ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Buenos Aires - February 22, 2006
Alex (Chile), Voodoo (México), Cucho (Perú), Bjornulf (Norway) and Marcelo (Argentina)
http://rocksoff.org/foro
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Rio : jamming with U2 ? Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
February 17th, 2006 02:38 PM
Dan
quote:
jb wrote:
They have put together a very well polished tour which pleases all but us die-hards who know what they were once capable of. I am coming to the realization, as many have often expressed to me, that the idea that they are going to somehow return to Taylor Era form simply is an unrealistic notion. Stones at 60 are still intriging and madening as hell.

Kinda funny how someone will say the tour pleases everybody but him (though I know a few non-die hards werent impressed) but spends thousands on tickets anyway!

Well, I consider myself a die hard and I felt I got my money's worth (somewhere in the neighborhood of just under $100 for multiple shows).
February 17th, 2006 02:44 PM
Joey " Joey, that is disgusting!

Please refrain from such vulgarity in all future posts!"

February 17th, 2006 02:45 PM
jb Money is irrelevant. It's being there and experience the fabric of your life...even if it's "torn and frayed".
[Edited by jb]
February 17th, 2006 02:46 PM
jb
quote:
Joey wrote:
" Joey, that is disgusting!

Please refrain from such vulgarity in all future posts!"

Hello Joey.............The Heat are on fire!!! Dwayne Wade is simply fantastic!!!!
February 17th, 2006 02:56 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:
Money is irrelevant. It's being there and experience the fabric of your life...even if it's "torn and frayed".
[Edited by jb]

We can safely say that we have contributed to the financial success of this tour! I have spent nearly 15K on travel and tickets already myself!
February 17th, 2006 03:01 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

We can safely say that we have contributed to the financial success of this tour! I have spent nearly 15K on travel and tickets already myself!

Bono thanks you for lining his pockets
February 17th, 2006 03:02 PM
speedfreakjive
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

Bono thanks you for lining his pockets

touche!
Pug, you are crazy to spend that much money on a rock concert
February 17th, 2006 03:03 PM
Break The Spell
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

Friends thought I was crazy by spending $3,500 last fall on the tour, but its all about the memories, money is a temporary thing that you can easily get back.
February 17th, 2006 03:07 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
speedfreakjive wrote:

touche!
Pug, you are crazy to spend that much money on a rock concert

No. He's just crazy.

He likes U2. And lies about how much he spends on the Stones.

he also mimmicks JB's schtick. Its funny when JB does it. Its creepy when someone else copies it verbatim.

Pugs is a total nut job. Have you seen the cape?
February 17th, 2006 03:07 PM
Dan Dont get me wrong, I appreciate JB and Pug keeping the brokers in business. It subsidizes my 99 cent tickets I occassionally score from them. Thanks a lot guys!
February 17th, 2006 03:08 PM
Bloozehound what cape ?
February 17th, 2006 03:09 PM
speedfreakjive
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:
what cape ?

ditto
February 17th, 2006 03:10 PM
Joey " Its creepy when someone else copies it verbatim "

February 17th, 2006 03:17 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:
what cape ?

Pug likes to dress up like '81 Mick and wear a cape.

Well, either '81 Mick or Zoro or a pirate or Count Chocula. I'm not sure who. Or the why? I dont know too many people in this day and age that go out in public in a cape, so I'm not sure who he's dressing up as or if he's dressing up at all. It could just be that hes not dressing up but that hes just completely nuts.

All I know is that he's been known to don a cape.

I've seen pictures. Scary.
February 17th, 2006 03:19 PM
speedfreakjive Caped Crusader?
February 17th, 2006 03:24 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Dan wrote:
Dont get me wrong, I appreciate JB and Pug keeping the brokers in business. It subsidizes my 99 cent tickets I occassionally score from them. Thanks a lot guys!

anything for you my friend!
February 17th, 2006 03:25 PM
voodoopug
quote:
speedfreakjive wrote:
Caped Crusader?

my custom made cape used when I used to perform in my stones tribute band is a work of art and is very emotional for some folks (see tele). Sadly, it now hangs in my 6th bedroom closet..unused!
February 17th, 2006 03:27 PM
Break The Spell
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

my custom made cape used when I used to perform in my stones tribute band is a work of art and is very emotional for some folks (see tele). Sadly, it now hangs in my 6th bedroom closet..unused!

Can you guys do songs like "Gomper" and "Dandeloin"??
February 17th, 2006 03:30 PM
Altamont Joey?

February 17th, 2006 03:31 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Break The Spell wrote:

Friends thought I was crazy by spending $3,500 last fall on the tour, but its all about the memories, money is a temporary thing that you can easily get back.

many think I am insane as well, but my wife and I enjoy traveling around the country a lot when we get the chance. Typically when the stones come around we try to schedule short getaways to places that the stones are playing that day. It is a nice way for us to spend some alone time together and enjoy concerts together. SOme places we stay longer than others. (Boston we stayed over a week and visited many museums, and other tourist attractions)
February 17th, 2006 03:32 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Break The Spell wrote:

Can you guys do songs like "Gomper" and "Dandeloin"??

I know the band is currently looking for a bass player and a lead singer, but we never performed those tunes in the past. I did play Dandelion with the "Keith" in Hot Rocks Chicago before though.
February 17th, 2006 03:33 PM
Break The Spell
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

many think I am insane as well, but my wife and I enjoy traveling around the country a lot when we get the chance. Typically when the stones come around we try to schedule short getaways to places that the stones are playing that day. It is a nice way for us to spend some alone time together and enjoy concerts together. SOme places we stay longer than others. (Boston we stayed over a week and visited many museums, and other tourist attractions)

Sounds similar to what I do, though I go alone usually, tough trying to get my friends into the band. I've got to see so many cool places around the country I might not other wise have ever got to see. I just look at it as a vacation with a concert as an extra benefit.
February 17th, 2006 03:35 PM
Break The Spell
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

I know the band is currently looking for a bass player and a lead singer, but we never performed those tunes in the past. I did play Dandelion with the "Keith" in Hot Rocks Chicago before though.

Killer!! I love Dandeloin, though many seem to hate it, I just think its one of their most unique songs. It has a very Irish feel to it, almost dreamlike in a way, very different than what they would be doing in just 6-8 months down the road...
February 17th, 2006 03:36 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Break The Spell wrote:

Sounds similar to what I do, though I go alone usually, tough trying to get my friends into the band. I've got to see so many cool places around the country I might not other wise have ever got to see. I just look at it as a vacation with a concert as an extra benefit.

that is exactly what we think too. This time I actually went to Memphis with my father. He had never been there and probalby never would get there, and I wanted to check it out as well. WE had a blast, sat 8th row, spent some time with jb and his son. It was a great trip.
February 17th, 2006 03:37 PM
Saint Sway do you do songs like "Suck On The Jugular" or "Why Dont We Sing This Song Altogether" when wearing the cape?

were you wearing the cape and singing "Let Me Go" when you fell off the stage?
February 17th, 2006 03:38 PM
Break The Spell
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

that is exactly what we think too. This time I actually went to Memphis with my father. He had never been there and probalby never would get there, and I wanted to check it out as well. WE had a blast, sat 8th row, spent some time with jb and his son. It was a great trip.

Wow, 8th row, have you ever been that close before?? I'm usually about 40-60 rows back.
February 17th, 2006 03:42 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Break The Spell wrote:

Wow, 8th row, have you ever been that close before?? I'm usually about 40-60 rows back.

this tour I have been:

5th row, 8th row, onstage, 10th row, and front row side of stage. The rest of the shows i didnt have that great of seats and also had to leave my side stage seat when they were at the B stage as my wife went into early labor.
February 17th, 2006 03:44 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
do you do songs like "Suck On The Jugular" or "Why Dont We Sing This Song Altogether" when wearing the cape?

were you wearing the cape and singing "Let Me Go" when you fell off the stage?

The cape is used in JJF during our set as I played guitar on Satisfaction. I tripped over the monitor and had a horrendous fall near the end of "Brown Sugar". I had barely recovered before the rest of the band started playing Stray Cat Blues. It was very dark in there and they had not noticed that we had a man down....but like a true professional, i did not miss a lyric and kept it in key.
February 17th, 2006 03:53 PM
Break The Spell
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

The cape is used in JJF during our set as I played guitar on Satisfaction. I tripped over the monitor and had a horrendous fall near the end of "Brown Sugar". I had barely recovered before the rest of the band started playing Stray Cat Blues. It was very dark in there and they had not noticed that we had a man down....but like a true professional, i did not miss a lyric and kept it in key.

Would the places you play at let you have the inflateable penis for Starfucker?
[Edited by Break The Spell]
February 17th, 2006 03:59 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Break The Spell wrote:

Would the places you play at let you have the inflateable penis for Starfucker?
[Edited by Break The Spell]

sadly, many of the music clubs in chicago are so small that we barely fit our equipment on stage (OUr Keith brings with him 6-8 guitars)
Page: 1 2 3 4
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)