ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

© 1967 Gamma Press with special thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: THE GRAMMY AWARDS Return to archive Page: 1 2
11th February 2007 05:57 PM
fireontheplatter anybody going to watch?

what did you think?
11th February 2007 06:01 PM
Bloozehound all I want to know is what happened to your buns avatar ?
11th February 2007 06:03 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:
all I want to know is what happened to your buns avatar ?

dude man...get over it.....

we broke up already

think grammy awards please....
11th February 2007 06:11 PM
Bloozehound Why watch the grammys, when u could watch those buns...
11th February 2007 06:17 PM
Joey
quote:
fireontheplatter wrote:
anybody going to watch?

what did you think?

Frig Yeah !!!!!

" THE POLICE " will open the show

....other than that ****** ( fade to white .... like an angel )

Kins !
11th February 2007 07:02 PM
glencar I must pass as life is too short. I'll catch any highlights (!) on youtube...
11th February 2007 08:06 PM
Olivia1962
quote:
fireontheplatter wrote:
anybody going to watch?

what did you think?

Why would i waste my time watching ridiculus performers that all sound the same.

No thanks

It is an embaressment
11th February 2007 09:24 PM
mojoman grateful dead get a lifetime achievement award. jeez jerrys only been dead for almost a dozen years think they could have at least waited a few more years?
11th February 2007 10:32 PM
texile i never watch them -
only when i was a kid.
anybody remember the days when the likes of helen reddy and perry como were the hosts?
now THAT's the grammys to me, i enjoyed watching the spectacle of it.
but now, it takes itself far too seriously..
and i actually like many of the artists nominated tonight -

even though i loved watching it as a kid, when i became a stones fan i realized how conventional they were.
the stones were so disconnected from this kind of mainstream awards stuff that i can't take any of it seriously.
12th February 2007 02:37 AM
Brainbell Jangler
12th February 2007 03:00 AM
prism The climax of the "people who died" segment was a great clip of Ahmet Ertegun praising American black music which led directly into an exciting 1960's clip of James Brown.
12th February 2007 05:07 AM
corgi37 Lame ass awards as always, but Wolfmother did well.
12th February 2007 05:51 AM
Jeep Yesterday night, The Police played a Roxanne jazzy version
A press conference is scheduled tonight to announce an US tour beginning late may and an Europe tour this summer.

12th February 2007 06:12 AM
FotiniD It's the Reunion year!
12th February 2007 09:09 AM
GotToRollMe I can't bear to watch 'em. But...they do have their moments. Like this one, for instance.

12th February 2007 09:19 AM
Some Guy I was underwhelmed by the Police.
12th February 2007 09:19 AM
LadyJane Disappointing performance by The Police, imho.
A medley would have been better.

Didn't see the whole show.

Mary J Blige blew me away. Major goosebumps.

Nearly threw up at the Eagles tribute...at that point the channel was permanently changed.

LJ.

12th February 2007 09:20 AM
Jumping Jack Very few articulate people on the show.
12th February 2007 10:13 AM
gimmekeef Call the cops..The Police are done....Coming soon to an amphitheater near you!
12th February 2007 10:16 AM
Joey
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
Very few articulate people on the show.

That is what IMUS said this morning

" ***** IMUS IN THE MORNING !!!! ******* "

'KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKINS !
12th February 2007 10:23 AM
Gazza Am I the only one who finds these categories baffling?

Dylan won 'best solo rock vocal' (yet another award for his vocals, not bad for a guy who apparently cant sing) for 'Someday Baby' yet the album it was taken from won 'best contemporary folk album', a genre in which it definitely doesnt belong as it seems to be made up of a collection of rock n roll, R&B and jazz/swing styles.
12th February 2007 10:36 AM
Some Guy Have the Stones won a grammy??
12th February 2007 10:42 AM
PartyDoll MEG Sounds like I didn't miss much...per usual with this show...

Maybe I can remember when the show was actually good...
let me think..........
12th February 2007 10:43 AM
Joey
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
Have the Stones won a grammy??

I believe they have won a Grammy ( .. not quite sure , though ) . Hopefully others here at the board will know for sure .

12th February 2007 10:49 AM
Some Guy
quote:
Joey wrote:

I believe they have won a Grammy ( .. not quite sure , though ) . Hopefully others here at the board will know for sure .

GITD?
12th February 2007 11:15 AM
Jumping Jack Imus is stealing my material? Where is Joshy? I shall sue!
12th February 2007 11:22 AM
MrPleasant
quote:
glencar wrote:
I'll catch any highlights (!) on youtube...

My thoughts, exactly.
12th February 2007 11:24 AM
charlotte
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Am I the only one who finds these categories baffling?

Dylan won 'best solo rock vocal' (yet another award for his vocals, not bad for a guy who apparently cant sing) for 'Someday Baby' yet the album it was taken from won 'best contemporary folk album', a genre in which it definitely doesn't belong as it seems to be made up of a collection of rock n roll, R&B and jazz/swing styles.

baffling?? nothing makes any sense today in the music industry

GRAMMY WINNER GENRE CATEGORY YEAR TITLE PERFORMING ARTIST
Rolling Stones (Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Charlie Watts, Ron Wood), artist.

Rock Best Rock Album 1994 - 37th Annual GRAMMY Awards Voodoo Lounge The Rolling Stones

Rolling Stones (Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Charlie Watts, Ron Wood), artist. David Fincher, video director. Cean Chaffin, video producer.

Music Video Best Music Video, Short Form 1994 - 37th Annual GRAMMY Awards Love Is Strong The Rolling Stones

[Edited by charlotte]
12th February 2007 11:24 AM
Saint Sway I noticed the Dixie Chicks had a top-notch band backing them up. I saw Chad Smith from the Chili Peppers on Drums and former Black Crowes guitarist Audley Freed in their backing band. It was hard to make out who else was part of that. Seems like overkill for a DC performance though.

thought the song was pretty good actually

the thing that pissed me off with them is every time they got up to accept an award they had no idea what to say and came off as total ditzes. In interviews they come off as being inteligent. But they totally came off as blonde bimbs during their speeches. Just embarrassing.

look, if you can spend 4 hours on hair and makeup, then you can take 5 minutes to prepare an acceptance speech. Its not like someone hijacked them on the street and surprise shoved a mic in their face and asked them what its like to win a Grammy. They went to the show, they knew they were nominated in like 7 categories.... so prepare a speech.

especially by the 3rd time they got last night up to accept an award. Figure out something to say already and know who to thank. Its not that hard.

or just say a simple thanks and walk away. Just dont stand up there bumbling over your words and going "oh gosh... golly gee... I just dont know what to say.... I'm not sure who to thank... gee wiz... where to start... I dunno... good golly... I wasnt aware that we'd be asked to give an acceptance speech.... I just wanted to see Justin Timberlake.... I cant believe we won an award... golly gee... what can I say.... is thing on?... I guess we could thank our label... and lemme see... um.... our producer.. um... yeah... uh.... and our fans... ok ok.. ummm...oh and our families.... oh and umm... uh... no wait.... umm... oh yeah! and God... um.... gee.... and everyone who worked on the record... and umm.... this is nice.... really... umm.... did we thank our producer... yeah.... ummm.... gosh.... so many people... good golly.... this great... ummm...... wow....uhhhhh......"
12th February 2007 11:32 AM
Some Guy "oh gosh... golly gee... I just dont know what to say.... I'm not sure who to thank... gee wiz... where to start... I dunno... good golly... I wasnt aware that we'd be asked to give an acceptance speech.... I just wanted to see Justin Timberlake.... I cant believe we won an award... golly gee... what can I say.... is thing on?... I guess we could thank our label... and lemme see... um.... our producer.. um... yeah... uh.... and our fans... ok ok.. ummm...oh and our families.... oh and umm... uh... no wait.... umm... oh yeah! and God... um.... gee.... and everyone who worked on the record... and umm.... this is nice.... really... umm.... did we thank our producer... yeah.... ummm.... gosh.... so many people... good golly.... this great... ummm...... wow....uhhhhh......"

-Chicks were baked.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)