ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Buenos Aires - February 22, 2006
Alex (Chile), Voodoo (México), Cucho (Perú), Bjornulf (Norway) and Marcelo (Argentina)
http://rocksoff.org/foro
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The Police (NSC) Return to archive
February 17th, 2006 03:16 PM
speedfreakjive Whats everyone's opinion on The Police
I reckon they've got genuine quality.
i can't quite figure out if they are cool or not too.
So Lonely is a bona-fida classic
February 17th, 2006 03:19 PM
Break The Spell I love the Regatta De Blanc album, that one is where it all came together for them, from the dark reggae instrumentals to energetic punkish songs, to big hits like "Message In A Bottle" and "Walking On The Moon". I like a few songs off other albums too, like "Can't Stand Losing You", "Secret Journey", "Invisible Sun", "Syncronicity II" and "Behind My Camel", but their second album remains my favorite.
February 17th, 2006 03:20 PM
Dan Yeah I love this band! Was just thinking a year or two ago that they are probably one of the top greatest bands of all time just because they put out a few nearly perfect albums than broke up. They all had to weather the mid life crisis separately without affecting the bands music. Sting solo is boring.

Saw Andy Summers twice at the Baked Potato and those were good shows.
February 17th, 2006 03:21 PM
speedfreakjive Don't Stand So Close To Me I like too.
February 17th, 2006 03:21 PM
Lazy Bones I dig the Police. I recently made a mixed disc that includes So Lonely. My daughters love that tune.

Guess that makes 3 of us...
February 17th, 2006 03:22 PM
speedfreakjive Stuart Copeland, the drummer, now does OST's too.
February 17th, 2006 03:24 PM
Nellcote The broke in the States in Bahston!
I have early broadcast demos of Roxanne on WBCN at the time, as well as some live cuts from The Paradise Club.
A good band, earlier lp's the best.
Sting a head case, after they split I have to leave the room when his music is played.
I must admit, he is awful bad. (HA Sway, another use of SOL)
Look for a compliation dvd release (big surprise?) later this year with unreleased cuts.
Gawd, DVD is a wonderful thang....
[Edited by Nellcote]
February 17th, 2006 03:25 PM
Break The Spell Did you ever hear any of their real early stuff before their first album?? Songs like "Fallout", "Nothing Achieving" and "Dead End Job" are raw late 70's punk songs, every time I play them for someone their amazed its the Police.
February 17th, 2006 03:27 PM
Nellcote I recall "Dead End Job", I think I recorded this on 8 track, and have it somewhere...
February 17th, 2006 03:29 PM
Break The Spell Good songs, I think the only place their available is on their box set which has everything. It has a picture of Mick Jagger looking at the "Fallout" single in the booklet that comes with it.
February 17th, 2006 03:38 PM
nanatod Except for "Canary in a Coalmine," I absolutely detest the Sting and the Police.

That opinion may not be popular on this board, but I even prefer a couple of U2's hits to the drivel that Sting and company put out. Every time I hear "Every Breath You Take," I want to go to court to take out a permanent injunction against Sting's snooping. Of the bands discussed on the board in the last couple of weeks, IMO only Creed is worse than the Police.
February 17th, 2006 03:43 PM
Ihavelotsajam Their albums are pretty good, but there are some songs that everyone seems to regard highly that I Just. Don't. Get. I get hives everytime I hear ROOOOOOOOOO!-xanne.
February 17th, 2006 03:47 PM
CraigP I liked them a little bit when I was about 5 years-old.
The only song I don't mind is "wrapped around your finger" - in the chorus...
February 17th, 2006 03:51 PM
Break The Spell
quote:
CraigP wrote:
I liked them a little bit when I was about 5 years-old.
The only song I don't mind is "wrapped around your finger" - in the chorus...

It's been a while since I saw one of their videos, but I believe thats the one with all the candles.
February 17th, 2006 04:03 PM
keefjunkie I love the first two albums then ehh...
February 17th, 2006 08:10 PM
BILL PERKS THEY WERE FANTASTIC, SPECIALLY STEWART COPELAND..THEIR LAST IS RECORD IS MY LEAST FAV..I STILL PLAY ZENYATTA ALL THE TIME
February 17th, 2006 08:18 PM
sirmoonie Liked every album except their last. So Lonely is indeed classic. Nice band, great rythyms. Their main problem was they got too popular - if they hadn't, all their detractors in places like this board would be thinking of them as a great underrated band - ala The Jam or The English Beat.
February 17th, 2006 09:36 PM
Soldatti I like all the albums except the last.
February 18th, 2006 01:09 AM
Paranoid_Android They were amazing...

Stewart Copeland...(the real leader and the only American) was one of the BEST DRUMMERS EVER!!! BTW...he has been scoring films since the 80's...RUMBLEFISH (w/ Stan Ridgeway) being his first major film score....

Andy Summers...Guitar genius...who records w/ folks like Robert Fripp, Stanley Clarke, and others in that vane (sp?)

Sting...well...he's Sting...Use to be cool...then went soft and warn like butter in the noon day sun

Their Last album (SYNCHRONICITY) was pretty much a Sting album w/ the usual 2 cuts for the others...
February 18th, 2006 09:58 AM
caro I'm not sure if one could say Police are cool, but I dig them immensely. I keep getting all restless whenever I hear the Live!-version of Bring on the Night.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)