ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Buenos Aires - February 22, 2006
Alex (Chile), Voodoo (México), Cucho (Perú), Bjornulf (Norway) and Marcelo (Argentina)
http://rocksoff.org/foro
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Rio : jamming with U2 ? Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
February 17th, 2006 12:13 PM
Gazza
quote:
speedfreakjive wrote:
What was a typical setlist for your tribute band Pug?

vertigo
with or without you
Sunday Bloody sunday
Discotheque
I will follow
Elevation
Pride
I still havent found what im looking for
where the streets have no name
Gloria
Mysterious ways
The Fly
its a beautiful day
February 17th, 2006 12:15 PM
speedfreakjive
[Edited by speedfreakjive]
February 17th, 2006 12:19 PM
voodoopug
quote:
speedfreakjive wrote:
What was a typical setlist for your tribute band Pug?

I am no longer in the band as I left due to family/work commitments, but this was one of our setlists:

First Set

1. Brown Sugar
2. Street Fighting Man
3. Sympathy For The Devil
4. 19th Nervous Breakdown
5. Respectable
6. Gimme Shelter
7. Live With Me
8. Satisfaction
9. Dead Flowers
10. Honky Tonk Woman
11. Stray Cat Blues
12. Monkey Man
13. Under My Thumb
14. Rough Justice
15. Paint It Black
16. Get OFf Of My Cloud

Acoustic set:

No Expectations
WIld Horses
Sweet Virginia
The Worst

Second Set

1. Start Me Up
2. If You Cant Rock Me
3. Don’t Stop
4. Tumbling Dice
5. Let’s Spend The Night Together
6. Happy
7. Can’t You Hear Me Knocking
8. Jumping Jack Flash
9. Shattered
10. OH No Not You Again
11. She’s So Cold
12. Heartbreaker
13. Bitch
14. Hand of Fate
15. The Last Time
16. When the Whip Comes Down
17. Midnight Rambler

Encore:
IORR

February 17th, 2006 12:20 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Gazza wrote:

vertigo
with or without you
Sunday Bloody sunday
Discotheque
I will follow
Elevation
Pride
I still havent found what im looking for
where the streets have no name
Gloria
Mysterious ways
The Fly
its a beautiful day

you disappoint me...now when we meet...the first round is on you!
February 17th, 2006 12:23 PM
PeerQueer Dear Pug is clearly a closet U2 fan...

His ass pug/plug has the image of Bono on the end of it---

"Give me the Bono baby! Bono Knows!"

-Pug: 2006
February 17th, 2006 12:23 PM
speedfreakjive great setlists
Even Better Than The Real Thing!!!!!!
February 17th, 2006 12:28 PM
Nellcote Speed freak jive wrote:

That would be hilarious!
Yet another u2 related thread!
If you hate them, why post about them?

No man, I do not wish any ill will on anyone.
I just would expect Keith to burst at anytime should someone interrup the festivites.
It's not about hating U2, it's about the combination of Keith's nuclear beverage & the whole event....

One Love, Man!
February 17th, 2006 12:36 PM
voodoopug
quote:
PeerQueer wrote:
Dear Pug is clearly a closet U2 fan...

His ass pug/plug has the image of Bono on the end of it---

"Give me the Bono baby! Bono Knows!"

-Pug: 2006

jb has advised me to not offer a greeting to you.
February 17th, 2006 12:48 PM
Saint Sway this U2 rumor is EXCELLENT NEWS!!!!!!

I have been worried about the Rio developing into a dangerous event. Security is going to have a difficult time controlling a million rabid fans. When/if Bono takes the stage, I forsee pissed off Stones fans taking matters into their own hands. Bono will be crushed!! It will make the bottle throwing at Timberlake seem tame. Bono will be lucky to escape the stage alive!!!

and its all going to be capture on film!!!

I cant wait.

the headlines will read: "STONES FANS PUMMEL BONO" and it will accompanied by a photo of Bono being carried out on a stretcher with cups of beer being thrown at him.
February 17th, 2006 12:50 PM
Break The Spell
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
this U2 rumor is EXCELLENT NEWS!!!!!!

I have been worried about the Rio developing into a dangerous event. Security is going to have a difficult time controlling a million rabid fans. When/if Bono takes the stage, I forsee pissed off Stones fans taking matters into their own hands. Bono will be crushed!! It will make the bottle throwing at Timberlake seem tame. Bono will be lucky to escape the stage alive!!!

I cant wait.

the headlines will read: "STONES FANS PUMMEL BONO" and it will accompanied by a photo of Bono being carried out on a stretcher with cups of beer being thrown at him.

As he is being carried away, will he still be chanting to "save the speckled-belly otter" and to end feline AIDS??
February 17th, 2006 12:50 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

I cant wait.

your first readable post in nearly 6 weeks. good work.
February 17th, 2006 01:05 PM
PeerQueer
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

jb has advised me to not offer a greeting to you.

_______

Who is this JB you speak of?
February 17th, 2006 01:08 PM
Gazza
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

you disappoint me...now when we meet...the first round is on you!

you know I'm taking the piss

for what its worth - I wish the Stones had setlists as interesting as the 'Pugs had!
February 17th, 2006 01:16 PM
SweetVirginia
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

I cant wait.

---------

I'd still rather see Keith go after Bono with his
guitar the way he clocked that fan in '81.

--------

February 17th, 2006 01:18 PM
jb We won't support a U2 appearence and be , similar to SARS and Puerto Rico, humiliated. Pug did see U2, but you keep your friends close and enemies closer---------------------->Amen
February 17th, 2006 01:30 PM
Dan How was Puerto Rico humiliating?
February 17th, 2006 01:35 PM
jb
quote:
Dan wrote:
How was Puerto Rico humiliating?

The "invited guest"(opening act) received a much beter response than the Stones. People were literally dancing to Salsa and menge(?) beats in the ailes, while, the Stones, at least initially, did not receive the same type of enthusiastic response(see songs 4-7). The moral of the story is don't have guests that may upstage you...
[Edited by jb]
February 17th, 2006 01:36 PM
PeerQueer
quote:
jb wrote:
We won't support a U2 appearence and be , similar to SARS and Puerto Rico, humiliated. Pug did see U2, but you keep your friends close and enemies closer---------------------->Amen

_____

So is that the explanation for the Bono Pug/Plug?

I am going out this very minute to buy a thousand U2 albums to donate to the homeless just to spite you...

And then I'm kicking out Ms. Lobenstine from unit A-4 in my West Seattle complex just to spite you (though I will give her a copy of a U2 album on her way out...)

Her imminent homelessness is on your hands unless you give me a justifiable explanation for your scathing hatred of one of Ireland's greatest exports to the modern world...
February 17th, 2006 01:37 PM
Bloozehound u2s for queers
February 17th, 2006 01:38 PM
jb The reason is simple; Bono is a twat.
February 17th, 2006 01:43 PM
Ihavelotsajam
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

Brain of J (Pearl Jam)
and any other Pearl Jam tribute bands.

I love Pearl Jam. Never seen any PJ tribute bands.
I heard a story once about how Eddie Vedder visited a PJ tribute show (around 1998) and thought the singer was butchering the song he was singing, so he went up on the stage and was all like, GIVE ME THAT! and sang the rest of the song himself.
February 17th, 2006 01:51 PM
Dan
quote:
jb wrote:

The "invited guest"(opening act) received a much beter response than the Stones. People were literally dancing to Salsa and menge(?) beats in the ailes, while, the Stones, at least initially, did not receive the same type of enthusiastic response(see songs 4-7). The moral of the story is don't have guests that may upstage you...
[Edited by jb]

If they can be upstaged so easily, then I guess they are no longer the greatest. To me though, it sounds like 3 hours of great music instead of the expected 2 and there is nothing humiliating about a great night out like that. Perhaps they could have worked a little harder or maybe they are starting to let their age show.
February 17th, 2006 02:05 PM
PeerQueer
quote:
jb wrote:
The reason is simple; Bono is a twat.

______

I love twat!

Don't you?????
February 17th, 2006 02:06 PM
speedfreakjive
quote:
jb wrote:
The reason is simple; Bono is a twat.

Do you know him?
Have you met/greeted him?
February 17th, 2006 02:23 PM
PeerQueer Sadly, due to his continueing weight problem, JB neither meets nor greets like he used to...

That being said, he still provides needed levity to the board on occassion, so for that reason, we allow him to hang with us...
February 17th, 2006 02:24 PM
Joey " I love twat!

Don't you????? "

February 17th, 2006 02:27 PM
PeerQueer
quote:
Joey wrote:
" I love twat!

Don't you????? "

______

Joey, that is disgusting!

Please refrain from such vulgarity in all future posts!
February 17th, 2006 02:28 PM
jb At 60 plus years, they simply can't rock as hard as they once did....we are competing against bands decades younger who get air-play. It's an uphill batttle only salvageable based on our legewndary status, the Jagger/Richards mythology, and higher ticket prices. Also thanks to young JC, we filled nearly every venue somehow or another.
February 17th, 2006 02:30 PM
Dan
quote:
jb wrote:
At 60 plus years, they simply can't rock as hard as they once did....we are competing against bands decades younger who get air-play. It's an uphill batttle only salvageable based on our legewndary status, the Jagger/Richards mythology, and higher ticket prices. Also thanks to young JC, we filled nearly every venue somehow or another.

Mythology and legendary status mean nothing to me. Around here, "legends" are a dime a dozen. Show me the rock! And I doubt the Stones see themselves as competitive. If so, they wouldn't leave the house if mythology and legendary status was all they had to go on.
February 17th, 2006 02:34 PM
jb They have put together a very well polished tour which pleases all but us die-hards who know what they were once capable of. I am coming to the realization, as many have often expressed to me, that the idea that they are going to somehow return to Taylor Era form simply is an unrealistic notion. Stones at 60 are still intriging and madening as hell.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)