW: your English is perfect, and I should know as a fellow not-having-English-as-my-native-language poster.

Cheers!
February 17th, 2006 05:40 PM
Joey
quote:
Altamont wrote:

Hey , .... you stole my ' pissing monkey ' ]

February 17th, 2006 05:53 PM
BILL PERKS
quote:
pdog wrote:
I stay because of Joey... He is now and always will be the 2nd greatest poster in the world. We know who number one is...

THANKS PDOG -I'M HUMBLED YOU FEEL THAT WAY
February 17th, 2006 06:33 PM
Soldatti Fausto don't leave!
February 17th, 2006 06:38 PM
Riffhard JJ WTF!?!?! Enuff of this crazy talk! You can't leave. Remember as a great man once said,"Nobody leaves this band/board except in a pine box!"

Riffy
February 17th, 2006 07:30 PM
Gazza Fausto

Get your Latin ass back here pronto..thats an order

Fuck it, I leave this board every week for about an hour at least and I co-own the fucking thing
February 17th, 2006 08:53 PM
Lazy Bones Your true brothers and sisters await your return, Fausto!

Call the family round...

February 17th, 2006 09:35 PM
Sir Stonesalot L8r dude.

Good luck to you.

I hope you get your knob gobbled...often.
February 17th, 2006 09:42 PM
sirmoonie JJ Flashie! Stay! Don't go!

Mongo!

Stones!

Buckshot! Ass buckshot! Buckshot ass!
February 17th, 2006 10:41 PM
LadyJane "J.J.Flash as know as Fausto Sarkis Mira"

We all need a break now and then...so take one..BUT

Never forget that YOU made your mark here...HERE on RO, Fausto.........who doesn't want to hoist with JJF?? I do.

LJ.
February 17th, 2006 10:41 PM
GhostofBrianJones JJ please don't go. You will be missed so damn much. Enjoy your
posts, you are very intelligent, have a great sense of humor and
you are a great boon to this board. I scarely know you but I love
your Avatar, and Keith as well. Hope you get things together and
will return in the very near future. Best Wishes.
February 17th, 2006 11:37 PM
Barney Fife I see your point about the Rio show. The Chicago Blues Festival would be better if they charged just $10 so that only blues fans would go.
February 18th, 2006 12:21 AM
PartyDoll MEG Jay
Yes,I've noticed you've been missing in action around here lately, but I realise sometimes "real life" needs to be the priority. I can feel your pain in missing Rio and Keith.

You can still take care of the business of life and make time for your Stone's buddies on RO!! Don't be gone long
February 18th, 2006 12:22 AM
Maxlugar Fuck, I always thought you weren't a homo.

February 18th, 2006 06:04 AM
Jumacfly Jay!!
you can t leave us, we LOVE you and you re a great fan, a great guy, and this one is for you..

We Love You (Jagger/Richards)

We don't care if you only love "we"
We don't care if you only love "we"
We love you. We love you, and we hope
that you will love "we" too
We love "they". We love "they", and
we want you to love "they" too
Ah

We don't care if you hound "we" and
love is all around "we"
Love can't get our minds off
We love you, we love you

You will never win "we"
Your uniforms don't fit "we"
We forget the place we're in
'Cause we love you
We love you. Of course, we do

I love you. I love you
And I hope that you won't prove wrong too
We love you. We do. We love you. We do. Ah...

as Keith said, I hate it when you leave, hate it when you leavin' me....
February 18th, 2006 08:11 AM
FotiniD Hey! JJ darling! Why do you make me sad on this wonderful first almost spring-like day here?!

You know me, I am never the one to go "oh please stay" when somebody says they're leaving; cause mostly I don't see why one has to make such a decision - it's a board, it's not as if you have to be here 24h/a day and you've grown tired of it. But not you Fausto! You can't just up and leave! And we HAVE been aware of your absence. I know how you feel about Rio, I was almost in the same situation with our gig here, but this is the asylum we're talking about dear! It doesn't get any better than this! Name one other place where we can rant and rant about an over 40-year-old band and talk like we expect them to release records and play gigs as if they're still a bunch of 20 year-olds It's as good as it gets! And it might have its ups and downs, but the amount of humour, good friends and information is worth all of it. (Even the political arguments )

So please, RECONSIDER. This board needs you JJ! It won't be the same without you.
February 18th, 2006 09:08 AM
FPM C10 My young friend Jay,

I am sorry that I didn't read this sad post until now (Saturday morning) - I am speechless. I hope you will reconsider your decision about leaving here - you have long been one of my absolute favorites.

If, however, you decide that you are actually leaving the board for good, please keep in touch (email is in PM) and know that you will live on here in our thoughts, and especially in the sayings that have become part of all of our language.

You and I have yet to share a booze, and that makes me sad.

I swear the GOD, young Jay, when I think of Rocks Off without you, my skin no longer turns to chicken!

February 18th, 2006 09:27 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
JJ WTF!?!?! Enuff of this crazy talk! You can't leave. Remember as a great man once said,"Nobody leaves this band/board except in a pine box!"

What Riffy said.
February 18th, 2006 09:45 AM
speedfreakjive Jay - don't be fooled by this rush of blood to the head.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)