ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

© 1967 Gamma Press with special thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: XTC Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
11th February 2007 11:51 PM
Starbuck any big fans? i have always loved "skylarking"...."nonsuch" is very good as well.

i just dug these two albums out of the bottom of the CD barrel and they are still refreshing after all these years.
11th February 2007 11:57 PM
mojoman liked the dukes of the stratosphere......
12th February 2007 12:16 AM
Zack I think the stuff from the early 80s, like Black Sea and English Settlement are their peak. Both really strong albums. Only problem is they scattered bonus tracks throughout so the tracklists you came to know on vinyl are compromised. The recent Apple Venus period was also strong. Starbuck I think you'd really like "I'd Like That" from Volume 1. Really cool shimmery acoustic guitar sound.
12th February 2007 12:32 PM
Sir Stonesalot I'm still in love with Drums and Wires. Black Sea is great too.

Didja ever hear the song "No Language in our Lungs" Bucky? You need to hear that.
12th February 2007 12:38 PM
monkey_man I still listen to English Settlement and Drums abd Wires. I love the cover of All Along the Watchtower they did on White Music.
12th February 2007 06:35 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle Great band.

Black Sea, English Settlement, Mummer and The Big Express
are among my favorite albums ever - by anybody.

And The Dukes' Chips From The Chocolate Fireball is a psonic pslab o' psychedelia that melts in your mind, not in your hand...

12th February 2007 06:41 PM
Sir Stonesalot Ooooooo...I forgot about The Big Express. I love that record. I'm gonna play it tonight when I get home.
12th February 2007 06:47 PM
fireontheplatter i recogzise the name, but i can't 'picture' any of their songs....were they a band popular in the 80's?
12th February 2007 06:53 PM
Sir Stonesalot No, I wouldn't say popular.

Smart people like them though....
12th February 2007 07:23 PM
fireontheplatter wow!!!!
there's 6 smart people on the planet.
12th February 2007 07:30 PM
Sir Stonesalot Actually Left Shoe Shuffle and myself are flat out genius level type smart.

Our IQs are all swole up.
12th February 2007 07:58 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle
quote:
fireontheplatter wrote:
i recogzise the name, but i can't 'picture' any of their songs....were they a band popular in the 80's?

Early MTV ran Senses Working Overtime from English Settlement pretty regularly.

Their biggest US "hit" is probably Dear God, which was originally a B side.
And The Mayor Of Simpleton from Oranges & Lemons was also a 120 Minutes/modern rock radio staple.

Wouldn't say they were really popular - Andy Patridge's stage fright induced retirement from touring in the early 80's did little to help album sales - but their records were gifts of impeccably crafted post-punk pop.
12th February 2007 08:16 PM
Sir Stonesalot Hey Lefty...you ever see the video footage of Andy's breakdown in Paris? It's gutwrenching.
12th February 2007 08:24 PM
pdog i haven't seen the video, but I've got a pic....
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
12th February 2007 08:33 PM
Sir Stonesalot Hey, you should add that pic of you n me n scope from Joe O's in NYC to your slide show...
12th February 2007 08:34 PM
pdog
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Hey, you should add that pic of you n me n scope from Joe O's in NYC to your slide show...

I don't think I have it, can you post it?
12th February 2007 08:56 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
Left Shoe Shuffle wrote:

Early MTV ran Senses Working Overtime from English Settlement pretty regularly.

Their biggest US "hit" is probably Dear God, which was originally a B side.
And The Mayor Of Simpleton from Oranges & Lemons was also a 120 Minutes/modern rock radio staple.

Wouldn't say they were really popular - Andy Patridge's stage fright induced retirement from touring in the early 80's did little to help album sales - but their records were gifts of impeccably crafted post-punk pop.

thank you
i remember these song titles now
catchy song indeed
12th February 2007 09:03 PM
Sir Stonesalot I don't have it either...but I want it!

Who took that pic anyhow?

No WAIT...I think it was Lugar that was in the pic with us and Scope was the one who took it. Maybe Scope has it.

I have the one with your family and Luxy and Throbby and Lefty...I can post that one if you want it.
12th February 2007 09:21 PM
pdog
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
I don't have it either...but I want it!

Who took that pic anyhow?

No WAIT...I think it was Lugar that was in the pic with us and Scope was the one who took it. Maybe Scope has it.

I have the one with your family and Luxy and Throbby and Lefty...I can post that one if you want it.

I want it... I want it all. I wanted it yesterday!
12th February 2007 09:54 PM
Sir Stonesalot Your wish is my command...

12th February 2007 10:04 PM
pdog it's been added, what a great night....
feel free to get me others if you stumble across anymore...
It's all friends and family....All the people from the boards are people I've met and gotten their autographs...
12th February 2007 10:33 PM
Sir Stonesalot Here's me in that t-shirt you gave me...

12th February 2007 10:36 PM
pdog nice shirt!
added
12th February 2007 11:40 PM
sirmoonie May I comment?

I can't stand music like XTC - its not "eclectic" - its fucking gay and gay. Its even gayer than that. Pseudo-Beatles fans, wrapped in REM geekhood, with a bunch of really fucking gay coffee shop chatter.

Thats just my universally accepted opinion.
13th February 2007 12:44 AM
pdog
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
May I comment?

I can't stand music like XTC - its not "eclectic" - its fucking gay and gay. Its even gayer than that. Pseudo-Beatles fans, wrapped in REM geekhood, with a bunch of really fucking gay coffee shop chatter.

Thats just my universally accepted opinion.

I can't say I agree with everything you said,
but I never really got into them.
13th February 2007 01:38 AM
stonedinaustralia
come on moonie...stop beating around the bush man

tell us what you really think!!
13th February 2007 11:07 AM
Sir Stonesalot Gee.

I guess moonie isn't as smart as we all thought he was.

Because it is a proven scientific fact that brilliant smart people dig XTC. It's been in medical journals and shit. Proven fact.
13th February 2007 01:00 PM
Starbuck moonie!

i can see how you don't like them. i only have a few albums, and they don't, like, rock and all that shit. but their stuff is good solid pop music, which i am often in the mood for, as i am often in the mood for popsicles, english muffins and donovan.

i remember that pic...isn't that hot chick pdog's sister? and isn't that T&F from gasland in the stones hat? and isn't that commander data from star trek on the end?
13th February 2007 01:08 PM
sirmoonie Its that Dear God song, right?

They are awful, pretentious, whiny, the type of group that only plays rock because they believe that the dopey masses aren't smarterer enough to understand the true music they want to make. Well I is smarterer enough!
13th February 2007 01:10 PM
Starbuck
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)