ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Beacon Theater, NYC - 1st November 2006
© ¿?... Thanks!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Today's Header--Cold Chicago Night! Return to archive
13th February 2008 08:02 AM
LadyJane Great memories.
Premiere of She Was Hot.
We were cold.

I miss all the Summitters of that great trip.

You know who you are.

hugs,
LJ.
13th February 2008 08:05 AM
PartyDoll MEG Will never forget that Cold Chicago Night!!
13th February 2008 08:39 AM
SweetVirginia This pretty much says it all:

13th February 2008 09:09 AM
lotsajizz I had long johns and jeans, a t-shirt, a jersey, a sweater, gloves, and I bought a football/tongue ski cap......and I was STILL cold!! By far, the coldest weather in which I've ever seen a concert. The next morning when I saw Oprah and Bono at the Gap it was snowing--in EARLY October! Not sure I'll go there again that time of year!
13th February 2008 10:48 AM
GotToRollMe
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
Great memories.
Premiere of She Was Hot.
We were cold.

You know who you are.

hugs,
LJ.

I miss you too, baby. Chicago was a blast. We SHALL do it again...in a warmer climate next time.
13th February 2008 11:52 AM
twicks1 It was definitely tough to get into the music that night. It's hard to enjoy the show when you're trying to keep the blood flowing into your extremities.

However, things warmed up considerably when I got close to the B-stage. I felt someone digging their fist into my back, trying to get me to move...when I turned around, it was a tiny woman who must have been in her 60s, absolutely furious that I was standing between her and Mick.
13th February 2008 11:59 AM
TampabayStone
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
Great memories.
Premiere of She Was Hot.
We were cold.

You know who you are.

hugs,
LJ.

Tele?
13th February 2008 01:34 PM
luxury1 Yeah, let's hope the Stones are tired of playing in these crazy weather conditions, and keep things indoors from now on. I know I've had my full share of stadium gigs.
13th February 2008 03:32 PM
Zack Keith's worst night ever?
13th February 2008 03:37 PM
lotsajizz No. Keith was not too good, but he was WAY better than he was in Foxboro three weeks earlier.
13th February 2008 04:27 PM
TomL But the ladies were hot. I agree lux, keep em indoors.
13th February 2008 05:01 PM
Zack
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
No. Keith was not too good, but he was WAY better than he was in Foxboro three weeks earlier.

Maybe the first night of the European leg of the last tour too. According to what I remember people reporting he was also very bad and very drunk then. (Was that the first post-coconut gig?)
13th February 2008 05:04 PM
mrhipfl
quote:
Zack wrote:

Maybe the first night of the European leg of the last tour too. According to what I remember people reporting he was also very bad and very drunk then. (Was that the first post-coconut gig?)

It was actually already more than a year after the coconut incident. I remember the setlist being very mixed up, so maybe that had something to do with it.
13th February 2008 05:25 PM
LadyJane
quote:
TampabayStone wrote:

Tele?

Who is Tele????

I was actually removing layers of clothes once the show started and I began to dance.

Hey I'm from Buffalo. What's a lil wind chill??

But that walk out of the venue???

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

I'd do it again in a second, but rather they play indoors in the future.

LJ.
13th February 2008 05:35 PM
luxury1 I know what you mean about the "violence" at the B-Stage, twicks. I have had 1st and 2nd row legitimate tickets, and had people--yeah mostly crazed older women--push and shove me outta their way. I always ask to see their tickets when they try to get in front of me, and of course, they dont have any. One time some old hag kept shoving and shoving me from behind throughout the entire B-Stage set. Mick probably thought I had some new dance moves....
13th February 2008 05:41 PM
fireontheplatter nice photo.
it must have been a hell of a night for the stoners...but you know them...they always deliver.
13th February 2008 06:56 PM
SweetVirginia
quote:
mrhipfl wrote:

It was actually already more than a year after the coconut incident. I remember the setlist being very mixed up, so maybe that had something to do with it.

More like 6 months. The accident was in late April 2006.
13th February 2008 07:02 PM
mrhipfl
quote:
SweetVirginia wrote:

More like 6 months. The accident was in late April 2006.

Yeah Chicago was, but Zack was talking about the first night of the last leg.
[Edited by mrhipfl]
13th February 2008 07:06 PM
SweetVirginia Oh...got it.

13th February 2008 07:24 PM
TampabayStone
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

Who is Tele????

Infamous thief & cheapskate?

13th February 2008 07:30 PM
glencar We had a great time after the concert too. I had an Irish friend of mine join us at Kingston Mines & I remember the cold. I don't know if we were as cold as the Stones themselves. We had body heat & Tele's credit cards to keep us warm.
13th February 2008 10:19 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
14th February 2008 09:23 AM
_Boomy_ Man. It was frickin' freezin' out there. Somehow, when they hit the opening notes of "She Was Hot", it just seemed a little warmer. As Tom would probably note, it warmed up like a "pee pee" during foreplay.

In that picture above, there's a duct at the bottom right-hand corner. It was blowing hot air onto the band while they were on stage. At one point I believe Keith's cap was blown away.
14th February 2008 01:05 PM
mrhipfl
quote:
_Boomy_ wrote:
In that picture above, there's a duct at the bottom right-hand corner. It was blowing hot air onto the band while they were on stage. At one point I believe Keith's cap was blown away.

Yeah I think it was during "you got me rocking." Mick fetched it for him and put it back on his head.

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)