ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Buenos Aires - February 22, 2006
Alex (Chile), Voodoo (México), Cucho (Perú), Bjornulf (Norway) and Marcelo (Argentina)
http://rocksoff.org/foro
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: What's the Best '81 SBD? Return to archive Page: 1 2
February 16th, 2006 03:38 AM
Hombre Loco
There are so many SBD shows to choose from on this tour!! How does someone select just 2 or 3? I'd love to hear what y'all think is the best '81 SBD show or shows. I recognize there's sound quality and band performance issues to consider - and probably rare songs + guest artists issues all mixed in too. Still, y'all are the ones who know best so pls lay it on me! Thx
February 16th, 2006 03:51 AM
Jumacfly I ve caught Phoenix, Seattle , Hamtpon and Cedar falls.
Seattle and Hampton are killers.
Cedar Falls got a strange sound , but it s a good performance.
Phoenix got a great sound but too, and got one of the funniest version of "let it bleed" I ve ever heard.
February 16th, 2006 05:19 AM
Zack Hartford is good too.
February 16th, 2006 10:58 AM
voodoopug
quote:
Zack wrote:
Hartford is good too.

i prefer Harford and KC (with Mick Taylor!)
February 16th, 2006 11:01 AM
glencar Philly #1 is my first show so it was a definite must have. HFD sounds very good indeed.
February 16th, 2006 12:57 PM
Flairville There's a 4 disc compilation set of the '81 tour called 'Ride Like The Wind' the majority of it is in stereo and is a brilliant set. I used to have it but it's been misplaced at a drunken party. If anyone's got it and would like to put it on the tracker it would be greatly appreciated!!
February 16th, 2006 01:06 PM
Moonisup let it bleed from phoenix shows a band that's fucking lost in a song! Great!
February 16th, 2006 01:08 PM
Maxlugar Phoenix is the best. Hands down.
February 16th, 2006 01:11 PM
Moonisup
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
Phoenix is the best. Hands down.

that cd is also on the Ride like the Wind box from Rattlesnake
February 16th, 2006 01:26 PM
glencar Wasn't Phoenix where half of Let's Spend The Night Together was filmed?
February 16th, 2006 01:28 PM
Moonisup
quote:
glencar wrote:
Wasn't Phoenix where half of Let's Spend The Night Together was filmed?

yes
February 16th, 2006 02:24 PM
Lazy Bones
quote:
glencar wrote:
Wasn't Phoenix where half of Let's Spend The Night Together was filmed?

Still Life's version of Satisfaction is also from that show.

"Tempe", as many may know it - one of my favourites from '81.
[Edited by Lazy Bones]
February 16th, 2006 02:32 PM
jb I would go with the newly discovered 7 disc set!!!!!!
February 16th, 2006 05:54 PM
Hombre Loco
What's the name of the newly discovered 7-disc set? Better yet, can anyone put it on the tracker?

So far, it seems like Phoenix is almost a concensus gotta have. + who can pass up KC if Mick Taylor's on it? I've heard from many other sources that Hartford (esp. the 2nd night) is excellent - unfortunately, neither Hartford gig is seeded right now. The show I saw was Houston - the Fab T-Birds and ZZTop opened for the Twins. Have y'all heard the story about Top and the Stones?

Speaking of not seeded....several of us are orphaned on "Keep Your Pussies Clean" (practice sessions for the '73 Fall European Tour). I'm stuck at 93.7% - some others are pulling from me but eventually we'll all be stuck there. Can anyone who has the whole thing retorrent it? Once I'm finished, I'll happily stay in the groove so the others can finish theirs also.

"Awright, thank you kindly...."

J
February 16th, 2006 06:11 PM
Lil Brian Boulder? Good question!
February 16th, 2006 06:18 PM
Lil Brian I'd like to hear Rockford, IL.
February 16th, 2006 06:34 PM
Soldatti Kansas, with MT.
February 16th, 2006 07:12 PM
Lil Brian Kemper is near the state line but technically is Missouri. Don't mean to be picky. :-) I don't know if they've ever played in Kansas. If they did, I missed it.
February 17th, 2006 03:17 AM
Jumacfly [quote]Soldatti wrote:
Kansas, with MT

people say we can t heard him on this one.
Is it true?
February 17th, 2006 04:06 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Moonisup wrote:
let it bleed from phoenix shows a band that's fucking lost in a song! Great!

With Jagger on repeat position, LOL!!
" we all need someone we can cream on", they miss the break,the chorus, that s fuc**ing hilarious!
February 17th, 2006 07:21 AM
wisertime Yesterday I listened to Buffalo 09/27/81 with "Tops", that's the worst 1981 show I heard.
I like Hampton and "Run Like The Wind" box.. Must have.
February 17th, 2006 12:42 PM
doo doo doo Dude
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:
[quote]Soldatti wrote:
Kansas, with MT

Is it true?

Not true. He can definitly be heard, just sometimes hard to discern him between Woody & Keith. Love the Taylor/Wood weave on Beast of Burden.
February 17th, 2006 01:10 PM
Maxlugar [quote]doo doo doo Dude wrote:

Not true. He can definitly be heard, just sometimes hard to discern him between Woody & Keith. Love the Taylor/Wood weave on Beast of Burden.

That's true. It takes about three full listens to get it up once you do, it amazing.

Guitar onslaught, indeed.
February 17th, 2006 02:21 PM
Joey
quote:
Lil Brian wrote:
Kemper is near the state line but technically is Missouri. Don't mean to be picky. :-) I don't know if they've ever played in Kansas. If they did, I missed it.

Kemper Arena will soon be History

|
|
|
V

http://www2.sprint.com/mr/cda_pkDetail.do?id=260

February 17th, 2006 02:36 PM
Lil Brian They've been talking about a roof for Arrowhead too.
February 17th, 2006 02:47 PM
jb The newly released 7 disc set plus Philly Street Fighting man are very good....
February 17th, 2006 02:52 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:
[quote]Soldatti wrote:
Kansas, with MT

Is it true?

he is also very good on YCAGWYW and Time is On My Side
February 17th, 2006 03:07 PM
Joey
quote:
Lil Brian wrote:
They've been talking about a roof for Arrowhead too.

Superbowl for Kansas City in 2010 .

February 17th, 2006 03:27 PM
Hombre Loco
What's the name of that new 7d tour comp set? Sounds like it's the one to get. Would anyone be willing to seed it here if they have it?

Also, still looking for some kind soul to reup "Keep Your Pussies Clean" please. I'm still stopped at 93.7% (there's no seed) and there were around 5 or 6 others behind me - once they have what I have, we're all stopped at 93.7! Help pls!

Thx

My trousers keep falling down today. Forget the button - at my age and with my gut, I need a friggin' belt.

J

February 18th, 2006 04:00 AM
marko St.paul
Cedar Falls
Chicago 23.11

3 top notch shows.Also lexinton.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)