ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Beacon Theater, NYC - 1st November 2006
© ¿?... Thanks!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Mick Jagger Centre in Dartford Return to archive
7th February 2008 02:21 PM
twicks1 I had no idea this was an actual venue...Ian Hunter is playing there!

http://www.themickjaggercentre.com/index.php
7th February 2008 05:42 PM
Gazza ..and Ruby Turner..and 9 Below Zero..some decent acts

Knew they had concerts there, but had never seen the website before. Nice.
7th February 2008 07:18 PM
gorda I visited that place, it was boring. Maybe, because it was during a weekday, and there was no perfomances going on.

But, I did take some pictures of me with Mick in the background.

I think I got more excited about actually seeing the house where Mick lived. I couldn't believe I was standing in front of it!

And, then, I got to visit Keith's childhood home, too! There's a flower shop underneath it now. And, I got to speak with the owner of the flower shop. And, he took my picture in front of the building.

(If I wasn't afraid of the psychos, I would post the pictures for y'all to see.)
[Edited by gorda]
7th February 2008 07:25 PM
GotToRollMe Damn those psychos!
7th February 2008 07:35 PM
Gazza
quote:
gorda wrote:
I visited that place, it was boring. Maybe, because it was during a weekday, and there was no perfomances going on.

Its a school hall, and it was a weekday. What were you expecting. Roman orgies?
7th February 2008 07:55 PM
gorda I was expecting a musuem.

I was expecting to see things from his past!

Like:

Here is Mick Jagger's library card. Here is his report card from junior high. Here is his uniform from when he played basketball.

Here is a cup that Mick actually drank from. Here is part of a sandwich that he ate! Here is a picture that he drew.

I don't know. I expected it to be a museum with lots of photographs and other things to see.
7th February 2008 08:38 PM
Gazza
quote:
gorda wrote:
I was expecting a musuem.

I was expecting to see things from his past!

Like:

Here is Mick Jagger's library card. Here is his report card from junior high. Here is his uniform from when he played basketball.

Here is a cup that Mick actually drank from. Here is part of a sandwich that he ate! Here is a picture that he drew.

I don't know. I expected it to be a museum with lots of photographs and other things to see.

Why would they keep things done by a pupil who wasnt famous when he left?

Jagger only financed the centre and they named it after him. It was never intended to be used as a homage to him.

You should post your pics!
[Edited by Gazza]
7th February 2008 08:49 PM
gorda
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Why would they keep things done by a pupil who wasnt famous when he left?

Jagger only financed the centre and they named it after him. It was never intended to be used as a homage to him.

You should post your pics!
[Edited by Gazza]

OF COURSE, THE SCHOOL WOULDN'T KEEP ANY OF IT!

BUT, WHAT ABOUT HIS MAMA?

Doesn't your mother have your report cards in some box somewhere? Doesn't she have that Mother's Day card you made for her when you were in kindergarten?

I thought mothers kept everything.

Geez!
7th February 2008 09:02 PM
TampabayStone
quote:
gorda wrote:

Doesn't your mother have your report cards in some box somewhere? Doesn't she have that Mother's Day card you made for her when you were in kindergarten?

Geez!

Trudat!!

Photobucket
8th February 2008 09:10 AM
Honky Tonk Man Keep meaning to go there, but never get round to it.

I actually went past the first home Keith lived on the bus thew other week. Wish I'd looked out for the house. I only realised when the bus started turning the corner into the next road!

You wobn't get me anywhere near his second home though. Bit of a ghetto area.
8th February 2008 11:28 AM
Gazza
quote:
gorda wrote:

er..she's dead....

quote:
gorda wrote:

Geez!

You obviously havent seen my report cards......!
8th February 2008 04:10 PM
glencar I visited the train station but had no idea where the rest of the stuff was in Dartford. I think Gorda should post the pix & ask Voodoo to black out her face.
8th February 2008 07:08 PM
gorda
quote:
glencar wrote:
I visited the train station but had no idea where the rest of the stuff was in Dartford. I think Gorda should post the pix & ask Voodoo to black out her face.

I actually took a taxi to the center. I was only at the center for like 15 minutes. The receptionist asked me if she could help me. I told her I was just a fan. So, I gave her my camera, and I posed for a couple of pictures in front of these giant photographs of Mick.

Then, I walked to his house. (The taxi driver had given me directions.) I thought it was going to be close, but it was far! I got lost twice, but people were very nice and gave me directions.

It was a surreal experience.
[Edited by gorda]
8th February 2008 07:22 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
gorda wrote:

------------------------------------------------------
quote:
Gazza wrote:

er..she's dead....

D'oh!
8th February 2008 07:25 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
glencar wrote:
I visited the train station but had no idea where the rest of the stuff was in Dartford. I think Gorda should post the pix & ask Voodoo to black out her face.

you have written some pretty negative things about people today mister
is it time for a little r and r up at your love shack in the poconos?
[Edited by fireontheplatter]
8th February 2008 09:26 PM
glencar Huh? I just wrote that because Gorda doesn't want people like you seeing her face. I'm certainly not mad at her & I think any sane person could see that.
9th February 2008 12:19 PM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
glencar wrote:
I visited the train station but had no idea where the rest of the stuff was in Dartford.

The Mick Jagger Centre is in walking distance. Their houses are a little further out. Chastilian Road (Keiths first house) is almost in the next town and Mick, as far as I know, lived in the outskirts of Dartford in a little area called Wilmington. You'd have to drive or get a taxi.
9th February 2008 05:29 PM
glencar I had a car but my navigator was fresh off a transatlantic flight & in NO mood for the job. Next time I'll do it.

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)