ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Buenos Aires - February 22, 2006
Alex (Chile), Voodoo (México), Cucho (Perú), Bjornulf (Norway) and Marcelo (Argentina)
http://rocksoff.org/foro
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Super Bowl: US sales effect Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
February 16th, 2006 11:46 AM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
This is especially depressing:

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/charts/chart_display.jsp?g=Singles&f=The+Billboard+Hot+100

Jaime Foxx "Unpredictable".......................
February 16th, 2006 11:49 AM
Ihavelotsajam To be fair, Four Flicks is the only one among U2 + LZ for which you have to shell out 4 DVDs forth of $$. Not the most welcoming introduction to the Stones-- I'd think, hell what if I hate the first DVD and the subsequent 3? Where's my money?!
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:

Jaime Foxx "Unpredictable".......................

Ihavelotsajam Sorry, ignore.
[Edited by Ihavelotsajam]
February 16th, 2006 11:51 AM
jb I think it was only $29 dollars which was less than LZ and U2's!!!!
February 16th, 2006 11:53 AM
jb
quote:
Joey wrote:

My sources called me at Boca Community Hospital after Brooke was born, and informed me, that incredibly, the audience seemed bored and lackluster when the Stones came on, compared to the dancing in the ailes and great enthusiasm for the opening act-apparently a favorite in Puerto Rico. Can someone confirm or deny this as my source was there, and claimed it was very disappointing . Where we humiliated by the great Common Wealth of PR?

February 16th, 2006 12:02 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Ihavelotsajam wrote:
To be fair, Four Flicks is the only one among U2 + LZ for which you have to shell out 4 DVDs forth of $$. Not the most welcoming introduction to the Stones-- I'd think, hell what if I hate the first DVD and the subsequent 3? Where's my money?!

I purchased 2 copies of Four Flicks (one as a gift) and three copies of ABB (one regular and two special editions, one to give as a gift). I am impressed by both of these releases. Sadly, the Super Bowl did not give us a "Macca/Bono" bump...we simply received a bump similarly to the preston/jagger cock dance.

I am told that Rarities sales actually may have went down as last minute Christmas returns were counted.
February 16th, 2006 12:06 PM
Ihavelotsajam I don't think the Rarities are worth worrying about, really.
February 16th, 2006 12:09 PM
Jumacfly
quote:
Ihavelotsajam wrote:
To be fair, Four Flicks is the only one among U2 + LZ for which you have to shell out 4 DVDs forth of $$. Not the most welcoming introduction to the Stones-- I'd think, hell what if I hate the first DVD and the subsequent 3? Where's my money?!

I have to disagree.
I was proud to introduce the Stones to my friends with the olympia and msg show.
Midnight Rambler , CYHMK, Neighbots, Worried about you, all so cool!
the fantastic energy of the band, the risks taken with the set lists, the documentary, all was quite perfect for me, except the Twick show, that doesn t show them at their best.
2 of my bandmates bought it, and many friends told me how the Stones were powerful for their age.and I was very proud of that,no more wrinkled rockers, just cool as hell grand fathers
February 16th, 2006 12:11 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Ihavelotsajam wrote:
I don't think the Rarities are worth worrying about, really.

Sadly, it is tough to overlook this. They had an opportunity to really cater to the die hard fans. (Pearl Jam did this beautifully with the double disc release of "Lost Dogs"). Especially knowing this would not sell very well, adding some true gems to this release and even making it a double cd was the correct move to make. I fear Jake Cohl was not consulted on this (he will be from here on out as Mick considers him like another son).
February 16th, 2006 12:25 PM
mmdog
quote:
jb wrote:
70, 012 compared to over 500k for U2 and over 900k for LZ!!!!!

JB,

70012 is the catalog number. Four Flicks is certified higher than either of the U2 or Led Zep releases listed there. Look to the right it's 19 times platinum. LZ's is only 10. U2's hasn't reached that yet, but I'm sure it will.
February 16th, 2006 12:37 PM
voodoopug
quote:
mmdog wrote:

JB,

70012 is the catalog number. Four Flicks is certified higher than either of the U2 or Led Zep releases listed there. Look to the right it's 19 times platinum. LZ's is only 10. U2's hasn't reached that yet, but I'm sure it will.

We Win!!! Sadly, Jb has been humiliated. I feel bad for Miami and Dade counties as they must share in this humiliation. I can only hope this news of his incorrect predictions does not reach his collegues as they will have grounds to attack.
February 16th, 2006 12:47 PM
Ihavelotsajam Voodoopug: I mean, since they blew the opportunity with Rarities, no use worrying about the lack of its success now.

Jumacfly: I LOVE Four Flicks, I'm not trashing it in the least, but I don't know whether someone wanting a "taste" of live Stones would immediately dive into 4 DVDs.
It can be disorienting for a lot of people with a short attention span.
February 16th, 2006 12:47 PM
glencar
quote:
mmdog wrote:

JB,

Unbelievable! Good eye. mmdog! Joshy, you have had a tremendous week so this will be overlooked.
February 16th, 2006 01:31 PM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:

Unbelievable! Good eye. mmdog! Joshy, you have had a tremendous week so this will be overlooked.

I have humiliated Brooke Heather!!!!
February 16th, 2006 01:58 PM
Ihavelotsajam
quote:
mmdog wrote:

JB,

Keep in mind the platinum certification thing counts for the amount of CDs or DVDs in the package, though. A double album that sells 2 million CDs gets certified as 4x platinum. I imagine it's the same for multiple DVD box sets. SO, Zep's DVD, which is a 2 DVD set, sold a bit more than the Stones's Flicks, which should have double the platinum certification of Zep (20 mil) because it's double the amount of DVDs in the set. Still, not bad at all.
February 16th, 2006 01:59 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:

I have humiliated Brooke Heather!!!!

Morale in West Palm Beach County is taking a drastic hit due to your poorly researched post. We pride ourselves on ALWAYS being right and 99.54% accurate. Sadly, we must not make another mistake for at least 4 months and 2 days to make up for this set back. We can do it!

Thankfully your wonderful daughter shall not feel this humiliation and will probably spit up on you to show her disgust.
February 16th, 2006 02:04 PM
Break The Spell
quote:
glencar wrote:
This is especially depressing:

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/charts/chart_display.jsp?g=Singles&f=The+Billboard+Hot+100

Wow, that IS depressing, what a crappy list of songs, I need to play some live Little T & A to forget about it...
February 16th, 2006 02:07 PM
jb It's Palm Beach County mensa boy!!!! And I was technically right, LZ and U@ sold more, but just like 40 Licks, we get 4 tgimes the certification b/c of 4 discs!!!! I was correct!!!!
February 16th, 2006 02:18 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:
It's Palm Beach County mensa boy!!!! And I was technically right, LZ and U@ sold more, but just like 40 Licks, we get 4 tgimes the certification b/c of 4 discs!!!! I was correct!!!!

that is better...it takes a truly high level of intelligence to be able to find logic demonstrating how a previously thought incorrect statement is actually correct.

Geography is not on the Mensa exam!
February 16th, 2006 02:20 PM
jb
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

that is better...it takes a truly high level of intelligence to be able to find logic demonstrating how a previously thought incorrect statement is actually correct.

Geography is not on the Mensa exam!

I hope the mix is better than the Rocks-Off mix of Live Licks(still under 59k USA).
February 16th, 2006 02:46 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:

I hope the mix is better than the Rocks-Off mix of Live Licks(still under 59k USA).

the mix was fine there, it was the editing that was humiliating (see salt lake incident)
February 16th, 2006 02:58 PM
Break The Spell
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

the mix was fine there, it was the editing that was humiliating (see salt lake incident)

What happened at the Salt Lake show?? I heard talk about it, just curious as to what went down.
February 16th, 2006 03:16 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Break The Spell wrote:

What happened at the Salt Lake show?? I heard talk about it, just curious as to what went down.

I shall only reply to you as you have given the board an injection of life, as I had vowed to not mention it again.

The Salt Lake incident was when the stones played "Rain Fall Down" live for the AMA's. First off, the audience should have been checked for comatose as most of them were sitting or standing there silently as if they were at a wake. And even worse than that, Mick must have lost his monitor feed, or simply was confused as he began singing/playing his parts about 2 seconds before/after they should have been....making for a dreadful performance, the ending was sloppy at best.

To make matters worse, when they played IORR next, the network cut them off and went to commercial half way through. The Stones and its core of die hard fans were completely humiliated on national TV. Some have not recovered from this (our own JB still has nightmares at times about this)
February 16th, 2006 03:25 PM
Break The Spell
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

I shall only reply to you as you have given the board an injection of life, as I had vowed to not mention it again.

The Salt Lake incident was when the stones played "Rain Fall Down" live for the AMA's. First off, the audience should have been checked for comatose as most of them were sitting or standing there silently as if they were at a wake. And even worse than that, Mick must have lost his monitor feed, or simply was confused as he began singing/playing his parts about 2 seconds before/after they should have been....making for a dreadful performance, the ending was sloppy at best.

To make matters worse, when they played IORR next, the network cut them off and went to commercial half way through. The Stones and its core of die hard fans were completely humiliated on national TV. Some have not recovered from this (our own JB still has nightmares at times about this)

Wow, painful stuff but I'm glad you shared it with me, my eternal respect is granted toward you. I didn't see it simply because I hate award shows and I had to work late that night anyway. I know what you mean about lame ass crowds, the last 2 times I saw them in Columbus the Stones played GREAT but the crowd sucked in every way possible, you'd never guess you were at a rock show. I was really getting into it, singing along to "Sway" and I was actually asked to just sit down and be quiet. It was hard for me to hide my excitement as this was the first time the band ever played that song live, too bad most there didn't even know of its existence!! Even during the warhorses most of the crowd was quiet.
[Edited by Break The Spell]
February 16th, 2006 04:08 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Break The Spell wrote:

Wow, painful stuff but I'm glad you shared it with me, my eternal respect is granted toward you. I didn't see it simply because I hate award shows and I had to work late that night anyway. I know what you mean about lame ass crowds, the last 2 times I saw them in Columbus the Stones played GREAT but the crowd sucked in every way possible, you'd never guess you were at a rock show. I was really getting into it, singing along to "Sway" and I was actually asked to just sit down and be quiet. It was hard for me to hide my excitement as this was the first time the band ever played that song live, too bad most there didn't even know of its existence!! Even during the warhorses most of the crowd was quiet.
[Edited by Break The Spell]

thankfully, with me being from Chicago, the audiences are generally very excited and animated. I usually only travel to the bigger markets to see shows (ie Boston) where the buzz is in the air. I recall going to the 1997 St Louis show and feeling that I may have to perform mouth to mouth on most of the people in my section as I could not confirm they were breathing.
February 16th, 2006 04:09 PM
jb When you say "animated", you mean they applaud when you fell off the stage?
February 16th, 2006 04:12 PM
Break The Spell
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

thankfully, with me being from Chicago, the audiences are generally very excited and animated. I usually only travel to the bigger markets to see shows (ie Boston) where the buzz is in the air. I recall going to the 1997 St Louis show and feeling that I may have to perform mouth to mouth on most of the people in my section as I could not confirm they were breathing.

I know all too well that feeling, why pay top dollar for a great rock concert if you're just going to sit on your ass and blab on the cell phone all night, then get angry when someone is really getting into the show?? You can just stay at home if u want a quiet night with your phone, ya know?? Maybe I'll have to see a show in Chicago or Boston some day, i hear they always get good crowds!!
February 16th, 2006 04:14 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:
When you say "animated", you mean they applaud when you fell off the stage?

when i tripped over the speaker at hte chicago pre show and fell to the ground in a tremendous heap, Starbuck, Fiji, and Glencar were concerned about my well being, and then shared a laugh. I, like Chris Farley and John Belushi, an innovative and can turn my own misfortunes in to top notch entertainment for others. I truly am looking after john and jane public and when I can reach an audience through whichever means, even if it causes me contusions, concussions, or convulsions, I allow their smiles to heal my pain. You know the routine...We make dreams come true....consider us the Jake Cohl's of the message boards!
February 16th, 2006 04:15 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Break The Spell wrote:

I know all too well that feeling, why pay top dollar for a great rock concert if you're just going to sit on your ass and blab on the cell phone all night, then get angry when someone is really getting into the show?? You can just stay at home if u want a quiet night with your phone, ya know?? Maybe I'll have to see a show in Chicago or Boston some day, i hear they always get good crowds!!

I would be honored to buy you a drink
Page: 1 2 3 4
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)