ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Three of a perfect four by Stoned in Australia
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Boot help???? Return to archive
02-16-03 05:22 PM
Fiji Joe Have a boot with no title except:

"1973 Winter Tour" -- Live in London(1)"

I cannot find the name of this boot or what show it is from...not to mention no artwork...Can any one help me idenitfy this recording...The setlist (tracklist) is as follows:

Brown Sugar
Happy
Gimme Shelter
Tumbling Dice
Heartbreaker
YCAGWYW
Dancing with Mr. D.
Honky Tonk Women
Midnight Rambler
All Down the Line
Sweet Virginia
Rip this Joint
Jumping Jack Flash
Street Fighting Man

The sound quality is excellent (Brussels like)...I'm prety sure this is not an entire show, but tracks from a collection of dates...just trying to find out where and when...My guess is that it's a collection of the Wembley performances...If anyone knows of a boot with this tracklist let me know..

02-16-03 05:44 PM
stewed & Keefed WITH THE 1 AFTER LONDON IT COULD BE 8 SEPTEMBER EMPIRE POOL WEMBLEY, The only London gig with two shows.
02-16-03 07:56 PM
Fiji Joe That's possible Stewed...but the setlist would be out of order
02-17-03 12:00 AM
gypsymofo60 Wembley Empire Pool 7th, 8th(2 shows), & 9th September 1973. Although the track listing is out of order it would appear to be the first show on the 8th. There were only three shows in London that tour, all at The Empire Pool.
02-17-03 12:11 AM
gypsymofo60 Another problem here is that at all four shows 'Star Star' was played, and at no show was 'Sweet Virginia' played. I still opt for The 8th, with maybe some substitutions.
02-17-03 03:34 AM
Mathijs How can this be London September 8th if the sound quality
is "like Brussels"?

Fiji Joe: You didn't mention if it is a vinyl boot or a CD boot, this would help a lot.

My initial guess is that this collection is a compilation of any of the Brussels 10/17/1973 and Wembley 9/9/1973 recordings, parred with a portion of the welknown "Welcome To New York" tape, which is a soundboard recording of July 26, 1972.

A second choice could be a collection of any of the Australian soundboard tapes (Sydney, Perth) of the Winter Tour in early 1973, parred with the BBC radio recordings of Newcastle and London, 9/9/1973.

Both guesses have been released on various vinyl bootlegs.

Mathijs

02-17-03 02:05 PM
Fiji Joe Well, I guess i should have said...it is an mp3 download so it may not be a boot at all...Could just be someone's own compilation...sounds great though...sure wish I knew the origin of the songs

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST