ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Three of a perfect four by Stoned in Australia
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Anybody snowed in??? Return to archive Page: 1 2
02-17-03 04:09 PM
Jaxx yeah, you southerns have a tough time dealing with your random snow storms. dallas tx freaks on an inch but it gives those folks a chance to flaunt their furs... we coloradoans expect it as well as anticipate it, so we're prepared.
02-17-03 04:20 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy Mmmm... it's still a-snowin'...

Aaaaaaaaaaaannnnnd...

SNOW DAY TOMORROW!

I hope I hope I hope...

-tSYX --- Whoo whoo!
02-17-03 04:23 PM
Factory Girl We're having a snow day tomorrow...rotfl. I wish that I had bought more beer. Beer consumption must not be underestimated.
02-17-03 04:46 PM
Martha Hey there Jaxx,

I know Colorado has been having some major problems with drought..how long has that been going on now..well over a year, right???

We Ohioans just got non-stop precipitation in the form of sleet, freezing rain and snow and it going to warm up and RAIN for days on end as the week progresses. Eeeeek!

Wish we could share some of that sloppy, sloshy wetness with your lovely state.

LadyJane..I don't know how much of a difference there is between Buffalo and Lockport in terms of annual snowfall..I just know it's more than I want to deal with on any given year!

Stay warm and off those icy snowy roads EVERYONE!

JB..please soak up a half an hour of warm sunshine each day on my behalf....and I'm certain you will be blessed beyond your wildest imagination for being so self-less and sweet to me!

"He was tan before...and after, everyone."
02-17-03 04:56 PM
lonecrapshooter snow all over MAN-hattan...thank God for the HBO replay though!!!
02-17-03 06:40 PM
glencar Damn! It's still snowing here. It'll be 24 hours straight if it lasts just a bit longer. I don't have a snow blower this year (I bet that there'd be little snow this year!) and every time I shovel it away the plows shove it back on. I don't do chiba but I might grab a Heinekin.
02-17-03 09:43 PM
Maxmeister [quote]LadyJane wrote:
I don't mean to laugh, but HA HA HA HA!!!! WELCOME TO MY WORLD!! Now you all can appreciate life in Buffalo, New York! The storm missed us! We're actually having a heatwave--it's gonna hit 20 today!! Everyone to the beach!!

It's many a year since I experienced a winter in western NY. I grew up in Olean and don't miss a second of the long winter season. Although, I do have to put up with the extreme on the other end of the spectrum for about 4 months. But it doesn't hinder mobility, travel plans and most outdoor activities.
I will admit that June, July, Aug. Sept. and Oct. are great in that area.
Actually, now that I've given it some thought, a few days snowed in with some good Stones boots, good supply of Heineken, a good movie or two sounds quite good at the moment.
Hibernation can be a good thing!
Everyone stay safe and stay warm.

Rick

02-17-03 10:19 PM
Maxmeister [quote]glencar wrote: but I might grab a Heinekin.

That sounds like a well thought out plan of action to me.

Heineken and some Stones makes for good hibernation!

Rick
02-17-03 10:22 PM
JaggaRichards wolf puss keeps you warm!
02-18-03 12:56 AM
Sir Stonesalot >wolf puss keeps you warm!<

Yeah, but it also gets caught in your teeth.
02-18-03 05:35 AM
luxury1 at least you can floss with it--
02-18-03 07:18 AM
throbby Too bad I can't use it to help move this FOUR FOOT PILE OF FUCKING SNOW at the end of my driveway!
02-18-03 07:26 AM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy
quote:
throbby wrote:
Too bad I can't use it to help move this FOUR FOOT PILE OF FUCKING SNOW at the end of my driveway!

You can't?

-tSYX --- Ev'rybody... needs somebody to love...
02-18-03 07:34 AM
glencar I keep shoveling the bottom of the driveway & the asshole plows keep filling it in again! LOL Good thing I got another snow day.j
02-18-03 10:39 AM
scope Damn, Long Island got hammered. I know what you mean Glencar. I live on a dead end street that didn't see a plow until early this morning. Needless to say, I had to shovel out a 5 foot pile of snow to get out of the driveway this morning. I unfortunately didn't get another snow day out of this.

Did anyone else notice that HBO ran another showing yesterday afternoon? It worked out great for me because I'm in the middle of renovations at home and the stereo is not yet re-connected. I was wondering how I was gonna get through the afternoon. A little shoveling, a few cocktails and the Stones. Worked for me!
02-18-03 10:47 AM
jb Hey Scope...another scorcher here today...mid 80's and sunny....Bring the tanning oil when you visit!
02-18-03 11:01 AM
scope
quote:
jb wrote:
Hey Scope...another scorcher here today...mid 80's and sunny....Bring the tanning oil when you visit!

Man does that sound inviting. It's still snowing here today!
02-18-03 02:24 PM
throbby setting the scene:

throbby hunched over his keyboard, his heart pumping louder than a big bass drum, Too Much Blood thumping out of the speakers. This is the fourth day he's been snowbound with the wife and three boys under ten. His fingers are maniacally pounding the keyboard, drool beginning to ooze out of the corner of his mouth...all work and no play...all work and no play...all work and no play...SNAP! The music stops, and as he is startled with the sudden quiet he hears a sharp, shrill voice,
"You've got time for the fucking computer, you know we need firewood".
He slowly rises from the chair with eyes glazed over, steps outside and locates the axe...firewood...yes...firewood indeed!

Funny the things you think about holding a shovel in knee deep snow with the sudden realization that the wife decided to park her car as far in the driveway as she could.
02-18-03 02:31 PM
telecaster
quote:
throbby wrote:
setting the scene:

throbby hunched over his keyboard, his heart pumping louder than a big bass drum, Too Much Blood thumping out of the speakers. This is the fourth day he's been snowbound with the wife and three boys under ten. His fingers are maniacally pounding the keyboard, drool beginning to ooze out of the corner of his mouth...all work and no play...all work and no play...all work and no play...SNAP! The music stops, and as he is startled with the sudden quiet he hears a sharp, shrill voice,
"You've got time for the fucking computer, you know we need firewood".
He slowly rises from the chair with eyes glazed over, steps outside and locates the axe...firewood...yes...firewood indeed!

Funny the things you think about holding a shovel in knee deep snow with the sudden realization that the wife decided to park her car as far in the driveway as she could.

Whatever you do don't watch "The Shining" anytime soon
Page: 1 2

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST