ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Buenos Aires - February 22, 2006
Alex (Chile), Voodoo (México), Cucho (Perú), Bjornulf (Norway) and Marcelo (Argentina)
http://rocksoff.org/foro
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Anyone want to front Van Halen? Return to archive Page: 1 2
February 13th, 2006 10:12 PM
Ten Thousand Motels VAN HALEN TO BE NEXT REALITY ROCK STARS?

Rock group VAN HALEN will be the next big reality stars when they look for their new lead singer on reality talent show ROCK STAR: THE SERIES.

The rockers will be following in the footsteps of INXS, who used the reality TV contest to find their new frontman, JD FORTUNE.

INXS is now making a comeback with a new hit album and a sold-out tour.

Last October (05) Van Halen denied it would use the competition to find a new lead singer to replace former frontman SAMMY HAGAR, but have changed their tune after seeing the success of the new look INXS.

Van Halen publicist LARRY SOLTERS says, "I'm not denying it."

13/02/2006 21:22

February 13th, 2006 10:14 PM
speedfreakjive No way, Gene Simmons is bad enough!
February 13th, 2006 10:19 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Well they could get that guy who used to front Creed. I think he's out of work. Either that or washing dishes somewhere.
February 13th, 2006 10:21 PM
speedfreakjive Creed are w*nk.
the best nu-metal band were The Deftones
February 13th, 2006 10:22 PM
stonedinaustralia Ian Billen should audition - after all, singing a few dodgy "rock" tunes is hardly rocket surgery - i mean david lee roth could do it - (res ipsa loquitor)
February 13th, 2006 10:24 PM
speedfreakjive Halen is actually a great guitarist. Better than Lee Roth is/was at singing.
February 13th, 2006 10:31 PM
RollingstonesUSA Roger Daltry!
February 13th, 2006 10:35 PM
CraigP No one.
February 13th, 2006 10:42 PM
sammy davis jr. No....I don't sing like a flaming homo.
February 13th, 2006 10:47 PM
pdog Kill me now!
February 13th, 2006 11:21 PM
Larry Dallas The best singer in the group has always been the bass player. They should just annoint him the lead singer and tour as a power trio. Bringing in a new Cherone-like wannabe we just ruin them even further. I'm sorry, but INXS does not compare to classic Van Halen. Isn't this show reserved for the likes of the Spin Doctors or something like that? I think Hall and Oates should be on the next season of Rock Star auditioning new singers. They could use the publicity.
February 13th, 2006 11:23 PM
Ihavelotsajam this would probably make better reality TV watching than the INXS bores.
February 13th, 2006 11:37 PM
Riffhard The hell with Van Halen! I have always hated that band. "Oh,but Riffy Eddie is so talented! How can you not see that!?" Fuck EVH!! His stupid finger runs up and down the fretboard never moved me. His playing never had any soul to it. Clapton had a great quote when he was asked about Eddie's playing years ago. He said,"He's great if you like guitar aerobics." Well that about sums it up. He,Yengvie Malmsteen,Joe Satriani,Steve Vai,all those fucks are nothing more than guitar gunslingers with little or no heart and soul in their playing.

Good riddance to bad rubbish I say. You talk about killing your legacy!?!? Could you do any more to destroy your legacy than trying to jump start your carreer by resorting to some stupid reality show?!

Oh how the mighty have fallen.

Riffy
February 13th, 2006 11:50 PM
malja316 I heard this rumor awhile back and nearly destroyed my apartment after I heard this. I hope they decide not to do this. They will certianly be disappointing all their hardcore fans, especially me! Didnt they learn their lesson with the VH3 album with Gary Cherone!!!

Face it, get DLR or Sammy back in or just call it a day...Eddie better get off the booze real soon, its definitely killing the bands career right now!

I hope they dont stoop so low and do this CBS show...
February 14th, 2006 08:07 AM
egon it's all turning to shit.
next, the stones will be on days of our lives.
February 14th, 2006 08:14 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
speedfreakjive wrote:
Creed are w*nk.
the best nu-metal band were The Deftones

no one surpassed RATM
February 14th, 2006 08:16 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
egon wrote:
it's all turning to shit.
next, the stones will be on days of our lives.

you shall be greeted!!
February 14th, 2006 08:28 AM
Shawn20 Hey, I'm all for it, as long as David Lee Roth wins. This group sure has left a lot of money on the table. I fit and sober Roth would be a massive tour with VH. I saw them open for the Stones twice...both great shows.
February 14th, 2006 08:31 AM
corgi37 I love 5150, ou812 & to some extent, F.U.C.K.

But i 100% agree with Riffhard. How hilarious those candy assed "virtuosos" looked once grunge hit. How ridiculous. Vai is my particular hated "axe-man". Malmsteen a woeful 2nd.

Take away the delay, distortion, chorus, flanger, phaser, reverb & wah pedals and they are all rather dull.

Of course the classic wanker is Page and his double neck. Fucking gimmicky shit to amaze the pimply ones.
February 14th, 2006 08:32 AM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
Shawn20 wrote:
Hey, I'm all for it, as long as David Lee Roth wins. This group sure has left a lot of money on the table. I fit and sober Roth would be a massive tour with VH. I saw them open for the Stones twice...both great shows.

david lee roth is an irredeemable joke imho and lots of others, i am sure...
February 14th, 2006 09:05 AM
Maxlugar [quote]corgi37 wrote:
Take away the delay, distortion, chorus, flanger, phaser, reverb & wah pedals and they are all rather dull.

I actually appreciate Eddie's riffing way more than his leads.

Van Halen, the Roth years, had some really great riffs.

Beautiful Girls comes to mind... and Atomic Punk... I could go on but I've gotta take a leak.
February 14th, 2006 09:15 AM
nanatod "no one surpassed RATM"

Jumacfly, you are absolutely right, although I've come to the parade rather late on RATM (ie. after they've gone). Their music makes more sense now, then during the early 1990's. RATM are one of the few bands that I've never seen live, that I regret missing, even more than Nirvana. Audioslave, while not bad, is no substitute for RATM.
February 14th, 2006 10:34 AM
Lethargy
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
VAN HALEN TO BE NEXT REALITY ROCK STARS?

Rock group VAN HALEN will be the next big reality stars when they look for their new lead singer on reality talent show ROCK STAR: THE SERIES.

The rockers will be following in the footsteps of INXS, who used the reality TV contest to find their new frontman, JD FORTUNE.

INXS is now making a comeback with a new hit album and a sold-out tour.

Last October (05) Van Halen denied it would use the competition to find a new lead singer to replace former frontman SAMMY HAGAR, but have changed their tune after seeing the success of the new look INXS.

Van Halen publicist LARRY SOLTERS says, "I'm not denying it."

13/02/2006 21:22

Interesting. I thought Van Halen and Hagar were reunited and happy again. Didn't they tour with Hagar last year? Guess that already fell apart.
February 14th, 2006 10:37 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
nanatod wrote:
"no one surpassed RATM"

Jumacfly, you are absolutely right, although I've come to the parade rather late on RATM (ie. after they've gone). Their music makes more sense now, then during the early 1990's. RATM are one of the few bands that I've never seen live, that I regret missing, even more than Nirvana. Audioslave, while not bad, is no substitute for RATM.

you are definitely a man of wealth and taste
Audioslave is ok but....I was a big fan of Cornell in Soundgarden and of course of RATM but and I m not convinced by their "partnership"...I miss Zach, what a singer!
February 14th, 2006 10:38 AM
voodoopug Everytime I feel that the Stones humiliate themselves...other acts come to the rescue and reach new levels of humiliation.

Perhaps the winner of American Idol can get this gig....I mean come on...I would pay to see Ruben Studdard front Van Halen (ie swinging on the rope like DL Roth!!)
February 14th, 2006 11:50 AM
Saint Sway
quote:
voodoopug wrote:
Everytime I feel that the Stones humiliate themselves...other acts come to the rescue and reach new levels of humiliation.

so true!!

sure Salt Lake was a disgrace. But the Stones were great at the SB. And kicking ass wherever they go.

meanwhile...

• Macca raps "Yesterday" w/JayZ

• Van Halen does a reality show

• David Lee Roth is a disc jockey

• Sly Stone shows the world why crack is whack.

• Creed guy gets loopy from too many wine coolers

• and Bono continues to open his pie hole...

man, just sit back and enjoy!
February 14th, 2006 12:37 PM
Stones When/Why did Hagar leave?
February 14th, 2006 12:46 PM
doo doo doo Dude the Mighty Van Halen have fallen indeed. Since Roth left in '85 the Van Halen story has become a tragedy which gets worse and worse with each passing year. This is the latest shocker.

If it does happen (which I'm not 100% it will), watching alcoholic Eddie judging these kids with his cancer stricken half tongue slur would be must-see TV for me.
February 14th, 2006 01:00 PM
Break The Spell If the singer is anyone other than Roth, I'm sure the vast majority of people would care less. The Van Hagar tour of '04 was nice, but no new album came from it, just three new tunes on a best of CD. And Sammy has said he pretty much don't want to work with Eddie again, he's way more into drinking than making music, so Sammy got bored and left them again. Their only hope = get Eddie sober, and put out a killer new album with Roth. If they do the INXS rock star thing, they'll be seen as a joke and it will truly be over with
February 14th, 2006 02:23 PM
Candace Youngblood
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:
Audioslave is ok but....I was a big fan of Cornell in Soundgarden and of course of RATM but and I m not convinced by their "partnership"...I miss Zach, what a singer!

Me, too. The first Audioslave album was okay. I really liked it at first because I missed Tom Morello so much. The second album isn't too good. And Cornell is such a mess.

What is Zach up to now? Running for office?
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)