ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Three of a perfect four by Stoned in Australia
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: OZ fans 3RRR Return to archive
02-16-03 03:38 AM
gypsymofo60 Earlier I was talking to a friend about the upcoming tour, and he was telling me that Chuck Leavel was interviewed on 3 RRR. Did any of catch it? Apparently he was full of it, and I don't mean insightful info. More like I'm A Stone now, type of thing???????????
02-16-03 06:17 AM
woodywoodpecker Gyp's glad I didnt catch it to be honest!

He will never be a stone LOL

02-16-03 06:28 PM
stewed & Keefed God he makes me sick
[Edited by stewed & Keefed]
02-17-03 12:24 AM
gypsymofo60 It seems pretty universal doesn't it? Stones fans dislike,(to put it mildly), Chuckie. I gotta agree that The band IMHO could do without all those over the top keyboards. Maybe Spandau Ballet would like him.
02-17-03 12:32 AM
fmk438j The point I always make with the "I hate chuck" cry is that he is doing no more than what Mick and Keith want him to do.

He is just doing his job.

If Mick and Keith disliked the sound, it would stop, right?
02-17-03 12:38 AM
gypsymofo60 Absolutely! It's their gig, but what I'm saying is I agree with those who dislike the songs being turned into a show piece for Chuck.
02-17-03 12:40 AM
fmk438j Yeah, it sucks. But what I am saying is that many people take the easy route and just say "chuck is a dick" when really they should acknowledge that Mick and Keith are as much to blame as anyone for letting him play the way he does.
02-18-03 04:56 AM
gypsymofo60 Again I gotta agree, when Jagger played The Tennis Centre in '88 he had Phil Ashley, and Suzie Davis on keyboards, yet it still wasn't quite as over bearing as the keyboards are today. I got nothing personal against Chuck, he's a great muso, if he weren't he wouldn't be where he is. I just don't like over bearing keyboards any more than I like overbearing brass, 20 minute guitar solos, or John Farnham type singers...." listen to how high I get,and how I hold that note".

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST