ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Beacon Theater, NYC - 1st November 2006
© ¿?... Thanks!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Mick at #23 on U.S charts Return to archive Page: 1 2
14th February 2008 07:57 AM
Soldatti Charmed Life went 30-23 on Billboard's Dance chart this week. It's his highest position on any Billboard chart since 1993.
http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/charts/chart_display.jsp?f=Hot+Dance+Club+Play&pageNumber=Top+11-25&g=Singles
14th February 2008 08:21 AM
egon well fuck me...
14th February 2008 08:22 AM
glencar The Dell ad worked its magic...
14th February 2008 08:30 AM
Gazza
quote:
egon wrote:
well fuck me...

Theres more chance of me doing just that than choosing to listen to that song again....
14th February 2008 08:33 AM
Gazza
quote:
glencar wrote:
The Dell ad worked its magic...

Amazing that a half time ad. for an atrocious solo single which seemed to have peaked months ago managed to do that - yet when the Stones PLAYED the Superbowl at a time when they were raking in millions from simultaneously touring the US, the sales impact on "ABB" the following week was as negligible as the Vatican City's birth rate...
14th February 2008 08:36 AM
glencar Ads seem to be the best way for new artists to get their music heard!
14th February 2008 08:37 AM
glencar Or American Idol's exit song!
14th February 2008 08:42 AM
egon
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Theres more chance of me doing just that than choosing to listen to that song again....

I know it's st valentine's today buddy, but.....
14th February 2008 08:51 AM
luxury1 oooooooooh, egon disses the Webmaster!
14th February 2008 08:51 AM
glencar Only on the page...
14th February 2008 08:52 AM
Gazza
quote:
egon wrote:

I know it's st valentine's today buddy, but.....

Brace yourself!!
14th February 2008 09:04 AM
Bitch
Congratulations to MICK!!! I LOVE The new CD and I play it alot!!
14th February 2008 09:05 AM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
egon wrote:
well fuck me...

You shouldn't be so open for offers. There may be a line of takers waiting for you when you get home.. Your "St Valentine's Dream"
14th February 2008 09:33 AM
Soldatti
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Amazing that a half time ad. for an atrocious solo single which seemed to have peaked months ago managed to do that - yet when the Stones PLAYED the Superbowl at a time when they were raking in millions from simultaneously touring the US, the sales impact on "ABB" the following week was as negligible as the Vatican City's birth rate...

The Stones performance on the Super Bowl was negative for the general public. This week Tom Petty sold 33,000 copies of his greatest hits album (#1 on the pop Catalog chart) and he sold 60,000 digital copies of Free Falling.
14th February 2008 10:02 AM
TampabayStone
quote:
Soldatti wrote:

The Stones performance on the Super Bowl was negative for the general public.

Agreed, friends love to tell me how much their performance sucked. I don't get it.
14th February 2008 10:56 AM
Gazza
quote:
Soldatti wrote:

The Stones performance on the Super Bowl was negative for the general public.

Overall, maybe (although I thought they played OK) but I cant see how that exposure cant have had ANY positive effect of some kind on record sales. Its as if fans had 'Bigger Bang' and '40 Licks' mass bonfires.

It was hardly a performance as career-killing as Dylan's at Live Aid, for example.
14th February 2008 11:04 AM
Fiji Joe
quote:
Gazza wrote:

It's got a good beat...
14th February 2008 11:07 AM
Fiji Joe
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Overall, maybe (although I thought they played OK) but I cant see how that exposure cant have had ANY positive effect of some kind on record sales. Its as if fans had 'Bigger Bang' and '40 Licks' mass bonfires.

It was hardly a performance as career-killing as Dylan's at Live Aid, for example.

Were the Stones greatest hits CDs getting increased sales after the Super Bowl show?...Maybe that's where the spike went...If I was a casual fan, the show still wouldn't make by the new album...not when I hadn't heard a single song on the radio

And haven't the Stones about tapped their market?...I mean who doesn't have a Stones CD or vinyl...all that's left is 25 and under and well, quite frankly, most of them are just gonna download their stuff illegally
14th February 2008 11:14 AM
gimmekeef The song sucks..therefore perfectly fitting in with todays mainstream drivvle....Course now Mick will feel vindicated and if theres ever a new album it will be more SOL and less Back of My Hand....
14th February 2008 01:04 PM
mrhipfl
quote:
TampabayStone wrote:

Agreed, friends love to tell me how much their performance sucked. I don't get it.

I think the main problem was that the dudes at abc fucked up the sound really badly. Sometimes Woody wasn't audible at all, other times Keith wasn't (like during the satisfaction solo).
14th February 2008 01:13 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
glencar wrote:
Ads seem to be the best way for new artists to get their music heard!

TV is the new radio.
14th February 2008 02:47 PM
luxury1 yeah, everyone watching the Stones' halftime performance at my house thought they sucked too. I really couldnt believe it! I thought they did a great job--have we become so used to mediocre performances that we think when it's not a train wreck, they are great?
14th February 2008 02:54 PM
LadyJane
quote:
luxury1 wrote:
yeah, everyone watching the Stones' halftime performance at my house thought they sucked too. I really couldnt believe it! I thought they did a great job--have we become so used to mediocre performances that we think when it's not a train wreck, they are great?

Same here Luxy.
I was jumping up and down with Martha on one phone and gypsy on the other.

I come to work the next day only to be ridiculed. "They sucked. Time for those wrinkled old men to hang it up."

No, we are not jaded.
THEY have ZERO taste.

LJ.
[Edited by LadyJane]
14th February 2008 05:02 PM
glencar I was told by everyone I know that they liked the Stones Superbowl performance. In fact, the only negative words I heard about it were from Stonesalot & that's rather hackneyed by now!
14th February 2008 05:07 PM
gimmekeef Super Bowl was at my house..my beer.my food..my 65in hi def and 5.1 surround....So everyone liked it!
14th February 2008 05:18 PM
fireontheplatter its the fucking worst song he ever sang.
its a waste of music

i don't mean to sound bitter on valantines day, but it is complete crap. its worse than streets of love for gods sake.
14th February 2008 05:36 PM
Dan I still haven't even heard the song. But to get to #23 in this day and age is what, a hundred sold?
14th February 2008 05:42 PM
Joey
quote:
Soldatti wrote:
Charmed Life went 30-23 on Billboard's Dance chart this week. It's his highest position on any Billboard chart since 1993.
http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/charts/chart_display.jsp?f=Hot+Dance+Club+Play&pageNumber=Top+11-25&g=Singles

Shit , tie me up and call me ' Suzi ' .
14th February 2008 05:44 PM
glencar
quote:
Dan wrote:
I still haven't even heard the song. But to get to #23 in this day and age is what, a hundred sold?

Look for the "Dell Ad" thread. The song is quite fine!
14th February 2008 06:34 PM
Soldatti Just an interesting comparison, the impact of U.S sales after their performances in the Super Bowl:

US Top 200 Albums

Stones
#193 - Jump Back (6,284 copies sold)
#198 - ABB (6,118 copies sold)

Tom Petty
#12 - Greatest Hits (33,000 copies sold)
#109 - Anthology: Through The Years (7,000 copies sold)

US Top 200 selling singles (digital)

Stones
No SMU, RJ or Satisfaction, the #200 song at the time sold about 4,500 copies.

Top Petty
10 PETTY*TOM & THE HEARTBREAKERS FREE FALLIN' 63283
39 PETTY*TOM I WON'T BACK DOWN 28123
51 PETTY*TOM & THE HEARTBREAKERS AMERICAN GIRL 24847
84 PETTY*TOM & THE HEARTBREAKERS RUNNIN' DOWN A DREAM 17575
125 PETTY*TOM & THE HEARTBREAKERS MARY JANE'S LAST DANCE 11169

The Stones' catalog (albums + singles) sold 32,121 copies in U.S after their SB performance.
I don't know the total number of Tom Petty, if we add his charting titles this week we get a total of 185,000.
Page: 1 2

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)