ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Buenos Aires - February 22, 2006
Alex (Chile), Voodoo (México), Cucho (Perú), Bjornulf (Norway) and Marcelo (Argentina)
http://rocksoff.org/foro
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Rio : jamming with U2 ? Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
February 17th, 2006 11:20 AM
Pierre Just a think but U2 play in São Paulo Estádio do Morumbi....
20 & 21/02 2006...

No U2 show today the 17...
February 17th, 2006 11:21 AM
Joey
quote:
Pierre wrote:
Just a think but U2 play in São Paulo Estádio do Morumbi....
20 & 21/02 2006...

This could be GOOD !!!!!!!

Agreed ?!?!?! ..... Thought So !
February 17th, 2006 11:22 AM
voodoopug
quote:
Pierre wrote:
20 & 21/02 2006...

Sadly, I was at the show last time Bono joined the stones on stage....it was by far the best show I ever seen, but unfortunately that jackass was up there fucking up the words to IORR
February 17th, 2006 11:25 AM
Break The Spell I saw a picture on Bono standing next to Mick, Bono's so out of shape compared to Mick it isn't even funny. Bono don't do much on stage anyway, just bitch about some injustice that he don't really care about and make political speeches about who and what we should vote for. Oh ya, if there's time, maybe "sing" a bit.
February 17th, 2006 11:28 AM
Pierre Just a thing : I'm not a U2 fan lol

February 17th, 2006 11:30 AM
Break The Spell
quote:
Pierre wrote:
Just a thing : I'm not a U2 fan lol

Good to know!! Love the stones collage of pictures and album covers you have.
February 17th, 2006 11:33 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

Sadly, I was at the show last time Bono joined the stones on stage....it was by far the best show I ever seen, but unfortunately that jackass was up there fucking up the words to IORR

Aragon 2002!
great show only spoiled by this twat!
February 17th, 2006 11:37 AM
Rolling Stones Argen
quote:
Pierre wrote:
20 & 21/02 2006...

Impossible, the 19 the Stones will be here in Argentina, the country stone!
February 17th, 2006 11:38 AM
Nellcote I have an image of Keith swinging his gitar at Bono ala Hampton '81, or at least I'm hopeful this would happen...
February 17th, 2006 11:39 AM
voodoopug
quote:
Pierre wrote:
Just a thing : I'm not a U2 fan lol

you are a fine poster!
February 17th, 2006 11:42 AM
voodoopug
quote:
Break The Spell wrote:
I saw a picture on Bono standing next to Mick, Bono's so out of shape compared to Mick it isn't even funny. Bono don't do much on stage anyway, just bitch about some injustice that he don't really care about and make political speeches about who and what we should vote for. Oh ya, if there's time, maybe "sing" a bit.

when the wife and I went to see him (fourth row, left early, too disgusted). For some stupid reason he had some pretty decent stage pressence, and the mindless sheep in the crowd worshipped him....i dont get it....i do know he is not in the same league with Sir Mick!
February 17th, 2006 11:44 AM
jb All real Stones fans hate U2. Sadly, South America/Mexico sales have been much stronger for U2(also Puerto Rico enjoyed the "invited guest" opener equal to or more than Stones).
February 17th, 2006 11:45 AM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:
All real Stones fans hate U2. Sadly, South America/Mexico sales have been much stronger for U2(also Puerto Rico enjoyed the "invited guest" opener equal to or more than Stones).

Latin America used to be where the most animated and enthusiastic fans of the stones were (need proof, listen to Out of Control on No Security!). Sadly, Bono has infiltrated that market as well!
February 17th, 2006 11:46 AM
Lazy Bones
quote:
jb wrote:
All real Stones fans hate U2.

Do all real U2 fans hate the Stones?
February 17th, 2006 11:47 AM
nankerphelge A wise man once said "Bono is a twat"
February 17th, 2006 11:53 AM
Break The Spell
quote:
Lazy Bones wrote:

Do all real U2 fans hate the Stones?

Does U2 have real fans?? It seems they never talk about the music, its always about Bono's message or whatever cause their pushing at the time.
February 17th, 2006 11:59 AM
Gazza
quote:
Break The Spell wrote:

Does U2 have real fans?? It seems they never talk about the music, its always about Bono's message or whatever cause their pushing at the time.

February 17th, 2006 12:01 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Break The Spell wrote:

they used to release decent music (see Joshua Tree), then once it became Bono and his ass kissers (U2)...then it went downhill into this mess we have today...i hate U2 and U2 tribute bands.
February 17th, 2006 12:03 PM
PeerQueer All tribute bands tend to be sad caricatures...
February 17th, 2006 12:04 PM
Joey
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

Aragon ... ?!?!

February 17th, 2006 12:05 PM
speedfreakjive
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
I have an image of Keith swinging his gitar at Bono ala Hampton '81, or at least I'm hopeful this would happen...

That would be hilarious!
Yet another u2 related thread!
If you hate them, why post about them?
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Break The Spell wrote:
It seems they never talk about the music, its always about Bono's message

Bono has a message?????
nanatod "i hate U2 and U2 tribute bands."

So I guess voodoopug that you're not going to see this in Chicago this weekend:

Elevation
Cubby Bear Lounge
1059 W. Addison St.

Tribute to U2.

Feb. 18: 10 p.m.

Price: Free.
[Edited by nanatod]
[Edited by nanatod]
February 17th, 2006 12:09 PM
voodoopug
quote:
nanatod wrote:
"i hate U2 and U2 tribute bands."

So I guess voodoopug that you're not going to see this in Chicago this weekend:

Elevation
Cubby Bear Lounge
1059 W. Addison St.

Tribute to U2.

Feb. 18: 10 p.m.

Price: Free.
[Edited by nanatod]
[Edited by nanatod]

Sadly no....while I respect any local musicians, especially my peers in Chicago as I know how difficult it is...I shall not attend any U2 tribute show.

I shall only see the following tribute acts in chicago:

Hot Rocks
Brain of J (Pearl Jam)
and any other Pearl Jam tribute bands.
February 17th, 2006 12:10 PM
Dan
quote:
speedfreakjive wrote:

That would be hilarious!
Yet another u2 related thread!
If you hate them, why post about them?

A lot of these guys are actually latent U2 fans in denial. Case in point, the guy who actually bought tickets to go see them.

I also don't recall JB actually being able to define "real fan" either.
February 17th, 2006 12:10 PM
speedfreakjive What was a typical setlist for your tribute band Pug?
February 17th, 2006 12:11 PM
Gazza Just a thought

Is there a rivalry between Stones tribute bands and U2 tribute bands as well?

Do the Stones bands feel ridiculously over-competitive and nervous when the U2 bands play in the same town?

Is there an end of year table of highest grossing tribute bands?

Do the Stones tribute bands charge twice as much to see them as the U2 bands do, just so that they can boast that they topped the money-making lists at the end of the year, even though they may have played to less people?

Are there Rolling Stones tribute band websites where every day any mention of a U2 tribute band escalates into an extended outburst of paranoid lunacy?
February 17th, 2006 12:12 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Dan wrote:

A lot of these guys are actually latent U2 fans in denial. Case in point, the guy who actually bought tickets to go see them.

I also don't recall JB actually being able to define "real fan" either.

I went to one show so that I could subjectively evaluate their live act. And more importantly, my wife wanted to go, and with her extreme tolerance of my stones habit, I had no grounds to say no. Thankfully though, i did not have to see Macca with her.. I bought a ticket (fifth row) for her and a friend...i refused to go.
February 17th, 2006 12:13 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Just a thought

Do the Stones bands feel ridiculously over-competitive and nervous when the U2 bands play in the same town?

Do the Stones tribute bands charge twice as much to see them as the U2 bands do, just so that they can boast that they topped the money-making lists at the end of the year, even though they may have played to less people?

Are there Rolling Stones tribute band websites where every day any mention of a U2 tribute band escalates into an extended outburst of paranoid lunacy?

actually there is a rivalvry between any tribute act that feature a very well known band as the high paying festival gigs are usually fought over between them as the local towns love tribute acts (particulalry stones, beatles, u2)
February 17th, 2006 12:13 PM
speedfreakjive
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Just a thought

Exactly, we are caving in to Bono by being aggravated by him.
[Edited by speedfreakjive]
Page: 1 2 3 4
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)