ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Beacon Theater, NYC - 1st November 2006
© ¿?... Thanks!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: A Van Halen Thread Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
24th January 2008 06:12 PM
TampabayStone
quote:
Some Guy wrote:

postin above the gadonkadonk.

And she's tall....with heals.

Photobucket

24th January 2008 06:15 PM
TampabayStone
quote:
Some Guy wrote:

That's awesome.
24th January 2008 07:26 PM
doo doo doo Dude From Alex Van Halen's new Modern Drummer interview:

Modern Drummer: Is this a strong band or a fragile band? We hear stories about Eddie’s health and temperament on the road, and his relationship with David Lee Roth….

Alex: None of it is true.

MD: So everything is solid and straight-ahead?

Alex: That’s not true either. I preface everything by saying that we were in high school when we first got together. You put Ed, Dave, and me in a room and one of us is going to come out bloody. And that’s what makes it great. That element is still there. Music is an emotional thing. I’m not saying you need to be overbearing or disrespectful. But I am saying that our nature is such that we tend to overlap in how we get things done.

http://www.moderndrummer.com/updatefull/200001641
24th January 2008 07:35 PM
TampabayStone
quote:
doo doo doo Dude wrote:
From Alex Van Halen's new Modern Drummer interview:

Modern Drummer: Is this a strong band or a fragile band? We hear stories about Eddie’s health and temperament on the road, and his relationship with David Lee Roth….

Alex: That’s not true either. I preface everything by saying that we were in high school when we first got together. You put Ed, Dave, and me in a room and one of us is going to come out bloody. And that’s what makes it great. That element is still there. Music is an emotional thing. I’m not saying you need to be overbearing or disrespectful. But I am saying that our nature is such that we tend to overlap in how we get things done.

Translation: Ed and I are about ready to kick the shit out of this fucktard.
24th January 2008 07:49 PM
Some Guy
24th January 2008 08:00 PM
Some Guy
24th January 2008 08:03 PM
mojoman this things gonna be bigger than tater tots tater
24th January 2008 08:04 PM
Some Guy
quote:
mojoman wrote:
this things gonna be bigger than tater tots tater

not bad
24th January 2008 08:09 PM
TampabayStone
quote:
Some Guy wrote:

Great, ruined this one for me too.
24th January 2008 08:14 PM
Some Guy
quote:
TampabayStone wrote:

TBS is America's station.
24th January 2008 08:18 PM
The jinn, my friend.
quote:
doo doo doo Dude wrote:
From Alex Van Halen's new Modern Drummer interview:

That reminds me of a Christmas story. Oh around naughty eight. I took to haveing Christmas at my home for a favored veteran and his friends. Couple ole' seasoned hand shakers would be the guest. Food, smoke and booze at a becking. Over indulgence was the delight. I had not done a lot of Christmases and I went to extra delight on my tree. I choose a pure white flocked one with bright pretty colors. Oh! It was so beautiful. Relaxation would flow through your body with the glance of the eyes. Captivating your soul with the warmth of delightful ideas of Christmas.

Thing was. You get a group of testosterone trained guys together; fill their bellies with cooked carcass and good booze, you gonna have some ruttin'. For a couple years I hosted the party. Every year the highlight was the ruckus. And a might fine ruckus it was! The tree was always smashed and the dudes would be limping to the kitchen to be bandaged and peroxided. I would sit what ever was left of a gallon of whiskey on the table for the guys. Perch on the counter light me a hooter and listen to the boys talk about the good olé days and laugh about the latest mark each other left on the other.

The house is gone and I am miles away from my favored veteran. But by God's grace I kept the lesson of platoon mates.
24th January 2008 08:21 PM
TampabayStone
quote:
The jinn, my friend. wrote:

That reminds me of a Christmas story. Oh around naughty eight. I took to haveing Christmas at my home for a favored veteran and his friends. Couple ole' seasoned hand shakers would be the guest. Food, smoke and booze at a becking. Over indulgence was the delight. I had not done a lot of Christmases and I went to extra delight on my tree. I choose a pure white flocked one with bright pretty colors. Oh! It was so beautiful. Relaxation would flow through your body with the glance of the eyes. Captivating your soul with the warmth of delightful ideas of Christmas.

Thing was. You get a group of testosterone trained guys together; fill their bellies with cooked carcass and good booze, you gonna have some ruttin'. For a couple years I hosted the party. Every year the highlight was the ruckus. And a might fine ruckus it was! The tree was always smashed and the dudes would be limping to the kitchen to be bandaged and peroxided. I would sit what ever was left of a gallon of whiskey on the table for the guys. Perch on the counter light me a hooter and listen to the boys talk about the good olé days and laugh about the latest mark each other left on the other.

The house is gone and I am miles away from my favored veteran. But by God's grace I kept the lesson of platoon mates.

Never heard hooter before (except the obvious), but I guess that's where that crappy band got its name.

Sgt. TBS
24th January 2008 08:24 PM
The jinn, my friend.
quote:
TampabayStone wrote:

Never heard hooter before (except the obvious), but I guess that's where that crappy band got its name.

Sgt. TBS

What band is that, Sarge?
[Edited by The jinn, my friend.]
24th January 2008 08:30 PM
TampabayStone
quote:
The jinn, my friend. wrote:

What band?

Saw them open up for Rod Stewart at old Tampa stadium back in the day.

24th January 2008 08:38 PM
The jinn, my friend. Hmmmmm......

24th January 2008 08:51 PM
Some Guy
quote:
TampabayStone wrote:

that was quite funny!
25th January 2008 05:39 PM
Some Guy 1-24-08 San Antonio- pretty good quality-

25th January 2008 06:03 PM
mojoman
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
1-24-08 San Antonio- pretty good quality-

where's the beef?
25th January 2008 06:05 PM
Some Guy
quote:
mojoman wrote:

where's the beef?

bigger than when tater says this things gonna be bigger than tater tots tater.
25th January 2008 06:27 PM
mojoman this things gonna be bigger than spuds mackenzie tater
25th January 2008 06:29 PM
Some Guy bigger than tater salad with a glass of sweet tater tea.
28th January 2008 12:53 AM
TampabayStone
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
bigger than tater salad with a glass of sweet tater tea.

Is there really sweet tater tea? I know that's the real south, but WTF.
28th January 2008 08:45 AM
Some Guy
quote:
TampabayStone wrote:

Is there really sweet tater tea? I know that's the real south, but WTF.

available for a limited time.
28th January 2008 10:07 AM
rocker That david lee al a "acappella" is funny as hell
28th January 2008 02:21 PM
mojoman this things gonna be bigger than the macarena tater
28th January 2008 02:25 PM
Some Guy Joey is currently working on nose bleed seats for next week.
28th January 2008 07:15 PM
robpop Van Halen is coming to my town. I saw them last about 25 years ago. Can somebody give a good reason to buy a ticket besides a possible drunken Eddie blowup.
28th January 2008 07:22 PM
mojoman
quote:
robpop wrote:
Van Halen is coming to my town. I saw them last about 25 years ago. Can somebody give a good reason to buy a ticket besides a possible drunken Eddie blowup.

to get liquored up and party like its 1979?
29th January 2008 05:35 PM
Jumping Jack Reason? They are currently blowing the doors off old geezer bands like The Stones and Who and leaving them humiliated. This is the real deal boys and girls.
29th January 2008 05:44 PM
mojoman "The show, as it turned out, was better than I could earlier have imagined, once I’d got over the shock of realising that Van Halen's audience these days largely seems to consist of alcoholic divorcees, who arrived by the coach-load, squeezed into clothes that wouldn’t fit their children and were determined to treat the entire evening as a mass karaoke session."
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)