ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Three of a perfect four by Stoned in Australia
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Stones interview on Aus. paytv Return to archive
02-13-03 06:35 AM
fmk438j Just watched it then.

This was an interview with all 4 stones, taped in Chicago 03.

At first it was just the usual crap they get asked. The interviewer was very very young, and I was critical of him at first, but he did ok (when referring to a song the chinese may sing along to, he pulled out Gimme shelter, rather than satisfaction, so i give him credit there).

Keith mentioned taking acid with bobby K. on the flight from Perth to Sydney in "72".

If you were at the Montreal licks show then you should be proud. Ronnie commented on how amazing the crowd was that night, saying how loud they were.

Charlie. Charlie was amazing, mainly for his ability to give an entire interview whilst remaining in a deep sleep. He was, however, his usual honest and blunt self. When asked about 40 Licks album he said it was just a record company thing/money thing (although in not so much as about 3 words).

[Edited by fmk438j]
[Edited by fmk438j]
02-13-03 07:04 AM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
fmk438j wrote:
Just watched it then.

Keith mentioned taking acid with bobby K. on the flight from Perth to Sydney in "72".

cool fmk

also, as legend has it, they did the trip with the road crew

and that, ladies & gentlemen, maybe one reason why those '73 perth/sydney boots sound so high,wild and abandoned...
02-13-03 08:07 AM
corgi37 i was rapt to hear micks mum was born in oz too. i knew i read somewhere she was aussie. but how fucked is keiths memory. he recalls riding in the horse drawn carriage to the stage at randwick in 72 with ronnie. too bad it was 73 & ronnie didnt join until 75. charlie and ronnie didnt even seem to recall touring australia much at all. hopefully this tour we can make it unforgettable for them.
02-13-03 01:36 PM
woodywoodpecker God Damn!
I missed it, had it written onmy hand & all to tape it!

I hope it is repeated if someone knows that it will be please inform me.

Thankyou Woody
02-13-03 07:29 PM
exile shit I missed it too
what channel was it on?

apparently Mick and charlie ate dinner at Bondi Icebergs last night

anyone know when the Press conference is?

02-13-03 11:41 PM
corgi37 it was on music max (ch: 17). Really, not much was missed if you didnt see it. It was padded out with clips and of course ads, ads, ads. These things are usually replayed ad nauseum, so keep ya eyes peeled.
02-15-03 07:14 PM
woodywoodpecker Just heard that this program will air again on the 2nd March Sunday!

Cheers
02-15-03 07:35 PM
nankerphelge Oh man I wish I could be there.
I wonder if there some sort of hemispherical effect on the Stones music?

Like, does Ronnie stand on the right and Keith on the left down unda??

And which hand does Chaz use for the cymbal?

How 'bout Mick -- does he hang to the left or right?

(Hang on girls, I have no doubt throbby is digging thru some Aussie '73 pix as we speak!)

02-15-03 07:58 PM
parmeda
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
How 'bout Mick -- does he hang to the left or right?

(Hang on girls, I have no doubt throbby is digging thru some Aussie '73 pix as we speak!)

There ya go...now, this is some important and critical info we must look into!
02-15-03 09:27 PM
throbby nankerphelge wrote:

Easy now, ye who, judging by the points on your head, hails from much further down under. Just trying to keep the fine RO girls happy.

02-15-03 09:32 PM
parmeda See, Nank...
'Ole Throbby has his priorities in-check!

02-15-03 09:52 PM
nankerphelge Hey I just brought up what I considered to be a valid geographic point and figured that, of anyone here, throbby might be able to shed some light on the "issue" in his own silk-dampnin' way!

02-15-03 10:06 PM
littleredrooster Nankey,
Most certainly Chuck will go down the loo clockwise rather than counterclockwise while Down Under!!!
02-15-03 10:52 PM
throbby nankerphelge wrote:
Hey I just brought up what I considered to be a valid geographic point and figured that, of anyone here, throbby might be able to shed some light on the "issue" in his own silk-dampnin' way!

Sho'nuff Sugar! Now that I gots you on my mind, and all the gazin' I been doin' on yo' fine form ovah on the Denvah thread... I just has to know big daddy, be it left or be it right?
02-16-03 05:44 AM
luxury1 Well, I am taking this thread back to where it originated, and I was at the MOntreal show. As per Ronnie's statement regarding the loud crowd, man, they were the DRUNKEST crowd I ever been in (and I have been concerting since the mid '70's)I acutally feared for my life at moments during the crush up front. Mck came to my rescue, however,when he approached me to thank me for the hat. They all backed off then, wondering who the hell I was.

And it is always more comfortable and appealing on the left.

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST