ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Three of a perfect four by Stoned in Australia
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The Simpsons celebrate its 300th episode with the Rolling Stones Return to archive
02-15-03 08:08 AM
CS THE SIMPSONS

Sunday at 7:30 p.m. on Fox

The longest-running animated prime-time series celebrates its 300th episode with three back-to-back episodes beginning with "How I Spent My Strummer Vacation" at 7:30. When Homer attends "The Rolling Stones Rock 'N' Roll Fantasy Camp" run by Mick Jagger and Keith Richards, he lives the life of rock star with a little help from guest stars Lenny Kravitz, Elvis Costello, Tom Petty and Brian Setzer.

In the 300th episode "Barting Over," at 8, Bart discovers he was a star of a commercial when he was a baby and Homer has squandered all of the earnings.

Guest stars include Jane Kaczmarek of "Malcolm in the Middle" and skateboard legend Tony Hawk.

The 300th episode will be followed at 8:30 by an original episode "I'm Spelling As Fast As I Can." Lisa attracts a lot of attention when she wins a spelling bee. George Plimpton guests as himself.

The series recently was renewed for two more seasons, which will take the show, created by executive producer Matt Groening, through 16 seasons in 2004-2005.

Other article http://www.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment/tv/orl-livhal15021503feb15,0,3409107.story?coll=orl%2Dcaltop

02-15-03 03:54 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat I have this episode on dvd...excellent!!
02-16-03 07:38 AM
corgi37 the stones episode is on here in Oz this wednesday.
02-16-03 07:55 AM
Honky Tonk Man God Bless The Simpsons. In its early to mid 90s. (Basicaly 1990 - 1996) prime it was the best thing on television. I no longer bother to watch the new episodes. I don't like the drawings as much and alot of the characters have become more human. Remember in the earlier episodes when the characters actually looked like cartoons? I do love it to death though. I have something like 150 episodes on video and they continue to put a REALLY wide smile on my face.

I loved the episode with Mick and Keith. I taped it. First time i had watched a new Simpsons episode in some time.

Remember the episode when Bart has to apologise the Austraila? I still crack up at the scene when Marge and Lisa are in the gift shop and there are all these bull frogs leaping everywhere. I think the Australian asks what they are. Marge says "They Are Bull Frogs" Then the Aussie says "THATS A SILLY NAME, I'D OF CALLED IT A CHAZZWAZZZAS"

Fantastic!

Alex
[Edited by Honky Tonk Man]
02-16-03 10:41 AM
Scot Rocks Is it on in the UK this week?

The Simpsons is the greatest thing on tv

"Don't worry Homer we understand, after all we are from the land of chocolate"

"MMMMMM THE LAND OF CHOCOLATE..."

Classic

Cheers

Mark
02-16-03 11:01 AM
egon thanks for posting this cs.

could not find it before on kazaa, because i didn't know what the episode was called.

but i'm downloading it now!
02-16-03 04:27 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat Should we start a tree for this episode?
I have it as vcd with the first 6 songs of the MSG show 17/01/98 as well.
02-16-03 07:19 PM
Prodigal Son The first two seasons weren't necessarily funny, but from 1991-99 it was pure gold. But things have gone downhill for 3 years. Still, it's my favourite show ever. I must have seen 250 episodes. I never get tired of it.
"No, Marge. I am not giving up on my dream. They also told a man he couldn't fly to the moon, but he didn't give up and he made it. What was his name? Apollo Creed?"
02-16-03 07:26 PM
Honky Tonk Man LOL PRODIGAL SON!

How about this Homer quote...

"If Something is hard to do, its not worth doing"

I LOVE HOMER!

The great thing about him is that we all have some Homer in us

Alex
02-16-03 07:43 PM
Prodigal Son LOL! YES!!!
"Hey, Bart, why don't I see you playing your guitar anymore?"
"Well, dad, to be honest, I wasn't really good at it at first, and so I decided to quit. I hope you're not mad at me."
"Hehe, son. If something is too hard to do then it's not worth trying. Now, you just put your guitar in your closet along with your snowboard, your scuba suit, etc. etc."
When the show switched attention from Bart to Homer (circa '92) it became truly great. Every episode too.
"Beer! It's the only way."
"No Barney, I won't let you do this (drinks six-pack)
"I won't let you (mumbles) that your the best friend ever, I love you."
"Wow, Homer, you took six silver bullets for me."
"Stay away from my wife!"
Then later: "Dad, you saved us!"
"You can't prove I did anything."
"No, you rescued us from the fire."
"I could do a lot of things if I had some more money."
02-16-03 09:23 PM
Boomhauer You're right, Prodigal Son.

I remember when I was younger how Bart Simpson was the most popular character. Then, Homer became the favorite.
02-17-03 10:28 PM
JaggaRichards "Alcohol. The cause and the solution to all of life's problems."
---Homer J Simpson

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST