ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

© 1967 Gamma Press with special thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Mick Taylor's "Never Fall In Love Again" Return to archive
12th February 2007 03:09 PM
Mel Belli ...came up on iTunes shuffle. From his last, "A Stone's Throw." Decent song overall, but the bottleneck solo is stunning.
12th February 2007 06:12 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:
...came up on iTunes shuffle. From his last, "A Stone's Throw." Decent song overall, but the bottleneck solo is stunning.

Are there no other admirers of this unheralded gem?!
12th February 2007 06:58 PM
stonedinaustralia i've never really given Mick T's sole stuff much of a chance

i listened to "Leather Jacket" with eager anticipation but was generally disappointed

of his work outside the stones it is his stuff with dylan on Infidels i like the best - "sweetheart like you" is mick at his most sublime
12th February 2007 07:37 PM
Throwaway decent song but i always liked "Here Comes the Rain" more. Might sound crazy but its my fav track on the album.
12th February 2007 08:00 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
stonedinaustralia wrote:
i've never really given Mick T's sole stuff much of a chance

i listened to "Leather Jacket" with eager anticipation but was generally disappointed

of his work outside the stones it is his stuff with dylan on Infidels i like the best - "sweetheart like you" is mick at his most sublime

It's all a disappointment. His talent for songwriting is marginal at best (which doesn't mean he shouldn't have been credited for his collarborative work on Stones songs). But man, could he make other people's good songs even better...
12th February 2007 09:58 PM
Throwaway Listening to entire album's of his kind of wear on me, but some tracks that you shouldn't miss include:
Baby I Want You
Alabama
Stranger in this Town
Slow Blues
Losing My Faith
Secret Affair
Here Comes the Rain
and of course selected tracks from his stuff w/ Carla Olson, Dylan, Alvin Lee
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)