ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Three of a perfect four by Stoned in Australia
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Stones on the beach at Byron Bay Return to archive
02-15-03 10:41 PM
Daethgod Stone's luxury retreat

16feb03
WHILE Mick Jagger was playing hide and seek in Sydney, the Rolling Stones' maverick guitarist, Keith Richards, was yesterday enjoying Byron Bay.

The cheeky rocker spent his week preparing for the band's gruelling Australian tour schedule by working up a sweat on the balcony of his luxury suite at Rae's guest house at Wategos Beach.

From his perch above a public park, Richards, 59, waved and laughed at holidaymakers, but spent most of his time reading or simply relaxing in the sun.

His  bandmate Mick Jagger has been enjoying the night-life of Sydney, joining film producer Baz Lurhmann and American comedian Joan Rivers for dinner at the Bondi Icebergs earlier in the week.

Since arriving by private jet on Wednesday, Richards and one of his daughters have not strayed far from Rae's, where it costs more than $1000 a night for the penthouse suite.

The Stones kick off their Australian tour with the much-anticipated club show at Sydney's Enmore Theatre on Tuesday night.

02-15-03 10:44 PM
Daethgod try here

[Edited by VoodooChileInWOnderl]
02-15-03 10:57 PM
J.J.Flash Thank you brother!
02-16-03 07:34 AM
corgi37 unless i have missed it, there has been virtually stuff all mentioned in the melbourne papers about the arrival or any thing else about the tour. i am fucking gobsmacked! only snippet today was that enmore show may be a cd or dvd. and with the tour starting in 2 days, i am beginning to wonder if there will be a press conference at all. it certainly is a different situation to the 95 tour. i bet there will be no state reception for them when they hit melbourne either.
02-16-03 10:07 AM
Stones Fan, Gar Good to see Keith Tanned and Rested.
[Edited by Stones Fan, Gar]
02-16-03 11:14 AM
nankerphelge The guy may be 60 -- but he's still the ultimate badass -- that look is cold!!
02-16-03 11:26 AM
steel driving hammer
quote:
Stones Fan, Gar wrote:
Good to see Keith Tanned and Rested.

And breathing in that fresh ocean air!
I think Keith is using that "supposed to be dead 20 years ago thing to his benefit.
He hasen't touched the needle much at all for 25 years!
Keith is much smarter than the media says he is.
All he does now is smoke and drink a little.
His body is used to it, and has adapted very well.
He is all smiles and that, is the best rememdy for the soul.
I'm sure he get regularly check up's from the best doctors in the world.

Don't worry, Keith has a long way to go...

02-16-03 12:24 PM
Mother baby [quote]steel driving hammer wrote:

"Keith is much smarter than the media says he is."
Why? How smart does the media say he is?

But I'll tell ya one thing...he's ALOT smarter than I am...that beach looks real sweet from where I'm sitting in almost sub-zero weather. Right now CT is colder than a bastard too like here in Maine.

"All he does now is smoke and drink a little."
Well, Wow! me too...

"His body is used to it, and has adapted very well."
Used to what? to the soft life style? I could adapt to that myself.

"He is all smiles..."
Yeah...laughing all the way to the bank AND the beach.

"and that, is the best rememdy for the soul."
Yeah it is.

"I'm sure he get regularly check up's from the best doctors in the world."
Maybe...but then again so didn't Elvis....just avoid the Pharmacists I guess.

02-16-03 01:20 PM
steel driving hammer Trust me Mother Baby,
Keith KNOWS where he's been and knows what he's doing now...

Keith has everyone by the balls.

02-16-03 01:25 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Satisfaction guaranteed

By Christine Sams, Entertainment Reporter
February 16 2003
The Sun-Herald

Parents have long been warned to lock up their daughters when the Rolling Stones are in town, but this time around Mick Jagger brought his own daughter and two sons for a summer break in Sydney.

And while Jagger, 59, took to the waves off Sydney, guitarist Keith Richards was also making the most of the sunshine with his teenage girls on the beach at Byron Bay.

Jagger, with his children James, 16, Georgia, 10, and Gabriel, 4, enjoyed a day out cruising off Sydney's northern beaches yesterday.

The family left the Four Seasons Hotel in George Street with Jagger giving his trademark grin to waiting media and poking out his world-famous tongue for good measure.

Jagger arrived at the Royal Motor Yacht Club in Newport in a black Mercedes with his children close behind in two Tarago vans.

The singer, dressed in a casual, open-necked shirt and sunglasses, boarded the multimillion-dollar cruiser Oscar first while his children were guided on by a nanny and security guard. Jagger's ex-wife Jerry Hall was nowhere to be seen.

A crowd of onlookers gathered at the wharf as word of Jagger's arrival spread. Many were amazed to see one of the world's biggest rock stars at their marina.

"We have a trumpet player in the club but that's about it," one onlooker said with a laugh. "Maybe Mick canbecome an honorary member."

Women were weak at the knees.

"My friend really wanted to talk to Mick," Sandy Jackson, of Newport, said. "He might have asked her out on a date because she is a good-looking blonde.

"Maybe he could have given me a spare million."

Meanwhile, Keith Richards spent the past few days relaxing in Byron Bay with his wife Patti Hansen and their daughters Theodora and Alexandra, before the Stones play their first Sydney show on Tuesday.

In a scene which was a far cry from his drug haze during the 1970s, Richards spent hours strolling along Wategos Beach and happily greeted star-struck fans.

Although he turns 60 this year, the world's best-known guitarist is looking healthier than ever - although his yoga-style poses on the balcony of his hotel might raise eyebrows among hard-core fans.

After the Rolling Stones arrived at Sydney Airport last week, the band members went their different ways to explore their favourite parts of Australia before their tour begins.

Richards reportedly took advantage of the band's luxury Lear jet, which was on stand-by at the airport, for his quick break to Byron Bay. But while Richards was frolicking on the beach, Jagger preferred to stay in Sydney.

The superstar enjoyed a dinner in Bondi with film director Baz Luhrmann and comedian Joan Rivers during the week, and was happy to stay by Sydney Harbour.

"Only Mick stayed in Sydney after they arrived," an insider said. "The others wanted to spend time exploring a few favourite areas before the shows begin."

Although the Stones first toured Australia in 1965, this visit has been one of the most highly-anticipated tours among fans because of the intimate nature of their shows.

On Tuesday, they will perform their first Sydney gig at the Enmore Theatre in Newtown, with a capacity crowd of fewer than 2000 people.

The show is expected to bring the inner-west to a standstill, with thousands of fans also expected to gather outside the theatre.

The band performs at the Sydney SuperDome on Thursday night.
02-16-03 01:30 PM
LadyJane Can anyone begin to imagine what in the world brought Joan Rivers together with Mick and Charlie??!!! I can definitely see them hanging out with Baz Luhrmann, but JOAN RIVERS??

I'd pay big $$ to have overheard that conversation. Just imagine the look on Charlie's face as she cracks one of her oh so old and tasteless jokes!!!

ROTLF

LadyJ

OMG! I think I've figured it out!! Mick and Charlie will be hocking RS merchandise on QVC!!
[Edited by LadyJane]
02-16-03 02:11 PM
Mother baby [quote]VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
Satisfaction guaranteed

"Jagger's ex-wife Jerry Hall was nowhere to be seen."
Ahhh...don't worry. She's around.

"A crowd of onlookers gathered at the wharf as word of Jagger's arrival spread. Many were amazed to see one of the world's biggest rock stars at their marina."

WTF...haven't they ever seen a "rock star" before.

"Women were weak at the knees."
So what's new...

Meanwhile, Keith Richards spent the past few days relaxing in Byron Bay with his wife Patti Hansen and their daughters Theodora and Alexandra, before the Stones play their first Sydney show on Tuesday."
Goddamm.....PH=25G ????

In a scene which was a far cry from his drug haze during the 1970s, Richards spent hours strolling along Wategos Beach and happily greeted star-struck fans.

"star struck fans"???? What does that mean? Are Aussies that easily "star struck"? Even though I have to admit when The Croc guy Steve was here in the USA they were "starstruck"

"Although he turns 60 this year, the world's best-known guitarist is looking healthier than ever - although his yoga-style poses on the balcony of his hotel might raise eyebrows among hard-core fans."
Why? Hard core fans don't like yoga-style poses???

"Richards reportedly took advantage of the band's luxury Lear jet, which was on stand-by at the airport, for his quick break to Byron Bay. But while Richards was frolicking on the beach, Jagger preferred to stay in Sydney."

Frolicking on the beach huh? It can"t even make 10 degrees up here ....and he's "frolicking" on the beach. Well as far as I'm concerned he can't be doing too much "frolicking" if his wife is right there watching him.

"Only Mick stayed in Sydney after they arrived," an insider said. "The others wanted to spend time exploring a few favourite areas before the shows begin."
Well ain't that what Mick's doing?

[Edited by Mother baby]
02-16-03 05:49 PM
Daethgod us Aussies aint that 'starstruck '... but the Rolling Freaking Stones is somethng else !!

02-16-03 06:26 PM
fmk438j Shit, I'd be pretty fuckin star struck if I saw keith on my beach.

Wouldn't you?

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST