ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Beacon Theater, NYC - 1st November 2006
Đ ŋ?... Thanks!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Brian.........part 14 Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
17th January 2008 12:32 AM
Sioux The pictures here just keep getting better and better! Every time I think I MUST have seen all the Brian pix ever taken, you all surprise me with more and more fabulous pictures!! Thanks so much, everybody...
17th January 2008 01:22 AM
zooeyglass [quote]BriansBabe wrote:

Wanna say, I find that pic so very much fascinating...I never saw it before!!! MANY THANKS for posting it, Memo!!!
I would love to know everything about the pic...I mean:
Who? How? Where? What? Why?... When? ?????????? and so on, lol ...
Well dears, please tell me everything, will ya????

THANKS!!!

[Edited by BriansBabe]

[quote]

Alex, that picture was taken in Morocco, though I couldn't say exactly where or when -- I'm guessing it was when Brian went to record the G'naoua or Jajouka musicians. The picture was actually the part of this lot of pictures auctioned by Christies that came from Linda Keith:

Not everything about it, but something at least. I love the little statues on either side of Brian and would love to know why they're in the shot
17th January 2008 01:32 AM
GhostofBrianJones Okay I know I can't see anymore, but where are the little
statues on either side of Brian? I know I am missing them
for some reason
17th January 2008 01:33 AM
zooeyglass Ghost, look on either side of Brian's legs in the pic where he's holding the baby.
17th January 2008 01:34 AM
zooeyglass
quote:
MemoFromTinaTurner wrote:

17th January 2008 07:07 AM
Sioux I think that is an amazing, amazing picture. WOW.
17th January 2008 10:59 AM
zooeyglass Happy Friday

17th January 2008 12:19 PM
Sioux Hi Lisa......um, I think it's Thursday here....LOL How did it come to be Friday in Calif. already??

Good day to all the wonderful Brian fans here!
17th January 2008 12:41 PM
zooeyglass Yeah, I guess you're right, Sioux!
It's been one of these kinds of weeks for me

And this morning had such a Friday feel to it
17th January 2008 03:46 PM
Sophia Graves
quote:
zooeyglass wrote:

its fun how charlie is really shining in these pictures.. the coolness, damn! you all know brian is the coolest... BUT i think for the first time it is finally a photo where charlie totally stands out among all the others... it faszinates me!

[Edited by Sophia Graves]
17th January 2008 03:51 PM
Sophia Graves
quote:
MemoFromTinaTurner wrote:

OH MY GOD!! those are soooo fantastic!!! thank you so so so much for sharing them! never seen them.. oowww. i didnt know they exist.
17th January 2008 03:53 PM
BriansBabe
quote:
Sioux wrote:
My Mom is doing a bit better. She's receiving treatment, still, in the hospital. I'm not sure when she'll be going home. And the husband goes to the urologist tomorrow, so hopefully we'll know more by then. Thanks for asking, dear Alex!

...itīs a relief sheīs doing better, hope she can go out of the hospital soon!!! My thougts will be with you tomorrow and I keep on praying for good news for your husband and you, my dear Sioux!!!

Many comforting hugs from our Brian (and me), Alex xx
17th January 2008 04:07 PM
BriansBabe Hey Sophia, Iīm glad youīre here, how are you doing dear???

17th January 2008 06:14 PM
zooeyglass
17th January 2008 06:49 PM
zooeyglass
17th January 2008 07:45 PM
GhostofBrianJones Okay NOW I see the statues. Thanks so much for enlarging them.
Those pictures are Phenomenal fantastic. Thanks much!!

HI STEVE!! LOVE TO YOU!!
17th January 2008 07:51 PM
Sioux
quote:
BriansBabe wrote:

...itīs a relief sheīs doing better, hope she can go out of the hospital soon!!! My thougts will be with you tomorrow and I keep on praying for good news for your husband and you, my dear Sioux!!!

Many comforting hugs from our Brian (and me), Alex xx

It looks like my Mom will be in the hospital at least through the weekend... I know she wants to go home, but she's still very weak. I think they will send her home with some kind of oxygen treatment.

The husband is now on an antibiotic for a possible infection. After 3 weeks, they will take blood again and when it's cleared up they will do a biopsy. The urologist didn't seem terribly concerned, so we are hoping that it's not cancer after all. I'll keep you all posted... Thanks for your love and hugs, Alex!

Sophia, it's good to see you here!!
17th January 2008 07:54 PM
zooeyglass
17th January 2008 08:07 PM
GhostofBrianJones There HAS to be a picture of Brian in his undies with NO
shirt or slacks on or maybe in his birthday suit. Hee Hee!
Lisa you are a genius with these beautiful pictures. Thank
you so very very much.

Sioux I am glad your Mom is improving. Also am glad your
husband seems to be improving, I hope and pray all goes
well with no future problems ever. Please keep us posted.
17th January 2008 08:09 PM
BriansBabe
quote:
zooeyglass wrote:
Alex, that picture was taken in Morocco, though I couldn't say exactly where or when -- I'm guessing it was when Brian went to record the G'naoua or Jajouka musicians.

Thanks my dear Lisa!!!! First I thought the same, it must have been in Morocco...Jajouka mountains or so...but I became to wonder about the landscape in the pic...it reminds me not that much of a desert, which is with Morocco the case, cause itīs very near to "Sahara"...lol

...well, but it couldnīt be another place, because Brian looks very much familiar with the people, itīs so lovely, he looks a bit like a missionary, no?
And how soft and tender he is holding this sweet little Baby...that is sooo very much gentle, charming and loving, isnīt it?
No wonder this people are to this day thankful and speaking very high about our dear Brian!!!

17th January 2008 08:16 PM
BriansBabe
quote:
zooeyglass wrote:
I love the little statues on either side of Brian and would love to know why they're in the shot

...oh, ähm, maybe these statues are a gift for our Brian dear, just a thought ...???

17th January 2008 08:33 PM
zooeyglass Sioux, things always happen in threes, good or bad. And this time it will be GOOD because

1. You just got a clean bill of health

so please keep the faith because

2. Your mom will be home soon

3. Your husband will also get a clean bill of health

Lisa logic, to be sure, and you probably shouldn't listen to someone who doesn't even know what day of the week it is. But I'm keeping the faith on this end that all will be well, liebe Sioux.

17th January 2008 09:09 PM
zooeyglass
quote:
BriansBabe wrote:

Thanks my dear Lisa!!!! First I thought the same, it must have been in Morocco...Jajouka mountains or so...but I became to wonder about the landscape in the pic...it reminds me not that much of a desert, which is with Morocco the case, cause itīs very near to "Sahara"... [

...well, but it couldnīt be another place, because Brian looks very much familiar with the people, itīs so lovely, he looks a bit like a missionary, no?
And how soft and tender he is holding this sweet little Baby...that is sooo very much gentle, charming and loving, isnīt it?
No wonder this people are to this day thankful and speaking very high about our dear Brian!!!

Yes, I love all this picture conveys about Brian and the Jajouka. I think what I love the most is that little boy to the side staring at Brian -- like "who the heck is this white guy with the long hair????" Priceless

From Brian Jones Presents the Pipes of Pan at Jajouka:

17th January 2008 09:19 PM
BriansBabe

Hey my dears, on Saturday itīs my Birthday, Iīm put myself not on that Birthday list, you know...I fear if someone would open a Birthday thread for me, there would be only 1 or 2 or maybe 0 messages in it, lol, because of my username...always thinking Iīm a crazy "Jones groupie" ...No? Our sweetest DUDE??

LOL, sorry, Sioux dear, I couldnīt hold on me to postinī this...you as a "dude"...

... and me as a "Jones groupie"

...that is so funny and silly...ha,ha

Well, in reality I was very hurt to be called a "Jones groupie" I would never grab at Brian or so, I would only look at him, hoping he would see me...Iīm really in no need to act like a "groupie"...

Have all a good night and sweet dreams my dear friends,
your "old" groupie Babe xx

[Edited by BriansBabe]
17th January 2008 10:58 PM
zooeyglass Listen, birthday babe, don't let what that idiot said bother you -- if we're "Jones groupies", everyone else on this entire board is some kind of groupie, whether it be a "Stones groupie" or "Jagger groupie" or "Richards groupie". My only response to that kind of shit is:

But I love the picture you used of the fan nearly pulling Brian off his feet -- SHE obviously wanted to be a Jones groupie

And you didn't forget our favorite dude, Sioux

I didn't put my name on the birthday list for the same reason -- don't worry, liebe, we won't forget you on your birthday, old girl

[Edited by zooeyglass]
18th January 2008 12:44 AM
GhostofBrianJones Is we Jones groupies? Or is we just Jones lovers? Maybe I
is one of each. Frankly I don't care for the word groupie,
it sounds like a person who is a member of a little group
of short aliens or something. My cousin used to call me
a teenybopper and I was very tempted to take my teen self
and bop him on his head good!! I hated that word. It is so
asinine.

I have a friend who when he is short of cigarettes or
whatever and has so look for some he calls it jonesing".
He will say I was "jonesing for cigarettes last night because
I ran out" and think to myself "Leave Brian's last name
out of it!" If something breaks down he will say it "Shot
Craps". Or if someone is trying to scam you they are
trying to put you "in the trick bag". I have picked up
so many weird sayings from him. But he is a professional
musician by trade, and knows lots of musicians as his
brother plays bass with Chuck Berry. He is a drummer and
an excellent one too. The man can fix almost anything
when not working as a drummer. What a way to go.
18th January 2008 01:33 AM
Sioux Wow, this has been a busy thread today.... Thank you so much, dear Lisa and Linda, for your kind thoughts and positive remarks! They made me SMILE.... Yes, I will keep you all posted. Thanks so much for caring for this old time Brian fan, but newbie to RO and the Brian thread....

I am so loving all the wonderful Brian pix! He really was quite an amazing boy, wasn't he?

I don't think we're Brian groupies, per se. I think we are more like true Brian friends---fans who really care about him, and care about what he went through and all that happened to him. And who, if we had been there, would have done everything in our power to help him, support him, and try to steer him away from the substances that didn't help him. People who love Brian unconditionally. That doesn't mean we agree with everything that he did or said. It does mean that we love him, as a person, and value him as such.
18th January 2008 01:35 AM
Sioux All right, my dear Alex, it is now your birthday! And I know you are a young thing---young enough to be my daughter! {But maybe people would think we were sisters? lol } So, how old are you today???

Happy birthday!
18th January 2008 01:49 AM
GhostofBrianJones Re:the things in Micks ears. I still think they are hearing
aids!!!

Sioux, we are not groupies, that is why I said that about
the aliens. We are is loving, caring and loyal fans
and I love the man to death like all the ladies here
so I guess we are all Brian Jones lovers. (I don't think
that came out right?) Anyway we are on a roll guys.
18th January 2008 05:37 AM
zooeyglass We're fans like anyone else, no need to defend that.

So a good FRIDAY [again, this time for real!] to my fellow non-groupies

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)