ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Beacon Theater, NYC - 1st November 2006
© ¿?... Thanks!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Fogerty, JLL To Rock Grammy Awards Return to archive
8th February 2008 06:31 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Fogerty To Rock Grammy Awards
Jazz Quad
Feb 7, 2007

Rock and roll Hall of Famer John Fogerty will grace the stage with fellow luminaries Little Richard and Jerry Lee Lewis at the 50th annual Grammy Awards on Sunday, February 10th. Backed by Fogerty’s ace band, the group will perform a medley of hits in a “Cornerstones of Rock” segment. Fogerty will also be a nominee at the awards, with his triumphant album ‘Revival’ (Fantasy Records) up for Best Rock Album.

For Fogerty, the performance brings his career full circle as the two fellow legends he’ll share the stage with were huge influences on his own career. He even recorded Little Richard’s hit “Good Golly Miss Molly” for Creedence Clearwater Revival’s 1969 ‘Bayou Country,’ and he’s been tearing through the track with his own band on the critically praised tour in support of ‘Revival.’

Fogerty will also join Natasha Bedingfield, Jerry Lee Lewis, Chrisette Michele, Ryan Shaw, Musiq Soulchild, and special guests at the Grammy Foundations "Sounds of Change: Celebrating 50 Years of Music and Social Change,” February 6 in Los Angeles.

Fogerty’s searing performance of classics from his vast back catalogue as well as stellar tracks from “Revival’ can be seen on part 1 of his PBS Soundstage appearance, debuting Thursday, February 7.
8th February 2008 06:50 PM
guitarman53 Glad he going get recognized for his influence in Rock 'N' Roll, His "Traveling Band" is close to Good Golly Miss Molly, then the one mentioned, Bayou Country, it's about time he got his dues & moment to shine in a big cermony, he's been forgotten about for years.
8th February 2008 06:58 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
guitarman53 wrote:
Glad he going get recognized for his influence in Rock 'N' Roll, His "Traveling Band" is close to Good Golly Miss Molly, then the one mentioned, Bayou Country, it's about time he got his dues & moment to shine in a big cermony, he's been forgotten about for years.

I don't usually watch the Grammy's but I might tune in for this just to see the Legends on stage with each other. I don't expect the music to be that great....this being an awards show and all.
8th February 2008 08:01 PM
Brainbell Jangler
quote:
guitarman53 wrote:
Glad he going get recognized for his influence in Rock 'N' Roll, His "Traveling Band" is close to Good Golly Miss Molly, then the one mentioned, Bayou Country, it's about time he got his dues & moment to shine in a big cermony, he's been forgotten about for years.

I think you may have misread the article. The writer pointed out, correctly, that CCR covered Little Richard's "Good Golly Miss Molly" on the album Bayou Country. He did not compare "GGMM" with the song "Born on the Bayou" (from the same album). You are certainly right, though, that the Fogerty composition "Travelin' Band" (from the Cosmo's Factory album) is lifted straight out of the Little Richard songbook. I believe Fogerty was sued for that one and settled out of court.

I wouldn't say Fogerty's been forgotten about. His "Deja Vu All Over Again" song got a lot of play around here.
8th February 2008 08:10 PM
guitarman53 Sorry, you're correct, His Bayou Country was the name of a album, I was thinking of Born In The Bayou, which was the name of a song.
8th February 2008 08:30 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle
quote:
guitarman53 wrote:
Sorry, you're correct, His Bayou Country was the name of a album, I was thinking of Born In The Bayou, which was the name of a song.

Born On The Bayou.

BTW, the PBS Soundstage show rawked...
8th February 2008 11:32 PM
guitarman53 John Fogerty is the true master of late 60's/Early 70's Rock 'N'Roll Hit Records classics, Just listen to Creedence Clearwater Revival, it's all him, the whole band was him, in the last days of the band when they played at Woodstock, someone yelled out John we're with you, he played the whole concert straight at that that guy, because everything was in the dark.
[Edited by guitarman53]
9th February 2008 10:12 AM
Martha Fogerty's latest album "Revival" is fantastic! I can't wait to see the Grammy's.

xxoo,
Martha
9th February 2008 11:24 AM
gimmekeef
quote:
Martha wrote:
Fogerty's latest album "Revival" is fantastic! I can't wait to see the Grammy's.

xxoo,
Martha

Martha..what are top 2-3 tracks please..would like to download those as a start...Muchos gratias
9th February 2008 11:40 AM
mrhipfl His live DVD is ace too. I always knew he was a fantastic songwriter, but that DVD shows that he's one hell of guitarist as well.
9th February 2008 03:35 PM
gimmekeef His opening riffs to Fortunate Son are simply classic and rank way up there for me...
10th February 2008 11:10 AM
Martha
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:

Martha..what are top 2-3 tracks please..would like to download those as a start...Muchos gratias

I LOVE the opening song: "Don't You Wish It Was True" Also, "Creedence Song" "Long Dark Night" "Natural Thing" "I Can't Take It No More". Heck, I love the whole album. But these are some of my favs. The latest release includes a live version of (#13) Sweet Hitch Hiker that wasn't on the original release. Don't You Wish It Was True is prayerful. I love John.

Peace to you all,
Martha
10th February 2008 12:36 PM
gimmekeef Thanks Martha..great stuff!
11th February 2008 04:58 AM
Jumacfly Fogerty is one of the greatest songwriter of the century.

CCR discography is a permanent vault to rediscover, I love this band so much that I often play their live album at home....Especially "Keep on chooglin'", their "midnight rambler

11th February 2008 09:36 AM
Joey
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:
Fogerty is one of the greatest songwriter of the century.

CCR discography is a permanent vault to rediscover, I love this band so much that I often play their live album at home....Especially "Keep on chooglin'", their "midnight rambler

Babe ?!

You know the question ...........

11th February 2008 12:21 PM
Sioux John sounded and looked great last night.... Jerry Lee...? Wow, he's showing his age terribly. Doesn't hardly even move at the piano and plays pretty much the same chord{s} over and over again. He's 72, after all......but then there's Little Richard, who is 75, looks 45, and sounds 25! That guy just doesn't age...
11th February 2008 02:05 PM
SweetVirginia This was a highlight for me. I love Tina:

11th February 2008 03:29 PM
gimmekeef
quote:
SweetVirginia wrote:
This was a highlight for me. I love Tina:

Didnt know the Tinman could sing...
11th February 2008 03:32 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Sioux wrote:
That guy just doesn't age...

Little Richard loves his make up.

11th February 2008 04:06 PM
TampabayStone
quote:
SweetVirginia wrote:
This was a highlight for me. I love Tina:

Funny, I love Beyouce. I love Tina too, particularly on Gimme Shelter. The way she handled the mike makes me sweat.
11th February 2008 05:41 PM
fireontheplatter fogerty's closing of the show was a good time.
i could have done without keyon west's cocky tude tho.
11th February 2008 06:32 PM
Gazza
quote:
TampabayStone wrote:

Funny, I love Beyouce. I love Tina too, particularly on Gimme Shelter. The way she handled the mike makes me sweat.

Historically, the best four legs in popular music?
11th February 2008 06:53 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
Gazza wrote:

back in the day perhaps. today we call them thunder thighs. mmmmm.....not so popular
11th February 2008 07:39 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)