ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Three of a perfect four by Stoned in Australia
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Anybody snowed in??? Return to archive Page: 1 2
02-17-03 07:43 AM
Boomhauer Anyone.....anyone...

02-17-03 09:00 AM
luxury1 YES_--with the whole famn damily--looks like for a couple of days too.
02-17-03 09:41 AM
throbby Yeah me too. This is really beginning to tire me. Surely we've had enough snow!
[Edited by throbby]
02-17-03 09:42 AM
egon 10�c, blue skies; nope!
02-17-03 10:11 AM
Boomhauer
quote:
luxury1 wrote:
YES_--with the whole famn damily--looks like for a couple of days too.

"It show been a cold, cold wintah...yo' feet been draggin' cross' the groun'..."

That bites, Luxy! Here in Indiana, we missed the big storm. Just south of us some of the cities got 8-10 inches.

--------------------------------------------------------

Steely:

What the hell happened in the night club in Chicago?
02-17-03 10:19 AM
Riffhard Here on the Jersey Shore we've got 19 inches since last night and it's still coming down! It's sucks big time b/c I'm out of beer! I think I'll be doing the trek to the local pub and get some package goods. Now,if only I can find those damn snow shoes!

Riffhard
02-17-03 10:39 AM
luxury1 Well, I just lit my Revitalization incense, loaded the CD player with all my faves, hit shuffle, and got Mick Taylor with Till the Next Goodbye. Yeah, that works.
02-17-03 10:54 AM
Martha Reporting weather conditions from Wilmington, Ohio.

Yeah..snowed-in freezing rained-in sleeted-in and last night a lot more snow got dumped on top of that and it's still snowing at 11:00 am...I've been home since Friday afternoon.

I ran out on Friday morning and got us stocked-up with some Oscar nominated movies ("About a Boy" excellent screenplay very refreshing film..not predictible, up for best adapted screenplay category..anyone out there senn this one?)...and food to get us through "the worst" of it.

Since we were prepared and were fortunate not to have the electricity go out on us..we have been catching up on house stuff and relaxing..of course..we don't have kids...so that is pretty doable. I like it when we get snowed in. It will be raining and warming up to almost 50 by Wednesday...here come the floodgates of hell Ronnie!

Just to the south of us got hit hard with a lot of freezing rain..power outages galore, etc. We were under a level 3 emergency as of last night..I haven't checked what it is today yet. No cars on the road though that's for sure.

Stay warm and hang in there cabin-fevered friends.
02-17-03 11:05 AM
Nellcote Here in the People's Republic Of Massachusetts, otherwise known as the Aruba of the North, It's snowing furiously!
Hey, WTF, it's Wintah! Bring it On!
Wintah, are you out theyah?
02-17-03 11:09 AM
LadyJane I don't mean to laugh, but HA HA HA HA!!!! WELCOME TO MY WORLD!! Now you all can appreciate life in Buffalo, New York! The storm missed us! We're actually having a heatwave--it's gonna hit 20 today!! Everyone to the beach!! So here's what you do:

--Don't go out if you don't have to.
--Be careful shoveling snow!! It's a major pain in the ass and if it's windy the snow will be back in an hour, so why bother.
--If you must drive, drive slowly. People freak out and act like idiots!! The key to maneuvering the roads is slow speed!! If you hit a patch of ice, don't panic. Just steer into the slide, DON'T jerk the steering wheel in the opposite direction.
--Keep your hands and ears covered when outside.
--Use your fireplace, if you are lucky to have one. If not, try candles. They make you feel warm.
--You don't have to go anywhere so break out the alcohol. Brandy is an excellent choice!
--If you have power, pop in a Stones CD, turn on the computer and spend the day at Rocks Off.

Hope you all stay warm and safe!!

LadyJ.

02-17-03 12:12 PM
nankerphelge Goddam -- I haven't dealt with this much snow in years!
Funniest damn thing ya ever seen is a buncha Virginians with anything over 6 inches of snow!

In '96 the schools were closed for a week and 2-hour delayed for the week after! This one will paralyze the area for a while. We got about a foot and then it switched to sleet leaving a crusty 2 inches on top!! My deck drifted up about 2 feet deep and I'm afraid it is gonna fall off the back of the house!!

I have plenty of booze, chiba, Stones and wood to ride it out!

And be sure to check on your eldery neighbors people -- they have a difficult time with the snow, they get flustered, and you can snatch their beer easier!

02-17-03 12:16 PM
luxury1 Gee, for a moment I thought you were getting all serious on us,nank.. ha-- that was funny.
02-17-03 12:18 PM
nankerphelge You know better than that!
02-17-03 12:19 PM
throbby nankerphelge wrote:

I have plenty of booze, chiba, Stones and wood to ride it out!

I got the Stones and the wood, little shy on the other two. Damn! I wish you were my next door neighbor.
02-17-03 12:21 PM
Nellcote I got the turkey and the stuffing too
I'll even save a little bit for you.....
02-17-03 12:48 PM
glencar Snowed in here on the isle of Long. We're up to 15 inches. I've shoveled twice so I guess I'll be doing it one more time. I lent all my great Stones DVDs out to someone so I'm stuck with "The Matrix" which isn't a bad option.
02-17-03 01:12 PM
Factory Girl Yes, I'm snowed in. This area just does not deal well with snow. Everything shuts down. The state and local governments don't know what to do with the snow-they just move it from side to side.
02-17-03 01:30 PM
Martha Hey Ladyj...my husband hails from Lockport NY...where the snow doesn't end for months at a time. I told him in no uncertain terms I ain't moving to his neck of the woods!

This Martha gets cold when the weather's warm..no body fat..and getting older just don't cut it Ronnie!

I'm all set with my numerous Stones CD's and boots..chiba..excellent grade and good food. Life is good!

Very good indeed.

Blessings to all!
02-17-03 01:42 PM
Sir Stonesalot 22 inches in my front yard. And still coming down. Winds are to pick up tonight...what a mess that will be. I can easily see 6 foot drifts in my future.

Still, gotta go to work at 4PM.

Thank goodness for snowblowers and 4 wheel drive.

Everybody, stay warm, stay safe, stay home.

See you tomorrow.
SS
02-17-03 01:47 PM
telecaster Something to cheer up the snowbound

http://citycams.co.honolulu.hi.us/
02-17-03 01:50 PM
throbby Thanks telecaster, right now those photos seem like they're from another planet!
02-17-03 02:43 PM
jb 80 and humid...my tan is almost George Hamilton like!!!
02-17-03 03:00 PM
Riffhard Damn,right about now I wish I still lived in Boca too Josh! I lived between Dixie and Federal on 2nd Ave. About a mile away from Mizner. Hey,Josh do you ever go to the Alcopoco Grill? I used to live at that bar.

Riffhard
02-17-03 03:10 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat No snow in Holland!
I think minus 5 deg. Celsius by now (9 pm)
02-17-03 03:28 PM
jb Hello Riff.. I've been in Boca since 93 at Woodfiled Country club on Yamoto road....Mizner Park is really nice..they also built an Amphitheater there now...I remeber the bar you are referring to....but I have never been there...They have a great new mall across from FAU on Glades with many fine restaurants and shops....Florida is a little boring, but a easy lifestyle and great weather....take care and please be advised that I, a liberal Democrat, support George W. 100% on the war on terror and I am ashamed of the protests that many of my left leaning friends have participated in....I may very well vote for Bush next time if the Democrats don't show some guts!
[Edited by jb]
02-17-03 03:32 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
jb wrote:
I may very well vote for Bush next time if the Democrats don't show some guts!
[Edited by jb]

Vote for Bush? I wouldn't vote for Bush even after drinking a bottle of wodka.
02-17-03 03:43 PM
LadyJane
quote:
Martha wrote:
Hey Ladyj...my husband hails from Lockport NY...where the snow doesn't end for months at a time. I told him in no uncertain terms I ain't moving to his neck of the woods!

Actually Martha, Lockport is North of the city and doesn't get hit as bad as the areas South of Buffalo. Anyway, I should have known better than to gloat in my prior post. Good old Mother Nature just can't give us a break. It's snowing and blowing here and the roads suck!! I just had to heed my own advice when the car starting swerving! Oh there goes the ticker on the TV--Winter Weather Advisory. What else is new??

LadyJ.
02-17-03 03:49 PM
littleredrooster LJ,
I promise!
NO snow in Buffalo jokes!!!

HONEST!!

ROOSTAH
02-17-03 03:49 PM
Jaxx not today! 50 degrees and sunny. however, friday was another story. champagne powder skiing was sheer bliss but no sign of it today. our drought could sure use all that snow y'all got.
02-17-03 03:58 PM
Factory Girl Hey Jaxxy! The folks in the beautiful Colorado certainly know how to deal with snow. Here in Sweet VA-it'll
snow 3-5 inches and its a State Emergency. So, you can imagine the MASS Freak-out caused by the 15 inches of snow we had this weekend.
Page: 1 2

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST