ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Buenos Aires - February 22, 2006
Alex (Chile), Voodoo (México), Cucho (Perú), Bjornulf (Norway) and Marcelo (Argentina)
http://rocksoff.org/foro
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Oh my...more bad taste. Return to archive Page: 1 2
February 15th, 2006 06:35 AM
Ten Thousand Motels GARTH BROOKS CHALLENGES ELVIS FOR RECORD

Retired country superstar GARTH BROOKS is just 500,000 album sales away from toppling ELVIS PRESLEY as the best-selling solo artist in American music history.

Thanks to his smash-hit 2005 compilation box set THE LIMITED SERIES, Brooks' latest sales figures have surpassed the 116 million mark - just 500,000 behind Presley.

The latest figures come from the Recording Industry Association of America, which legally could not list his 2005 collection as a specific title for certification. The individual discs sold, however, are being certified.

As a result, Brooks' 1998 album DOUBLE LIVE, which was part of the package, has now been certified 20-times platinum to catch up with SHANIA TWAIN's COME ON OVER, the best-selling country album of all time.

15/02/2006 09:28
contactmusic
February 15th, 2006 06:37 AM
Voodoo Scrounge Oh God
February 15th, 2006 08:08 AM
Gazza how the fuck can this talentless dweeb - who has hardly sold a record in years and who is almost solely responsible for destroying country music - outsell Elvis??

Thankfully sales in the rest of the world will mean that he'll never catch up

Stev Earle was right - Garth Brooks IS the Anti-Christ
February 15th, 2006 08:11 AM
Nellcote Problem is, chicks dig him.
February 15th, 2006 08:15 AM
Phog Here in the States Garth did some comercial spots for Wal-Mart over the holiday season. What a piece of shit he is. I would like to salute the rest of the world for not succumbing to this fraud.
February 15th, 2006 08:33 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Phog wrote:
Here in the States Garth did some comercial spots for Wal-Mart over the holiday season. What a piece of shit he is. I would like to salute the rest of the world for not succumbing to this fraud.

If you could keep this moron out of our frontiers that would be cool, definitely
We got to deal with the Olsen sisters and Kayne West,and that's enough!

February 15th, 2006 08:37 AM
lotsajizz sad
February 15th, 2006 09:05 AM
Break The Spell Garth Brooks may be the best selling artist of all time here in the states?? Wow, I guess this is part of the reason the rest of the world hates us so much, can't blame 'em!! And yes, Steve Earle IS right, ol' Garthy is the devil incarnate.
[Edited by Break The Spell]
February 15th, 2006 10:28 AM
Gazza I think Steve Earle's quote was :

“He really can’t carry a tune in a bucket ... He’s one of the worst singers I’ve ever heard in my life. His records really need a lot of work. He's like the anti-Christ. I think Garth Brooks is kind of evil ... just because he sucks so much energy out of the industry.But you know, that’s country music and I don’t have anything to do with what they call country music.”

He loves him really, you know
February 15th, 2006 11:28 AM
Break The Spell
quote:
Gazza wrote:
I think Steve Earle's quote was :

“He really can’t carry a tune in a bucket ... He’s one of the worst singers I’ve ever heard in my life. His records really need a lot of work. He's like the anti-Christ. I think Garth Brooks is kind of evil ... just because he sucks so much energy out of the industry.But you know, that’s country music and I don’t have anything to do with what they call country music.”

He loves him really, you know

It would be kinda funny to see Steve in those Wal*Mart holiday ads, chessy fake smile and all. It's amazing that someone who's career was so short (10 or so years of touring and recording) did so much damage to a once great genre. Just look what passes for country now. Drum machines, syncronized background dancers and guest rappers are not country!!
February 15th, 2006 01:11 PM
voodoopug Garth is a brilliant promotional machine (or he has a staff of brilliance). He was able to keep hiself relevant for a very long time in a very unstable country music industry. While many hate him, 8%0% of the artists in country music now would not have an outlet or an audience in the US without Garth.

Also, for those who have seen him perform live, his level of charisma (albiet probably fake sincerity) is very high. He relates to many of the folks out there by seeming to be a "regular" guy:

1. Divorced
2. Fighting weight problems
3. He has children
4. He lived the American dream (built himself an amazing/profitable empire)

Hate him or not, to steal a term from professional wrestling announcer, Jim Ross, he "puts an ass every 18 inches" when he performs live.
February 15th, 2006 01:15 PM
pdog Steve Earle's left testicle was declared The Milky Way's tenth planet in 1978. His right testicle remains the Duke of The Thirteenth Republic of South Greenwich.
February 15th, 2006 01:27 PM
Dan speaking of bad taste:

DONNY OSMOND
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND:CLYDE AUDITORIUM
10/1-2/05
5,776 (2925) 98%
308,733 29.50
February 15th, 2006 01:36 PM
polksalad69 if garf is the devil what does that make Kenny Chesney?
February 15th, 2006 01:42 PM
Break The Spell
quote:
polksalad69 wrote:
if garf is the devil what does that make Kenny Chesney?

Pretender to the throne of darkness. Usurp Garthy's throne...he may try, but when ol' Garth is offered 999 million dollars and a 33% share in Wal*Mart's profits for a "comeback" tour in 2012, he'll squash the former Mr. Zwellwegger's quest for the throne of chaos.
February 15th, 2006 01:43 PM
Paranoid_Android All this crap isn't even COUNTRY...it's just pop dribble w/ a twang!!!

HANK WILLIAMS...PATSY CLINE...and the like...Those are country artists!!!
February 15th, 2006 01:53 PM
Break The Spell
quote:
Paranoid_Android wrote:
All this crap isn't even COUNTRY...it's just pop dribble w/ a twang!!!

HANK WILLIAMS...PATSY CLINE...and the like...Those are country artists!!!

Don't forget Willie, Waylon, Merle and the man in black.
February 15th, 2006 02:05 PM
Dan
quote:
pdog wrote:
Steve Earle's left testicle was declared The Milky Way's tenth planet in 1978. His right testicle remains the Duke of The Thirteenth Republic of South Greenwich.

STEVE EARLE
MELBOURNE,AUSTRALIA:MELBOURNE CONCERT HALL
11/30/05
316 (750) 42%
14,890 61.00
February 15th, 2006 06:19 PM
Soldatti Brooks' latest box set sold shitloads of copies at Waltmart, I heard more than 2 million.
February 15th, 2006 06:35 PM
Dan I have never really noticed enough of Garth Brooks to form any sort of opinion. I am quite adept of ignoring huge swaths of pop culture which is one of the reason why things such as the Timberlake incident don't really have much of an effect on me.

However, I remember he threw a hissy fit over used CDs once Wherehouse started selling them.

About that time I went to some cheap gig (Redd Kross & others) at UCLA where lots of companies had booths, free samples (Jolt Cola!) etc.

Wherehouse had a booth with a life size cardboard cutout of Garth Brooks. He had a huge square hole cut at his mouth. People could throw used Garth Brooks CDs at his face and if they went in his mouth they would win a good CD.
February 15th, 2006 08:19 PM
WhenTheWhipComesDown YUCK Garth Brooks, how sickening. Worse there is Bobby
Sherman, Donny Osmond, and Jon Bon Jovi and U2 whom I
have never paid any attention to at all.

GIVE ME THE ROLLING STONES ANYTIME!!
February 15th, 2006 10:33 PM
Sir Stonesalot >if garf is the devil what does that make Kenny Chesney?<

Well, to quote Steve Earle again, Kenny Chesney would be..."The Devil's Right Hand".
February 15th, 2006 10:36 PM
glencar Do the Chris Gaines album sales count in this whole shebang?
February 15th, 2006 10:39 PM
Sir Stonesalot >Do the Chris Gaines album sales count in this whole shebang?<

Do you really want an answer to that question? LOL!
February 15th, 2006 10:48 PM
glencar Nah! The whole thing makes me sick sick sick.
February 16th, 2006 12:15 AM
gorda
quote:
Dan wrote:
I have never really noticed enough of Garth Brooks to form any sort of opinion. I am quite adept of ignoring huge swaths of pop culture which is one of the reason why things such as the Timberlake incident don't really have much of an effect on me.

However, I remember he threw a hissy fit over used CDs once Wherehouse started selling them.

About that time I went to some cheap gig (Redd Kross & others) at UCLA where lots of companies had booths, free samples (Jolt Cola!) etc.

Wherehouse had a booth with a life size cardboard cutout of Garth Brooks. He had a huge square hole cut at his mouth. People could throw used Garth Brooks CDs at his face and if they went in his mouth they would win a good CD.

Ha! Ha! Ha!

Did you make that up?
February 16th, 2006 01:06 AM
MrPleasant I thought this was about FRANK SINATRA. Oy!!
February 16th, 2006 12:04 PM
Ihavelotsajam
quote:
voodoopug wrote:
2. Fighting weight problems

For some reason, this one cracked me up, and had me imagining the Stones raking up pounds and selling more CDs.
February 16th, 2006 12:09 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Ihavelotsajam wrote:

For some reason, this one cracked me up, and had me imagining the Stones raking up pounds and selling more CDs.

Sadly, this is true. MOst American's are out of shape and/or obese (myself included, but down 45lbs since last March...and going down baby!). People generally are jealous of the pinup models and pissed off at the beanpoles (see Nicole Ritchie, Olsen Twins, Lohan, and other freaks) but are happy with the success of big/tall men. John Candy, Chris Farley, and John Belushi were beloved by America even though two of them had very public substance abuse problems. (Also see Ruben Studdard).
February 16th, 2006 02:05 PM
Sir Stonesalot Well Puggy, for inately cool people like me...size doesn't matter at all. We don't judge books by the cover.

It's all about the heart bro.

To me, if you got a big heart, the rest is small change.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)