ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Buenos Aires - February 22, 2006
Alex (Chile), Voodoo (México), Cucho (Perú), Bjornulf (Norway) and Marcelo (Argentina)
http://rocksoff.org/foro
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Walk the line...a good movie?? (NSC) Return to archive
February 16th, 2006 05:56 AM
Jumacfly hi there

I plan to see this movie this week end.
God bless Johnny Cash!
Critics are good but you know RO critics are surely far better
so, is it ok? credible? incredible??

thanks in advance for your help
jU
February 16th, 2006 06:54 AM
Break The Spell I liked it, its not a masterpiece or anything, but it does give you a good feel of what the Cash's life was like, good times and bad. The singing by the actors is a lot better than what I expected too.
February 16th, 2006 07:37 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Break The Spell wrote:
I liked it, its not a masterpiece or anything, but it does give you a good feel of what the Cash's life was like, good times and bad. The singing by the actors is a lot better than what I expected too.

thanks a lot!
February 16th, 2006 09:14 AM
Break The Spell
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:

thanks a lot!

Not a problem, hope you enjoy it!!
February 16th, 2006 12:22 PM
Jumping Jack Acting was good, story line and movie so, so.
February 16th, 2006 12:51 PM
glencar It's on DVD in 2 weeks minus two days...
February 16th, 2006 01:22 PM
nanatod "its not a masterpiece or anything"

IMO it is a masterpiece. Like last year's Ray, it tells part of the story of how country music and r&b were fused together in Memphis by musicians from around the southern United States in order to form 1950's rock and roll. Where would we be today without it?

Elvis and the Stones (and even Saint Sway, the Black Crowes) are the soundtrack of our lives.
February 16th, 2006 02:26 PM
PeerQueer J. Cash was one of the last remaining Memphis/Sun musical icons...the film does a very credible job of capturing that moment, his complex personality, and an amazing love story between he and June.

Who's left of that amazing 36-month time period when Sun Studios shook the foundations of world-culture - the impact of which continues to be felt in modern music today?

Jerry Lee???
February 16th, 2006 02:29 PM
nanatod "Who's left of that amazing 36-month time period when Sun Studios shook the foundations of world-culture"

Didn't Ike Turner use to work for or at Sun?

Howlin' Wolf recorded for Sun, so that may mean that Hubert Sumlin was there also, and Hubert still plays live.
February 16th, 2006 02:58 PM
PeerQueer Ike was at Sun?

I had no idea!

What an amazing place/time that must have been...
February 16th, 2006 03:37 PM
Joey
quote:
PeerQueer wrote:
Ike was at Sun?

I had no idea!

What an amazing place/time that must have been...

I like " IKE "

February 16th, 2006 03:43 PM
Break The Spell
quote:
Joey wrote:

I like " IKE "

To hell with Mike, I wanna be like IKE!!
February 16th, 2006 03:48 PM
Joey
quote:
Break The Spell wrote:

To hell with Mike, I wanna be like IKE!!

Eisenhower ?!?!

February 16th, 2006 03:56 PM
Break The Spell
quote:
Joey wrote:

Eisenhower ?!?!

"Be a good soldier and die where ya fell". I wonder if that IKE and Tina's IKE ever got to hang out??
February 16th, 2006 04:06 PM
nanatod "Live Review
18th Annual Chicago Blues Festival
Grant Park - Chicago, IL
June 7-10, 2001
by Dave "Doc" Piltz

A Visit to Blues Heaven On Earth

Chicago is often referred to as the "home of the blues." While the blues wasn't necessarily born in the Windy City, it certainly has done some serious growing up there. The annual Chicago Blues Festival attracts visitors from all over the world and the entire city buzzes with excitement for the four day free event at Grant Park. Additionally, the abundance of concurrent events at clubs all over the city sweetens the pot for blues fans.

The Chicago Blues Festival is the largest free festival in the United States and consistently one of the best that I have been lucky enough to attend. With six stages, an endless variety of food and merchandise vendors, along with booths offering education and information on the blues and blues clubs in the area, the Festival has something for just about everyone. Confirmation of this comes from the fact that over 100,000 people attend the event annually.

Day 2 - Friday, June 8

As if things couldn't get any better, the last two acts at the Petrillo Bandshell just blew me (and everyone else) away. First, Robert Jr. Lockwood did an over-the-top performance for that legendary bluesman and one of the last living links to the mysterious Robert Johnson. This was followed by another legendary performer, Ike Turner, who was as good as I have ever heard him. Performing songs from his latest recording, Here and Now, Turner's show included a special appearance by none other than Pinetop Perkins. This made the performance most memorable, especially when the two men met at center stage at the end of the performance. The two legends would appear together again on Saturday afternoon, giving a performance that was a piano lover's dream. I left the Festival on Friday wondering if things could possibly get any better."

Ike played the next day on a smaller stage, and I was there as well. At the 1986 Chicago Blues Festival, Chuck Berry brought out a special guest to play, Keith Richards.

I wonder what surprises the Mayor's Office of Special Events has in store for us this June!
February 16th, 2006 11:51 PM
gorda Walk the Line is a beautiful movie!

A love story!

Joaquin Phoenix is hot in that movie!

And Reese Silverspoon looks beautiful as a brunette.

There are some sad moments in the movie, but true love triumphs and there is a happy ending!

February 20th, 2006 04:58 AM
Jumacfly hi there!!

I ve seen it this week end!
it s an amazing movie, the 2 actors play great and the way they sing is just perfect.
Reese Whiterspoon got a beautiful voice and Joaquim Phoenix is a very credible Cash.
They both deserve their oscar.
Im now looking for the soundtrack and, of course, for the best records from the man in black

thanks again for the tips my dear RO'ers, you fuckin' rule
February 20th, 2006 06:57 AM
Break The Spell Glad you enjoyed it, I told ya my favorite part was when Joaquim and Resse sang together, I was actually a bit nervous of that part going into it but it did turn out to be a highlight.
February 20th, 2006 07:22 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Break The Spell wrote:
Glad you enjoyed it, I told ya my favorite part was when Joaquim and Resse sang together, I was actually a bit nervous of that part going into it but it did turn out to be a highlight.

i got stripes, stripes around my shoulder
February 20th, 2006 08:02 AM
stonedinaustralia there was a pic in our weekend newspaper which showed that JC was over six foot tall and the actor who played him was at least 6 inches smaller

nevertheless, i look forward to seeing it
February 20th, 2006 08:08 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
stonedinaustralia wrote:
there was a pic in our weekend newspaper which showed that JC was over six foot tall and the actor who played him was at least 6 inches smaller

nevertheless, i look forward to seeing it

there's a scene at a guitar shop in Memphis where you can see a vintage telecaster...it reminded me someone
it s a good movie, music is omnipresent and that s cool!
February 20th, 2006 08:12 AM
Gazza
quote:
PeerQueer wrote:
J. Cash was one of the last remaining Memphis/Sun musical icons...the film does a very credible job of capturing that moment, his complex personality, and an amazing love story between he and June.

Who's left of that amazing 36-month time period when Sun Studios shook the foundations of world-culture - the impact of which continues to be felt in modern music today?

Jerry Lee???

out of the "Million Dollar Quartet" (and throw in The Big O while you're at it), "The Killer" is indeed, sadly, the only one left
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)