ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

© 1967 Gamma Press with special thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: THE GRAMMY AWARDS Return to archive Page: 1 2
12th February 2007 11:34 AM
Joey
quote:
charlotte wrote:

baffling?? nothing makes any sense today in the music industry

GRAMMY WINNER GENRE CATEGORY YEAR TITLE PERFORMING ARTIST
Rolling Stones (Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Charlie Watts, Ron Wood), artist.

Rock Best Rock Album 1994 - 37th Annual GRAMMY Awards Voodoo Lounge The Rolling Stones

Rolling Stones (Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Charlie Watts, Ron Wood), artist. David Fincher, video director. Cean Chaffin, video producer.

Music Video Best Music Video, Short Form 1994 - 37th Annual GRAMMY Awards Love Is Strong The Rolling Stones

[Edited by charlotte]

You are much loved by Joey
12th February 2007 11:35 AM
Gazza
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
Have the Stones won a grammy??

Voodoo Lounge won some, as Charlotte has indicated above. They also won a lifetime achievement award in 1986. Not sure about any others. Theyve never performed at the ceremony however.

Oddly enough, there was no 'rock' category in the Grammys from the mid 60's up to 1979 which would partly explain why the Stones and many others have won so few.

Dylan's first was as late as 1980 when he won best male rock vocal for 'Gotta serve somebody'. Last night's pair takes his tally up to ten, I believe.
12th February 2007 11:37 AM
Saint Sway
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
"oh gosh... golly gee... I just dont know what to say.... I'm not sure who to thank... gee wiz... where to start... I dunno... good golly... I wasnt aware that we'd be asked to give an acceptance speech.... I just wanted to see Justin Timberlake.... I cant believe we won an award... golly gee... what can I say.... is thing on?... I guess we could thank our label... and lemme see... um.... our producer.. um... yeah... uh.... and our fans... ok ok.. ummm...oh and our families.... oh and umm... uh... no wait.... umm... oh yeah! and God... um.... gee.... and everyone who worked on the record... and umm.... this is nice.... really... umm.... did we thank our producer... yeah.... ummm.... gosh.... so many people... good golly.... this great... ummm...... wow....uhhhhh......"

-Chicks were baked.

blame Vick?
12th February 2007 11:39 AM
Some Guy jb has an extremely heavy case load.
12th February 2007 12:10 PM
gimmekeef Grammyshammy...didnt Jethro Tull win as best new Heavy Metal....years after their debut?..Plus Milli Vanilli....I mean gimmeabreak.....And they create 20 new categories for Rap Crap...and country still has one....And could someone please try and distinguish any of the so called R&B female songs?...every damn one is the freakin same .....Exile nor any of the Stones Big 4..were even nominated...rest my case
12th February 2007 01:11 PM
Saint Sway did anyone watch the post-show coverage?

they were talking about the Police reunion and all of the other rumored big reunions for 07 and one of the reporters hinted about a Faces reunion. Something about it happening at Mac's set at SouthXSouthwest.

I remember hearing awhile back that the Stones are supposed to show for that too, yes?
12th February 2007 03:33 PM
texile i bitch about them but i can't completely stay away -
they are what they are and mary blige deserves the accolades -
i love her...
some good artists are grammy staples, like stevie wonder, paul simon in the 70s etc...so
they do serve a purpose i suppose.

the winners last night were all legit to me -
but that don henely tribute sucked...
they started with a decent bob wills tribute and moved on to rascal flatts doing lame ass versions of hotel california and fast lane.
they sounded like a sports bar cover band.
i know some here think of the eagles as the rock and roll anti-christ of the 70s but, man - couldn't they have picked a better band than rascal flatts?
12th February 2007 03:36 PM
pdog
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
did anyone watch the post-show coverage?

they were talking about the Police reunion and all of the other rumored big reunions for 07 and one of the reporters hinted about a Faces reunion. Something about it happening at Mac's set at SouthXSouthwest.

I remember hearing awhile back that the Stones are supposed to show for that too, yes?

The Stones are playing... A reunited Ramones gig, is also strongly rumored.
12th February 2007 04:00 PM
gypsy The show wasn't that bad.

Scarlett Johansson looked stunning! I love this girl!

And Shakira rocked too!

12th February 2007 04:03 PM
Saint Sway Scarlett's gorgeous
12th February 2007 04:09 PM
Saint Sway Shakira is just a belly dancer with a record contract, no?
12th February 2007 04:10 PM
texile my grammy fantasy has always been the stones blasting through some blistering rock and roll and showing everyone who is king.
they've done the live via satellite thing before at the grammy awards but never the four of them just there, playing.

lionel ritchie made an interesting point with a comment about how the stones, beatles and james brown were not even ALLLOWED at the grammys back in the day...
12th February 2007 04:20 PM
Saint Sway Gnarles Barkley was good. But didnt they win a grammy for that song last year?
12th February 2007 04:24 PM
pdog
quote:
gypsy wrote:
The show wasn't that bad.

Scarlett Johansson looked stunning! I love this girl!

And Shakira rocked too!

Yes, she is stunning... Great actress too... saw her on Letterman and she was so dorky and weird, I love her more for it...
12th February 2007 04:24 PM
gypsy
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
Shakira is just a belly dancer with a record contract, no?

Her voice isn't that great...but she can belly dance!
She's awesome!

I want to move like that - I bought two belly dancing workout DVD's!

12th February 2007 04:26 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
gypsy wrote:

Her voice isn't that great...but she can belly dance!
She's awesome!

she can definately move. Her hips are a weapon.

she would probably hurt me

I like that
12th February 2007 04:29 PM
texile for the first time in forever - i actually own four of the nominated cds of the year...
chicks, mayer, gnarls barkely, peppers -
so i'm current! lol...
most years i'm compeltely out of the loop.
12th February 2007 04:31 PM
Some Guy
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

she can definately move. Her hips are a weapon.

she would probably hurt me

I like that

12th February 2007 04:37 PM
Saint Sway Coochie! Coochie!
12th February 2007 04:37 PM
gypsy
quote:
Some Guy wrote:

Somebody's got their POSTIN' shoes on today!
12th February 2007 04:49 PM
fireontheplatter i was like so hoping the police would not do roxanne...i really wanted either message in the bottle or next to you.
i really liked christina agulara doing its a mans world..
the dixie chicks kinda sucked
i watched the whole show..
justin timberlake...oh jesus
it was fun tho
12th February 2007 04:53 PM
texile christina is amazing - she's broken away from that whole britney/mouseketeer thing......
i like jt - he can sing but the whole schtick is michael jackson circa 1980-1984....
i missed the john legend/corrine bailey ray/mayer trio -
how was it?
i like all of them...
12th February 2007 04:57 PM
gypsy
quote:
texile wrote:
christina is amazing - she's broken away from that whole britney/mouseketeer thing......
i like jt - he can sing but the whole schtick is michael jackson circa 1980-1984....
i missed the john legend/corrine bailey ray/mayer trio -
how was it?
i like all of them...

That girl has got pipes!
12th February 2007 04:59 PM
fireontheplatter i really can't deal with john legend or john mayer
the big black dude who sings ....CRRAAAAAAAZYYYYYYY... was really cool
i did like the police ...they cranked out roxanne..i bet their tour is going to be a hit. they sound in top form...really on

everybody say ow

spring is 4 weeks away........
12th February 2007 05:12 PM
texile
quote:
fireontheplatter wrote:
i really can't deal with john legend or john mayer
i did like the police ...they cranked out roxanne..i bet their tour is going to be a hit. they sound in top form...really on

everybody say ow

that crazy song was the best thing all year -
but unfortunately, it was the best thing about that cd.
legend and mayer are a great throwback to more rootsy, organic music and they're both evolving so that counts for alot to me in this prepackaged age of music....

corrine bailey ray is cute.
12th February 2007 05:29 PM
gypsy
quote:
fireontheplatter wrote:
i really can't deal with john legend or john mayer

everybody say ow

I thought they each performed quite well...the songs they sang were too long though.
"Crazy" rocked!
Sting looked great - must be all that yoga he does.
12th February 2007 05:33 PM
texile
quote:
gypsy wrote:

Sting looked great - must be all that yoga he does.

and SEX...
wtf was that about dermot mulroney playing cello?
12th February 2007 09:25 PM
texile Grammy vignettes: Ludacris barb and more
Staff and agencies
12 February, 2007

By SANDY COHEN, AP Entertainment Writer Mon Feb 12, 2:44 AM ET

LOS ANGELES - Ludacris gave a "special shout-out" to Oprah Winfrey and Bill O‘Reilly as he picked up the Grammy for best rap album Sunday night.

Ludacris has been critical of Winfrey, who he has said edited out many of his comments when he was a guest on "The Oprah Winfrey Show." Other rappers 50 Cent and Ice Cube have suggested Winfrey has "a problem with hip-hop."

O‘Reilly criticized Ludacris on his Fox News show "The O‘Reilly Factor," which led to Pepsi dropping Ludacris in an ad campaign.

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Mary J. Blige Mary J. Blige may have set an awards-show record to go with the armful of Grammys she won Sunday: most people thanked in a single acceptance speech.

Blige talked for nearly two minutes — an eternity on a televised awards show — including going on for a good 30 seconds after the music started playing to signal her to wind down, spitting out names faster and faster as the music swelled.

___

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Tony Bennett , a double winner at Sunday‘s Grammys, loves traditional pop.

But even with decades of performing behind him, Bennett said he‘s still learning.

___

"It‘s a funky time for the record industry," said double-winner John Legend. "But the music industry is bigger than the record industry. ... Records aren‘t the only way to make money. It was the way (companies) made money, now they‘ve got to figure that out."

Fellow double-winner John Mayer said talk of digital rights doesn‘t belong in rock.

"The answer lies in the simplicity of saying Jimi Hendrix, the Beatles, the Rolling Stones, rock ‘n‘ roll, Fender Stratocaster, loud music, volume, feedback. Now let‘s go to the next word: digital rights management," Mayer said before Sunday night‘s show. "There‘s one thing in there that‘s not like the others."

___

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Something strange happened at Sunday‘s Grammy Awards .

There were two ties.

Jimmy Carter‘s spoken-word album, "Our Endangered Values: America‘s Moral Crisis," tied with Ossie Davis and Ruby Dee ‘s "With Ossie and Ruby: In This Life Together."

In the Latin pop album category, Arjona‘s "Adentro" tied with Julieta Venegas‘ "Limon Y Sal."

Grammy officials said only that ties are rare at the Grammys. No other details were available.

jimmy carter, grammy winner!
13th February 2007 06:55 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:
I can't bear to watch 'em. But...they do have their moments. Like this one, for instance.

way to go.....
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)