ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

The Forum, Montreal July 17, 1972
© Harold Whyte with special thanks to Harold Colson aka Stoneslib
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Traffic Santa Monica DVD B&P Return to archive
February 15th, 2005 05:08 AM
MRD8 This weeks B&P is to honor the great drummer for Traffic, Jim Capaldi, who passed away recently...its the great Santa Monica proshot in A+ condition(thanks J.J. Flash!)Send three blank DVD+R's(name brand at least 4X) and a postage paid return mailer...no artwork...all others email me at [email protected] for details. Here's the setlist:
The Low Spark Of High Heeled Boys
Light Up Or Leave Me Alone
John Barleycorn
Rainmaker
Glad
Freedom Rider
Forty Thousand Headmen
Dear Mr. Fantasy
February 15th, 2005 10:29 AM
MRD8 I left one track off by mistake...there's a bonus track of them doing Evening Blue on a TV show somewhere in Europe...
February 15th, 2005 10:47 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl You also forgot to mention that it's 1973

I have this one in the old BETA format and even in that format the audio and the video are great so I do recommend this in terms of quality and performance

Fuck only Steve is alive, well, Jim Gordon too but in jail for the rest of his life.

February 15th, 2005 10:56 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl ...and again as I mentioned when Jim passed, I do not consider Jim a drummer, in fact as far as I remember you don't see him playing drums in that video. He was a great poet, songwriter and musician, and that's more than just a drummer in my humble opinion.

Anyway thanks again MRD8 you rule!!
February 15th, 2005 12:28 PM
MRD8 You're right, on this show Roger Hawkins played the drums...Jim played tambourine and sang Light Up Or Leave Me Alone...he wrote the lyrics while Winwood wrote the music...the Santa Monica show was actually in 1972.
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood