ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Buenos Aires - February 22, 2006
Alex (Chile), Voodoo (México), Cucho (Perú), Bjornulf (Norway) and Marcelo (Argentina)
http://rocksoff.org/foro
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Oh my...more bad taste. Return to archive Page: 1 2
February 16th, 2006 02:38 PM
Lazy Bones And then there's this for originality...

________

"Wild Horses" - Garth Brooks

From a phone booth in Cheyenne
I made a promise to Diane
No more rodeos
I'd gone my last go 'round

The same promise that I made
In San Antone and Santa Fe
But tonight I saddled up
And let her down

Wild horses keep draggin' me away
And I'll lose more than I'm gonna win someday
Wild horses just stay wild
And her heart is all I break

She'll watch me drive around her block
Gettin' courage up to stop
To make her one more promise
That I can't keep

The way I love the rodeo
I guess I should let her go
Before I hurt her more
Than she loves me

[Edited by Lazy Bones]
February 16th, 2006 02:42 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Well Puggy, for inately cool people like me...size doesn't matter at all. We don't judge books by the cover.

It's all about the heart bro.

To me, if you got a big heart, the rest is small change.

we put the "A" in A lister! We are gifted with the ability to read people. How else could we have made so many dreams come true?

Next time you save a mans life who has had a heart attack....please think....one day..this could be my good pal Puggy!
February 16th, 2006 02:55 PM
Break The Spell
quote:
Lazy Bones wrote:
And then there's this for originality...

________

"Wild Horses" - Garth Brooks

From a phone booth in Cheyenne
I made a promise to Diane
No more rodeos
I'd gone my last go 'round

The same promise that I made
In San Antone and Santa Fe
But tonight I saddled up
And let her down

She'll watch me drive around her block
Gettin' courage up to stop
To make her one more promise
That I can't keep

The way I love the rodeo
I guess I should let her go
Before I hurt her more
Than she loves me

[Edited by Lazy Bones]

Yep, ol' Garthy stole Stones lyrics, he also stole the whole swingin' over the audience on a vine thing from David Lee Roth, then stole the smashing guitars thing on stage from The Who. Most people here didn't know any better, they just said "damn that cowboys original, I own ALL his albums". They also "don't get" bands like the Stones sadly.
February 16th, 2006 03:18 PM
Dan
quote:
gorda wrote:

Ha! Ha! Ha!

Did you make that up?

No I didn't make it up at all. I even checked my Geocities page to see if any of my old analog lists were still there (they werent) so I could give the exact date and lineup. I think maybe Redd Kross/Tripping Daisy and 1 other band in 1993.

I know I got a few free CDs there but don't remember if I won any by throwing them in Garth's big fat mouth.
February 16th, 2006 06:21 PM
Soldatti
quote:

Wow, he stole that line. I didnt knew it.
February 17th, 2006 07:04 AM
Break The Spell
quote:
Soldatti wrote:

Wow, he stole that line. I didnt knew it.

Sad thing is, when a lot of people hear that line, they think he's all witty and deep for thinking it up.
February 17th, 2006 10:43 AM
egon is this the guy that smashes up his guitar at "every" live show, or is he the guy that wants to kick the ass of
everyone who is not american?
February 17th, 2006 11:55 AM
Break The Spell
quote:
egon wrote:
is this the guy that smashes up his guitar at "every" live show, or is he the guy that wants to kick the ass of

Hmmm, never knew ol' garthy said that, but coming from that jackass I wouldn't be surprised!! I know he wants to kick the ass of any resturant that don't have a deluxe buffet...
February 17th, 2006 11:58 AM
voodoopug
quote:
egon wrote:
is this the guy that smashes up his guitar at "every" live show, or is he the guy that wants to kick the ass of

he only did it once, but it was broadcast on NBC so he is associated with it...i heard an interview where he admitted it was a dumb idea.
February 17th, 2006 12:41 PM
egon
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

he only did it once, but it was broadcast on NBC so he is associated with it...i heard an interview where he admitted it was a dumb idea.

are we talking about the asskicking?
February 17th, 2006 12:41 PM
voodoopug
quote:
egon wrote:

are we talking about the asskicking?

the guitar smashing
February 17th, 2006 12:42 PM
Break The Spell
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

Its weird he thinks smashing a guitar was a dumb idea, but pimping himself out to Wal*Mart is OK.
February 17th, 2006 12:44 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Break The Spell wrote:

Its weird he thinks smashing a guitar was a dumb idea, but pimping himself out to Wal*Mart is OK.

I can't say I wouldnt do the same thing if that type of money is dangled in front of me. He does have alimony and child support to pay you know!

and really how different was that than the stones pimping themselves out to Best Buy for the Four FLicks DVD
February 17th, 2006 12:46 PM
Break The Spell
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

I can't say I wouldnt do the same thing if that type of money is dangled in front of me. He does have alimony and child support to pay you know!

and really how different was that than the stones pimping themselves out to Best Buy for the Four FLicks DVD

True, but at least they didn't talk about how great Best Buy was in a Best Buy store while stocking the shelves with products, and you didn't see their image all over the store the way you did with Garth. But ya, he's got bills so he needs $$$
February 17th, 2006 12:49 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Break The Spell wrote:

True, but at least they didn't talk about how great Best Buy was in a Best Buy store while stocking the shelves with products, and you didn't see their image all over the store the way you did with Garth. But ya, he's got bills so he needs $$$

gotta disagree with you on this one. I am not saying I agree or disagree with either of them in what they did.

BUt.....when Four Flicks was released, there was a great deal of signage up, the stones were on all the tv's/home theaters, and several commercials of folks in those itchy blue shirts (I was a BB Department Magager while in college!) dancing in the front row of stones shows.
February 17th, 2006 12:52 PM
Break The Spell
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

gotta disagree with you on this one. I am not saying I agree or disagree with either of them in what they did.

BUt.....when Four Flicks was released, there was a great deal of signage up, the stones were on all the tv's/home theaters, and several commercials of folks in those itchy blue shirts (I was a BB Department Magager while in college!) dancing in the front row of stones shows.

Damn, didn't see all that, I got my DVD from ebay so I didn't see what was all up in the store.
February 18th, 2006 11:45 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Lazy Bones wrote:

Wild horses keep draggin' me away[/i]

Hell yeah....drawn and quartered.

February 18th, 2006 12:31 PM
egon
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

the guitar smashing

so who's the other clown?
February 18th, 2006 12:34 PM
CraigP Tripping Daisy... Now there's a band I haven't heard of in ages.
P.S. Garth Brooks makes me sick. Up here, in the north-eastern U.S. we never really hear about him (luckily). I didn't think he was still around.
February 18th, 2006 01:39 PM
Dan
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

Hell yeah....drawn and quartered.

But as far as I know Wild Horses Couldnt Drag Me Away was a saying long before the song. Just like Look What The Cat Dragged In, but that didn't stop the Stones from doing the impossible and recording a song of that title thats actually inferior to the Poison song.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)