ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Beacon Theater, NYC - 1st November 2006
© ¿?... Thanks!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Cliff Richard disses the Beatles! Return to archive
5th February 2008 05:48 AM
corgi37 Hahaha - OMG, its too funny. I know this means diddly squat to our Yankee brethren, but the Virgin Queen of British pop says, well, read it. It's so fucking funny.

The silly ass hole said similar about the Stones. So did Tom Jones. So did Aussie Christian fuck hole, Tommy Emmanuel. Tommy said he always hated the Stones because they were out of tune. Of course, the limp fucker didnt know about alternative tunings.

But back to Cliffy. Does the fag actually play any instrument? Does he write any lyric?

http://www.starpulse.com/news/index.php/2008/02/03/cliff_richard_blasts_the_beatles

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/showbiz/showbiznews.html?in_article_id=511940&in_page_id=1773
5th February 2008 07:33 AM
egon Go Cliff!
5th February 2008 08:40 AM
Honky Tonk Man Cliff is actually quite important to the development of British Rock 'n' Roll. Himself and the likes of Tommy Steele were pioneers in a way and as the excellent feature in this months Q magazine testifies, Cliff's Move It was the first bonfire British Rock 'n' Roll classic.

He may of found God (his choice and something that should be respected), a lot of his music's tame beyond belief), but he deserves his dues. His longevity is the reason as to why he's the model for any aspiring pop star.
5th February 2008 09:57 AM
Highwire Rob "one of the more successful [Cliff Richard songs], was an actual Mick Jagger/Keith Richards composition (the ballad 'Blue Turns to Grey')."

http://www.sing365.com/music/lyric.nsf/Cliff-Richard-Biography/518AA2848F4E7B1248256A1500250150

...interesting

Wasn't there also some early rock history about the name similarities and how Stone's management wanted to present/display our young Keef's name to avoid confusion?
5th February 2008 10:34 AM
gimmekeef The old twit needs a 'Summer Holiday'....he's still pissed he couldnt compete as a lame solo artist with the whole invasion...A british Pat Boone ffs
5th February 2008 10:59 AM
Gazza
quote:
Highwire Rob wrote:
"Wasn't there also some early rock history about the name similarities and how Stone's management wanted to present/display our young Keef's name to avoid confusion?

Supposedly the reason why Keith dropped the 's' from his surname was to 'suggest' a family link.

A prospect which is pretty surreal on reflection
5th February 2008 11:32 AM
Highwire Rob
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Supposedly the reason why Keith dropped the 's' from his surname was to 'suggest' a family link.

5th February 2008 12:05 PM
ExileInLA what a douche.
5th February 2008 07:51 PM
Sioux
quote:
Gazza wrote:

And, before I found that out, I thought he was trying to invoke images of Little Richard, a much more rockin' rocker..
5th February 2008 11:41 PM
gypsy We diss The Beatles on a daily basis.
5th February 2008 11:43 PM
mojoman dudes old
5th February 2008 11:46 PM
glencar He had a string of US hits in the late 70's/early 80's on the strength of people confusing him with Leo Sayer.
6th February 2008 01:39 AM
Ade
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:
Cliff is actually quite important to the development of British Rock 'n' Roll. Himself and the likes of Tommy Steele were pioneers in a way and as the excellent feature in this months Q magazine testifies, Cliff's Move It was the first bonfire British Rock 'n' Roll classic.

He may of found God (his choice and something that should be respected), a lot of his music's tame beyond belief), but he deserves his dues. His longevity is the reason as to why he's the model for any aspiring pop star.

correct sir - good post
6th February 2008 05:35 AM
egon
quote:
Ade wrote:

correct sir - good post

YUP.

saw cliff about 4 times in concert when i was very young
(my mom is a big fan)

i don't like most of his (choise of) music,
but they guy is a fantastic singer.
6th February 2008 06:29 AM
corgi37 Egon! You need to come back to Australia for a fix of Aussie beer to get those thoughts out of your pretty blonde head.
6th February 2008 08:13 AM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
Egon! You need to come back to Australia for a fix of Aussie beer to get those thoughts out of your pretty blonde head.

No he doesn't. Fosters isn't good for anyone
6th February 2008 08:25 AM
egon
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
Egon! You need to come back to Australia for a fix of Aussie beer to get those thoughts out of your pretty blonde head.

i was gonna come last january but had to change plans.
next year i hope....

7th February 2008 04:44 AM
corgi37 Hopefully you can. And you can confirm that NO Aussie EVER drinks Fosters.
7th February 2008 10:15 AM
glencar The ones in NYC do!
7th February 2008 11:15 AM
TampabayStone
quote:
glencar wrote:
He had a string of US hits in the late 70's/early 80's on the strength of people confusing him with Leo Sayer.

Funny!
8th February 2008 09:13 AM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
Hopefully you can. And you can confirm that NO Aussie EVER drinks Fosters.

I've heard that too. Unbelievably, our Fosters is actually worse than yours!
8th February 2008 10:47 AM
egon buy me a fosters and i'll drink it.

for i am not a whiny little girl
8th February 2008 11:58 AM
TampabayStone
quote:
egon wrote:
buy me a fosters and i'll drink it.

for i am not a whiny little girl

No doubt, everywhere I look I see gheyness..

8th February 2008 05:44 PM
guitarman53 Cliff Richard isn't a musician, I've played along with the Beatles & The Stones records in my teens, & none were out of tune, otherwise I couldn't be in sync with them with the tuning, Cliff Richard probably never played a guitar in his life, he did, as mentioned earlier, "Blue Turns To Grey" but he still knocks The Stones, The Beatles ruined his career, that's what he's pissed about.
8th February 2008 05:48 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
guitarman53 wrote:
....but he still knocks The Stones, The Beatles ruined his career, that's what he's pissed about.

LOL...Yes and Little Richard ruined Pat Boone's career.
9th February 2008 12:30 AM
guitarman53 And this thing about (Beatles) Horrific guitar solos, I think they had brilliant guitar solos, Like "Can't Buy Me Love" /I Feel Fine/Day tripper & so on, were great, before The Beatles (and the English invasion happened) he would have had a big career, but those long haired bastards ruined that, those Bugs & those Rolling rocks (as Elvis described the English Invasion) destroyed the sex symbol sex star, by actually being a band without a good looking guy that was the main target.
9th February 2008 05:20 AM
corgi37 Cliff Richards balls must be the size of Jupiter by now! I think he's still pining for Una Stubbs.
9th February 2008 12:33 PM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
guitarman53 wrote:
And this thing about (Beatles) Horrific guitar solos, I think they had brilliant guitar solos, Like "Can't Buy Me Love" /I Feel Fine/Day tripper & so on, were great, before The Beatles (and the English invasion happened) he would have had a big career, but those long haired bastards ruined that, those Bugs & those Rolling rocks (as Elvis described the English Invasion) destroyed the sex symbol sex star, by actually being a band without a good looking guy that was the main target.

True and true. The Beatles were all good guitarists and very imaginative.

Cliff was the most successful British pop star in the UK from 1958-1963. Rock 'n' Roll going out of fashion and The Beatles caused his popularity to wane slightly. He picked himself up though and through going down the cheesy balladeer route, got himself a new audience of house wives. It’s stuck and that’s partly why he’s not taken seriously. If you have any idea about the evolution of British music though and those crucial to its early successes, then you understand how important Cliff Richard is.

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)